• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

What I find most interesting about Sam's photos is that if we saw the original restaurant open at Alton, we'd probably be really impressed with the effort!

So nice to hear that you guys had another good stay at Europa Park Resort !

Hope to see some of you once again in the future having a large Weizen together at the Saloon or wherever :*

Greeds....Gero

The new info centre is very lovely, but check out this photo I took of the top of the lift shaft in the EP-Express station.

uM0bP8R.jpg

Oh dear! Proof that not everything at EP is perfect. Let's hope this is only a temporary solution. :)

Sorry for the double post, but worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmSPVnP0TUU

Video of what appears to be the completed final trains for Arthur. I love the lights on the bottom of the cars, and just the silky way the thing moves!

EP-Fans.info are also currently running a competition to win one of ten signed copies of the Roland Mack biog.

Can a German-fluent forum member work out the answers to the four questions to enter the competition? (though three is obviously EuroMir). Google Translate does not make the questions very clear. :/

Full trains!

With test rides for people taking place imminently, the ride mustn't be far off now.

Well considering there's, what, five of them(?) and they're using rolling loading it should be pretty high! Even in the throughput isn't the highest in the park at least with rolling loading it should in theory be a fast moving queue.

@ sam (hope translating the questions helps) :

1) When was the family-run business Mack grounded and mentioned for the first time ?
2) When did (engeneer) Roland Mack finish his machine-building studys ?
3) When did the first spinning coaster (by Mack) opened at Europa Park ?
4) What is the meaning of Mack Solution...and what kind of job are they doing for Europa Park ?

Greeds...GeorgeT

Poison Tom 96 said:
What's the throughput going to be like though? Small trains etc...

7 trains.

Rolling loading.

Have faith. This is EP.

We were talking about how the trains were going to load while we were there a couple of weeks ago. Inverted trrains with 4 across seating do not lend themselves to omnimover style loading.
....Unless, the seats rotate 90' to face the platform, and a convayor belt under them matches the train speed. I believe Harry Potter and the Forbiden Journey uses a similar loading system? (Not been on it myself).
I assume there will be a seperate offload platform as well.

I can't imagine how that will work, but this EP & Mack - The Jedi of coaster builders.

They use the force.

The seats spin don't they anyway? So rotating to create a long line entering the station for rolling boarding like Diogo has guessed probably won't be far off?

Doesn't Dreamflight have rolling on and off-loading? That seems to do alright in terms of keeping the queue moving.

It does. But Dreem Flight has cars that you can step in to, so there's less chance of getting run over.

It has a rolling conveyor under it, swear there was a pic ages ago.

EDIT: the conveyer was confirmed to EPfans a few months ago.

There was a video mockup up of it wasn't there too? I don't envisage the rolling loading being an issue, and knowing Mack and their certain skill of coordinating multiple vehicles it'll no doubt have some clearance built in for them to stop a train briefly in the station without causing stacking or holding up the rest of the ride. It's what they do best! :)

I suppose when you think about it, this is the natural evolution of the (I believe) still to this day unique Haunted House ride system.

I indeed imagine it will be identical to Forbidden Journey's boarding system, albeit in a more open and spacious environment.