• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit also uses a conveyor loading system, which works perfectly well. If Maurer can do it then Mack certainly can ;)

nickhutson said:
I can confirm it has an endless platform of trains for loading.

This is going to be one killer app of a ride!

I hate you.

Hopefully it won't be like Crush's Coaster, which ostensibly has rolling loading, but every other car has to be stopped at dispatch due to some issue or problem (usually with the guest rather than with the ride).

The ride will probably open sometime around 30 May, as tonight an invitation to a press event has been leaked.

10330264_1497569497128756_1766770470344530250_n.jpg

Plus, the park have announced the line-up for the second annual MUSIC@PARK event (last year featuring Olly Murs!) which includes noughties pop titan Anastacia. :)

10300309_10152066140271440_462797731289129662_n.jpg

So it's looking to be a Smiler style end of May opening. Well by some bizarre twist of fate it looks like I'm going to be one of the first from the forum on it (visiting the first week of June :D )

I'm there 26-30 May.

Oh well - July it is!

This date does fit - school holidays in Germany the first week of June!

AstroDan said:
I'm there 26-30 May.

I did not know you were taking me their for a Surprise Birthday Party, thanks for ruining the the surprise @AstroDan :p

Great to know that its almost ready, and you might get lucky with a soft opening before the official opening :)

The great thing about EP, is that, whether you visit an attraction when it opens, or a year later, it still feels new. I had to remind myself afterwards that Wodan was a year old when I went last April.

Roll on July.

Ian

Arthur will start with 7 trains. At a later time 2 more trains will be added.
Ride capacity: 1600 pph (from rcdb)

Ramius said:
Arthur will start with 7 trains. At a later time 2 more trains will be added.
Ride capacity: 1600 pph (from rcdb)

Eye watering capacity. You know they'll reach this as well.

In many other industries, people copy the pinnacle providers of service/products, (not talking the China High Magic Twisted Steel For You To Enjoy Much Knock-off Happinesses Limited Corporation) it baffles me why they seemingly stand almost alone head and shoulders above most of the global competition?

Not necessarily in investment, but in service delivery and quality.

I'm not a huge dark ride fan but this thing looks incredible.

I think it's more to do with EP's operations than Mack rides themselves (though obviously there is a strong link between the two). Plenty of other parks have Mack coasters, but only EP cram the track with as many trains as possible, then drill the staff to hammer throughputs to the max.

Although saying that, Alpina Blitz was munching through the queue with only one four car train. :p I'd be interested to see what Helix can get.

DiogoJ42 said:
I think it's more to do with EP's operations than Mack rides themselves (though obviously there is a strong link between the two). Plenty of other parks have Mack coasters, but only EP cram the track with as many trains as possible, then drill the staff to hammer throughputs to the max.

Although saying that, Alpina Blitz was munching through the queue with only one four car train. :p I'd be interested to see what Helix can get.

Apologies dude, I was on about EP, theoretical capacity is one thing, actual capacity as we know from THORPE PARK & Nemesis Inferno (Ignore Tom below, he edited my text to make me look bad...and ignore the fact his message shows it's been edited after Toms... ;D) 4 minute 1 train dispatch attempts with restraints open is an entirely different one lol!!

This is what I mean, guests leave EP buzzing and travel from all over to visit & it continually grows, what sensible business would not look at their way of operating/investing/training and think - we will have ourselves some of that? (no need to mention names...)

A lot of EP's rides don't have throughputs much above some of towers rides. With all but Rita and RMT getting over 1000 an hour and Th13teen, Nemesis, Air and Oblivion all over the 1,250 mark. The operations at Towers are not that bad either with only Oblivion not reaching it's achievable (due to idiotic H&S rules that achieve nothing). There is one major difference between Towers and EP though....

... Fast track.

You only have to remember how fast The Smiler queue moved before Fastrack was sold to see how much of an impact it has, even though Towers are one of the more stingy of the Merlin parks when it comes to how many they sell.

