• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

I don't know if I'm going mental but I've just seen the sub terra advert, nice 2013 merlin :)

Ah that makes sense! I had heard they were meant to be running that ad around the start of the season but hadn't heard anything of it being on TV!

:)

I have seen it tonight too, I suppose this should have been time when they would have been planning to advertise The Smiler so have used a fall back instead.

Ben said:
I have seen it tonight too, I suppose this should have been time when they would have been planning to advertise The Smiler so have used a fall back instead.
Ohh I'm glad somebody else has seen it, it took me a good 5 minutes to realise it opened last year

I think it's just temporary as Nemesis is struggling to open first thing and Th13teen needs 18 riders which is tricky during dead ERT.

How is everything on park now with the snow. Are all rides back operating? The snow melting much?

There's been no news since the other day and I'm visiting next week so I've been getting paranoid I'll be going to a park with hardly anything open. :p

Snow is not a massive problem now but some rides struggle below 5 degrees.

The park being dead on Good Friday is not... Good.

Yesterday was dead too, although Good Friday should be much much busier. Everything eventually opened yesterday with the exception of Nemesis, Flume, RMT and the Monorail. Thirteen and the Rapids opened late but the park did a great job of getting things operating. The Monorail was having snow cleared off the tracks in the afternoon so I am guessing it opened today.

I was shocked at the amount of snow still on the ground, it must have been hellish around AT at the end of last week! :eek:

I would like to highlight how great the staff and ents team were yesterday. There were lots of talented roaming actors and The Smiler 'duo' in X Sector were really funny, winding guests up.

One criticism would be the state of the park in some areas. It just looks a bit unloved and attention to detail is definitely lacking when it comes to maintenance. It is such a shame because most of the things I am talking about could be fixed cheaply with a jet-washer!! I'd also say that The Dark Forest is a terrible area of the park for lacking atmosphere, mostly due to the layout, lack of themeing and the awful abundance of scaffolding everywhere! :(

Is it travellers weekend this weekend? and if so - how bad does it get? Planning on going both Sat/Sun but after having found out about it I'm thinking I should cancel.

RoyalFool said:
Is it travellers weekend this weekend? and if so - how bad does it get? Planning on going both Sat/Sun but after having found out about it I'm thinking I should cancel.
I have heard it can get quite bad, ask around here and many stories of what they have done can be found.

Today has been empty. Really really quiet. I guess it's down to the weather.

However everything was open minus Flume & RMT. Walk on pretty much everything. The Sanctuary very well done, and likewise with the roaming Smiler Duo in XS.

Hotel entertainment is plentiful over the Easter holidays with the state rooms open for entertainment shows and DJ in the evenings. Fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sub terra is on ERT as a replacement for mine train until it reopens - imagine Rita is covering thirteen until temperatures are warm enough in the mornings.

The park was very quiet today. Busier than it has been during the couple of weeks after opening day, but that wasn't exactly hard. All rides were open apart from RMT and The Flume. They also got the Monorail open later on in the day, albeit only on 2 trains.

Rob said:
The park was very quiet today. Busier than it has been during the couple of weeks after opening day, but that wasn't exactly hard. All rides were open apart from RMT and The Flume. They also got the Monorail open later on in the day, albeit only on 2 trains.

Wish I hadn't obtained Fastrack Platinum today! It wasn't needed at all as it just wasn't busy enough!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob said:

MONORAIL!!! IT LIVES!!!

Noticed the last couple of visits that as well as all guests being allowed to enter the park at 9, as per last year, there are no longer staff at ride entrances checking guests have valid tickets for ERT or annual passes. I can only assume ERT is available to everyone who gets there early now? Or am I missing something obvious as per norm.

Noted the gardens were still closed to guests. Guessing still quite icy down there?
Despite being fairly quiet today, rides running at pretty much full capacity, except for Th13teen, which was on two trains, and thus had a 25 minute queue, which was the longest wait of the day.

I would assume that the numbers in park dont warrant the staff to check early people in park, not the best excuse though really.

I was disapointed the gardens were still closed since it looked like the paths down there had been cleared. Also I can understand the fact that alot of staff are new but better training perhaps? Most staff seemed to be running around like headless chickens and the guy for doughnuts was wetting himself with a queue of two of us and paniced at only having nine doughnuts when I wanted ten.

Not many of you visit The Sanctuary thread but here for all. if you want the Sanctuary to remain open for the remainder of the season give this page a like and hopefully Alton listen to the publics views. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keep-The-Sanctuary/493561907359820?fref=ts

9a54cf51-0f96-4055-9e75-7e976c702467_zps025e06fd.jpg

Show The Sanctuary your support.