• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Re: Europa-Park 2014: Suspended Powered Coaster

Does anyone know how long Droomvlucht is, since that's what people keep comparing this to?

The length of the ride is fine!!!

Ramius - I was being blind before :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, fair enough, that puts it in perspective.
*gets coat*

So, after visiting Europa-Park last week and checking out the construction of Arthur - it's clearly a very major project. The park have confirmed several things, via the conceptual designer and architect of the new ride - Frederic Pastuszak - in a new Video log. The park are going to be releasing regular video logs of the development of the ride as we move towards opening next year.

The video's main points says:

- Confirmed as Europa-Park's biggest ever investment in a single attraction and this is why ground work started in 2012.
- The site is being dug down by 2metres for the entire surface area in order to achieve the required heights and the dug up ground is being moved to behind the Greek area for 'use in future attractions'.
- The ride has been in planning for over 3 years.
- The building is 120metres in length and 60metres wide.

Video in French - this is the nationality of the designer: clicky

:D

AstroDan said:
- Confirmed as Europa-Park's biggest ever investment in a single attraction and this is why ground work started in 2012

And also this Merlin!

Re: Europa-Park 2014: "Arthur" - Suspended Powered Coaster

Here is a new poster from the www.epfans.com site.

at_g.jpg

Arthur
in the kingdom of the Minimoys

New 2014
The kingdom of the Minimoys
Biggest ever investment in a single attraction
Base area: 3.500 m², indoor volume: 40.000 m³
Shop, restaurant and two other children's attractions
Big slide paradise and much more

Arthur - the attraction
World first from Mack Rides
From 4 years and 100cm hight mobile
Flight through seven fantastic kingdoms
Numerous high tech special effects

Did I see big slide paradise? *Waits for one of us to break a bone whilst using them!*

I have to say that personally I hate the idea, the ride I am sure will be spectacular but I really dislike the IP that Europa Park are using. It isn't a hugely popular film and it looks tacky, something that does not suit Europa Park. I am sure that it will be a spectacle to behold I just dislike what they are doing with it :-(

It's not popular here, but it's really rather popular over in Europe. The park have said that this ride is gift to their French fans, what with it being a Luc Beeson film.

The movies aren't very popular here too, and I'm sure it's unknown in Germany.
Futuroscope already has an attraction based on Arthur.
I agree that this isn't the right thing to do, even if I'm sure the ride will be good.

I don't think Roland Mack really gives a damn if it is a popular franchise or not. As far as I can tell, it's more that they're working with Luc Besson than anything else.

From chris-space.net:

935608_481265658605560_1262172113_n.jpg

"EP 2014:
In addition to the info on the Lake, an extensive Preview Center to Arthur's world awaits you soon! (Translated by Bing)"

The fact that it's not a very well known film makes it the perfect IP for me!

What would you rather have, a well known bluckbuster of an IP which gets shoehorned in so that shareholders can see a decent uplift in gate sales for a couple of seasons, or a lesser known, subtle IP that is planned years in advance and will be perfectly blended into an impeccable well managed park?

If a theme is done well the IP just doesn't matter. I hate Harry Potter, but I thought HP land at IOA was incredible. My knowledge regarding the story, characters etc was very limited but I was still able to appreciate the area. You don't need to know anything about Dr Suess to enjoy Suess Landing, you don't need to have seen Jarassic Park to enjoy River Adventure, you don't need to be a comic fan to enjoy Marvel Island. IOA is a great example of themes where knowing the IP can provide some bonus content for fans, but not knowing it doesn't detract from the guest experience.

I've not seen this film (or whatever it is,) but I expect that I'll walk through EP and go 'O, were in the magically forest pixie land now, cool." It sounds silly but over the years I've learnt that the best way to enjoy a park is to take my enthusiast hat off and enjoy my visits on a much simpler level. I leave all the analysis and nit picking for when I'm back at home in front of the computer. :)

Europa-Park opened yesterday the first preview tent for "Arthur", but it contains no new information for the attraction. :(
It shows only the original model for the movie and how it was made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHNUVXtfVRE#

This video shows the preview tent and also some pictures of the construction site.

Thanks! When will we find out more :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

There will be a second preview tent and it will open 15th may 2013. :cool:

Not sure if this has been posted but Air Timers has a small report on an Arthur Preview Centre with some images of some things you can expect to see here.