• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Re: Europa-Park 2014: Suspended Powered Coaster

What Europa aren't letting on is that this is the final ride ;)

Tim said:
Question:

Would that count as a credit?

The prototype in the factory? Haha! I gues...

The actual ride will, as much as any powered coaster!

:)

AstroDan said:
Tim said:
Question:

Yeah I meant the prototype ;)

but that's a good point, I forgot the credit debate for powered coasters. t's odd to think that both the powered coasters will be next to each other.

Tim said:
AstroDan said:
Tim said:
Question:

Yeah I meant the prototype ;)

but that's a good point, I forgot the credit debate for powered coasters. t's odd to think that both the powered coasters will be next to each other.

I love how EP will have 12 coasters now, so there's plenty of scope for 2 powered coasters! Haha! In all honesty, I am not sure how much emphasis will be placed upon the "rollercoaster" element of this ride...

To me, it's a more exciting/modern version of Dreamflight at Efteling.

Dan...I`m sorry I need to correct you here...but hey...did you forget this thing will have the Blue Fire seats (!)...which will make it awesome and thrilling...even at appr. 5 miles an hour ;D

I know the seats are the same, which is great. But i'm still expecting a sort of 'Dreamflight with speed' attraction.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AstroDan said:
I know the seats are the same, which is great. But i'm still expecting a sort of 'Dreamflight with speed' attraction. :)

Me too...and I would be fine with that :)

Construction Update: 18.2.13

All images from Europa-Park World Fan

Along with a claim that this development represents the single biggest investment in the theme park in its history, there are a few photo's of the ongoing groundwork/foundations for the new attraction which opens in 2014.

copyright.php

copyright.php

copyright.php

I wonder what the budget for this is...!

AstroDan said:
Along with a claim that this development represents the single biggest investment in the theme park in its history, there are a few photo's of the ongoing groundwork/foundations for the new attraction which opens in 2014.

Can you forward this on to The Smiler construction team please? ;)

That sounds crazy though, if this is their biggest budget investment ever? Was Blue Fire a first for Mack at Europa? The only reason I ask is if they are counting the actual technology development as part of the overall cost - hence, how did they work out the price of Blue Fire?

Now, I don't know a huge amount about EP except I want to go! This is quite a statement though surely? Is this not meant to be a family coaster? I mean if you are building and installing the ride yourselves, in your own park, to still out do the other rides for cost, this must be something special they are planning.

I may have a reason to visit Deutschland for work soon (or at least an excuse) - best check how far away from Rust they are ;D

Assuming the ride has a massive themed dark ride section that'll cost top dollar...

And the licensing cost for the Arthur IP as well... Plus a prototype...

Stuff adds up...

Europa Park don't do things by half. If they really mean business with this and I assume they do, this really will be something special.

I don't think it is real.

The final attraction will surely have places where the train stops and starts?

I honestly can't see that being real! For starters the site is large, but not quite that large and the indoor sections looks to be tiny from that video! When in actual fact it will take up a large amount of the ride, with only a small outdoor section?

This was done by Rob from Germany in december...just by looking at the previous plans from above !

So it`s no "insider" layout thingy, the height and banking is just his creation ;)

Greeds...GeorgeT

Look...they putted the drawing of the Artur-The Ride in the actual parkplan already !!!

It looks VERY interesting, doesn`t it ???

563189_536259099729082_1476669815_n.png

Greeds...GeorgeT

(Source : EP fans.ch)

I'm quite excited for this. Dreamflight at Efteling has been one of my favourite dark rides for a few years now so, I'm really excited to see if this will top it.

I love my Trip to Europa Park in 2011, hopefully it will give me an excuse to go in 2014 now to :). When it claims it is a "powered suspended coaster" do they mean it will be like the Runaway Mine train and travel at a constant speed?

In response to the above post:

The ride experience can start right away as this suspended powered coaster doesn‘t need any major lifthill but are able to either run powered through the track or to roll freely downhill. Imagine the great opportunities of this system when creating an amazing ride story.

That's from Mack themselves, talking about the ride system. I'm not sure whether Arthur will do both but, the ride system is certainly capabale of it so I'm guessing it will.