• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

AstroDan said:
They're not all rude! It's only the odd one on bigger rides. I think it's more guest interaction that doesn't exist on the major rides rather than actual rudeness.

Some staff are lovely like that amazing woman on Dino-Karrussell.

Joanna Lumley? *waves arms side to side* I LOVE MY LIFE! :D

Saisonstart 2014

The park is open! The ribbon was cut at 9am yesterday morning to celebrate the start of Europa-Park's 40th season of operation. This is my favourite photo, as the ribbon is cut and guests run in - with Roland in the thick of it throwing his arms into the air in celebration:

1396735392.jpg

The park has been moderately busy, with ride close extended to 7pm on both Saturday and Sunday.

Change Log 2014

As the park re-opened yesterday, EPFans.info have added their 2014 change log, showing what the park have been doing over the winter! This list is not exhaustive, and is being added to as the days go by. As the site states, they can't quite every last painted queue line or trash can!

ADVENTURELAND

New fencing around parts of the lake

GERMANY

New Dolls exhibition for 2014 season

New Info-Centre at the main entrance including access to EP Express

600 new lockers, wheelchair and stroller rental

ENGLAND

Remote-Control boating game refurbishment

FRANCE

New exhibition for 2014 'Into Extremes' in Silver Star Hall

Facades of Magic Cinema 4D completed

Removal of kids mini racetrack outside Silver Star Hall

Newly paved pathways

Eurosat laser tweaks

ENCHANTED FOREST

All fairytales now in English aswell

Old wooden seating by lake replaced by metal seating

KINGDOM OF THE INVISIBLES (from May 2014)

Arthur Suspended Coaser

Family Freefall tower

Mul-Mul Carousel

Eatery

Shop

Play area

ICELAND

New Wodan theming

PORTUGAL

New adults waiting area in Casa da Aventura

Atlantica Lake completely repainted

RUSSIA

Photo point for Lada-Autodrom

SCANDINAVIA

Camp David store (from May 2014)

SPAIN

Bodega 'Wine and Tapas Bar' fully refurbished, new theming and new menu

AUSTRIA

Tyrol Log Flume theme refurbishment

New childrens play area

See-Restaurant terrace added

Interior of the See-Restaurant modified

Newly paved walkways and roads

ENTERTAINMENT

New shows across the park

BEHIND THE SCENES

New 3-storey building for workshops, rehearsal spaces etc.

HOTEL RESORT

Castillo Alcazar air-conditioning added to all rooms

El Andaluz air-conditioning added to all rooms

3 new Arthur themed rooms in El Andaluz

New seating in El Andaluz lobby

I like this photo that EP posted on their FB page, with happy Roland in the corner, and excited young people in the background running to experience his works. :)

923183_10152009778166440_2041042026_n.jpg

Some big news now: in an interview posted this afternoon with Roland Mack (translated by Bianca), he told the press that the park's new standard opening hours are 9 to 6, with extensions beyond this when it's busy. But the new minimum is 9 to 6 (previously 9 to 5).

This is excellent news for guests and EP fans! :D

Edit: I am an idiot.

Some more updates on improvements and additions around the park, including photos of previously mentioned additions. :)

1901854_724897984198525_7842351859992560877_n.jpg

Slightly odd new merch (epfans.ch)

734475_724485767573080_2086237292718781227_n.jpg

New 'barbeque hut' inside the Wodan/Atlantica platz. (epfans.ch)

1509762_724052590949731_627093885495085337_n.jpg

8p2WVkC.jpg

Extension to the Casa da Aventura with a place for parents to sit.

10168195_724000090954981_2649705802535841949_n.jpg

New bird in Universe of Energy. :p (epfans.ch)

8rpQQoa.jpg

Käthe Kruse exhibition of historic dolls, see more here. (eprust)

gABnTU6.jpg

New on-ride photo for Lada Autodrom (mini Silverstone PISSED). (epfans.info)

8rVf62X.jpg

New seating in the lobby of El Andaluz (epfans.info)

SU9dUWY.jpg

Removal of crappy 'drive your own car' children's thing from outside Silver Star (epfans.info)

l4soXoj.jpg

New seating in the Enchanted Forest. (epfans.info)

Other new additions, as yet unphotographed, include a refurbishment of the RC boats in England, a new laser in EuroSat, on-ride photo on Atlantis Adventure, a new projection in Pirates in Batavia, the roll-out of three-language signs across the park (English, French & German) and additions to the Geisterschloss 'ballroom' scene. :)

Lots of little improvements all over the park and hotels! Looking forward to seeing some of them next week!

:)

Quick question (and I probably know the answer): is it possible to use the hotel pools without staying in the hotels?

Back after an amazing time at Europa once again :) I think I should spend weeks there and I still wouldn't get bored!

Anyway from looking at Arthur, it's clear to see it is no where near finished, we went past on the train on Wednesday and there was loads of themeing outside the ride being painted, and not just little bits, these were massive bits of themeing. We did also see the ride going round on Saturday with full cars, and also just ride cars without any of the seats, etc on them. Looks massive in person as well when you are near it, yet you can't spot it at all around the park, very well hidden!

That is very true, I could spend days upon days and not get bored! I worked out earlier, despite having 4 days there... There were still 29 rides that I didn't do! Baffling! :p

However on the topic of Arthur, it is definitely not finished at all! It will most certainly be late May before it opens judging by the amount of stuff still layed out outside the building!

But Michael really is right, the building is absolutely huge, but almost impossible to see from around the park other than by the gate or on Euro Tower! Infact in the words of AstroDan in possibly the quote of the meet while riding Jungle Rafts "Wow, look at Arthur, it's pretty much Invisible!" ;)

Going next week! Can't wait! Will report back on the ride once we're allowed to talk about it. Getting an exclusive ride next week.

Just a quick question for anybody who's been to Europa Park, especially in Wodan's realm; would anybody have a clear photo of one of the many beautifully crafted Viking women warriors that line the station? I'd really appreciate it :)

Obviously there were no new attractions since my last visit per se, but I had the chance to try out the new Bodega tapas restaurant in Spain. It's really beautiful inside, with naturalistic-feeling long wooden tables and racks of wine mounted on the walls.

Here's a (not very good) photo I took.

J9ATBvk.jpg

And how it used to look, for the contrast.

ndk4oT2.jpg

A dramatic improvement. What was a cheaply decorated thoroughfare has now become a real place, with its own identity and character. What was a transition is now a destination. Unfortunately I was feeling a bit ill during the holiday and not eating much, so I only had a smoked salmon sandwich, but it was very good nonetheless, with just the right amount of seasoning and interesting fillings, rocket and a couple of other things that have slipped my mind. Others who eat tapas gave it a pretty good review. I think it'll now enter regular rotation in terms of my eating haunts at EP, alongside Mario's Pizza and the excellent Greek gyros. :)

Bodega is a vast improvement on what went before. The food was lovely - my salad was enormous and also good value!

Good wine, great beer and even better sangria too!

:)