• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

James said:
GaryH said:
smidgey said:
Just back from the resort! Had a really good day but someone implements things without thinking of the impact on guest satisfaction. I purchased an on ride smiler photo and asked to pick it up later as I always do - they now charge a £1 for this service per ride. Shameful.

Whhhaaaaatt? Is this for real or a wind up???

They've been doing this for years (I say years, at least since 2010 if not 2011). It was 50p a few years ago although went up to £1 in 2011 or last season.

I remember seeing it years ago and having a massive rant to a friend about it. Money grabbing at its very best (or worst rather)!

Funnily enough, I have never been charged for the pick-up later at the front service. Last time I used it was opening Saturday of The Smiler. Must be a recent introduction and one I am not keen to see. If it is true, hopefully the abolish it ASAP!

BigAl said:
TST uploaded this picture to Facebook of the view down Towers Street facing the Towers and asked people to guess what's missing:

1040488_497345957002520_1158654155_o.jpg

So is this board being fixed or is there a chance that we might be getting a new board here? If a new and improved board is added, might we see more rolled-out across the park?

:)
Lets hope they're all getting replaced. Last week, they were just showing Air's queue constantly on the second row and then swapping between TH13TEEN and The Smiler on the bottom row. Useless. There's also not enough of them in the park.

I don't reckon there are enough queue time boards in the park. One at the bottom of Towers Street, one by the Towers, one in Mutiny Bay and one in Forbidden Valley. I think it would be good if they added a board in X-Sector and another in Dark Forest, with a possible third one being in Gloomy Wood.

The boards need a total overhaul as the system only has a maximum number of rides it can show at once. Therefore every time a new ride opens, something else has to be dropped.

The new boards and signs on ride entrances at Thorpe Park are what we need... Nice clear and big LED screens like have been used in the Smiler queue and on the marmaliser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Someone on TPR took a photo of the boards used at Phantasialand:

img_1472_3.jpg

They look really good and could display loads of rides and information on them. Alton Towers could pay for something similar, if not better, by putting a few ads on the sides for their sponsors, or in between ride and park data changing (only short clips or small banners though, nothing too big). As much as I dislike seeing loads of adverts and sponsors around theme parks, if they could pay for the same screens as those, I'm sure I could manage! :p

I do like that type of board, but it will have to be made to take the British weather. as the phantasialand design would die very quickly with the large changes in the weather.

Alton can we have a ruggized version of this please.

I noticed the other week that Thorpe had a large LED board, sort of like the one above, near Nemesis Inferno that listed near on every ride. It looked really good to be honest and would be a good idea positioned at the bottom of Towers Street for people to look at as they got into the park :)

That list is really quite odd. Obviously EP at number one is no surprise but Paultons being the highest ranked UK park is weird to say the least!

Having said that, I'm not surprised Alton is where it is if I'm being honest, but it shouldn't be behind Drayton!

I'm not sure that Towers should be behind Drayton, Thorpe, BPB and Paultons. I'm taking the way that list is compiled with a huge pinch of salt though considering that Terra Mitica is on it whereas other major European theme parks such as Asterix, Parque Warner, Phantasialand etc are nowhere to be seen.

:)

That list probably has them ordered based upon their ranking/rating on TripAdvisor... It's highly possible Alton places so low because of how people have reviewed and rates it on the site itself.

I agree, TripAdvisor can only rank them on customer reviews, which, is still worrying for Alton. Mind you if you read through the first 3 pages of recent reviews, you will notice a common trend of people complaining mainly about the prices in the park and especially the car parking charge.

The list is solid.

Alton, whilst I love it, is associated with horrific admission prices and, recently, long queues. This affects reviews!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2