TheMan said:
know from THORPE PARK & Nemesis 4 minute 1 train dispatch attempts with restraints open is an entirely different one lol!!

Never, and I mean NEVER, get Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno mixed up again. I am disappointed in you.

And you think I'm joking?

Dave said:
A lot of EP's rides don't have throughputs much above some of towers rides. With all but Rita and RMT getting over 1000 an hour and Th13teen, Nemesis, Air and Oblivion all over the 1,250 mark. The operations at Towers are not that bad either with only Oblivion not reaching it's achievable (due to idiotic H&S rules that achieve nothing). There is one major difference between Towers and EP though....

... Fast track.

You only have to remember how fast The Smiler queue moved before Fastrack was sold to see how much of an impact it has, even though Towers are one of the more stingy of the Merlin parks when it comes to how many they sell.

Towers are pretty good, start of this season on NEMESIS was rather shocking though, hope that's improved...

But anyway, I've succeeded in moving a topic off topic. Apologies. If they built something like Arthur then threw fast track at it (inevitable) it almost would feel like they've <why did they censor a word that's not swearing or even slang? B-stard-ised> it!

Dave said:

... Fast track.

I don't think this really does justice to how much more impressive EP's operations are than Towers as most of the comparisons aren't like-for-like. The most directly comparable coasters are RMT with Alpenexpress and Rita with Blue Fire - in both cases the EP ride achieves almost double the throughput of the AT equivalent.

Europa get the absolute maximum out of rides that (on paper) you wouldn't expect to get extremely high throughput, whereas the likes of Nemesis, Air and Oblivion are high capacity by design. Rita's operations aren't great these days, Thirteen is nothing like what it used to be either and RMT and Oblivion have both been shackled with unnecessarily inefficient loading procedures. Thankfully The Smiler is fairly efficient - even EP probably couldn't do a whole lot better without modifying the ride hardware or station layout.

Fastrack reduces the speed of the queues at Towers, but that's only part of the story.

Rita and Bluefire don't compare as the theoretical throughputs are hugely different, it would be better to compare rides with similar theoretical throughputs than two launch coasters.

RMT couldn't run at the efficiency of AlpenExpress even if they wanted as even a loose interpretation of British H&S wouldn't allow a train dispatch with people still stood up :p

Dave said:
Rita and Bluefire don't compare as the theoretical throughputs are hugely different, it would be better to compare rides with similar theoretical throughputs than two launch coasters.

RMT couldn't run at the efficiency of AlpenExpress even if they wanted as even a loose interpretation of British H&S wouldn't allow a train dispatch with people still stood up :p

I want a go!

The thing is Air can get around 1500, but after talking to staff, it only gets about 1100 now. That's a huge reduction per hour. When compared to EP, its even worse with most of their rides getting over 1200 an hour and some getting over 1500.

You have to bear in mind that a reduction of 100 people per hour over 8hrs is 800 people that were unable to ride that day.

This might sound like AT bashing, but the H&S team need to look at what is good and what actually has no effect on H&S but massively effects throughputs.

Regardless of if we like it or if we believe it to be right or not - health and safety will always come before throughputs. Sometimes it may seem like Towers being mad but equally sometimes these things may be enforced from higher up the food chain so to speak.

Anyway, this is beginning to get fairly off topic as this should be Europa discussion rather than a comparison of different parks throughputs :)

Scott said:
Anyway, this is beginning to get fairly off topic as this should be Europa discussion rather than a comparison of different parks throughputs :)

To be fair, that is normally a commonly discussed topic when at Europa! ;)

Anyway, I am looking forward to riding Arthur in July. I really don't know what to expect from it though. The ride system is clearly going to be top notch but I'm not letting myself get my hopes up for it as an overall experience. Pretty much all of EP's existing dark rides are rather poor. Obviously they are much older rides though so fingers crossed this provides a totally new and exciting ride experience!

:)