• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Re: Europa-Park 2014: Suspended Powered Coaster

Anybody else totally not understand the theme for this ride? Maybe "Arthur" is a much more popular franchise in Germany but if this IP came to Alton or anywhere else in Britain I'd be severely disappointed, it's barely known! :/

Arthur (and the Invisibles) is a VERY popular IP in Europe...

I would imagine the Germans would say the same of a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory IP...

In Germany it is also not well known, but it is very popular in France.
Roland Mack said in an interview that this attraction is a gift for their french guests.

It also fits perfectly with the desired theme if it ends up looking like the image above. I really can't complain if we get something like that, in fact that's how all IP's should be chosen.

Harvey. said:
Anybody else totally not understand the theme for this ride? Maybe "Arthur" is a much more popular franchise in Germany but if this IP came to Alton or anywhere else in Britain I'd be severely disappointed, it's barely known! :/

Yeah, but it's not Britain. And in any case, the direction of Luc Besson in this project is arguably a far greater asset than the IP itself. Besson is almost an IP in himself - a national icon in France, a national hero. One of the great French film directors in a country that is passionate about film.

I suggest everyone watches the film - it's available cheaply. It's not the best you'll ever see, but it's a perfectly passable family film with some major A-list stars doing the voiceovers (Madonna, David Bowie, Snoop Dogg etc.)

As Tim says, the theme fits the Enchanted Forest perfectly, unlike how most IP's either get shoehorned in (Ice Age) or require an entire new park area (Ratatouille).

:)

Ok, time to hang my head in shame. For the last few months it's been bugging me how the hell they intended to turn Arthur into a ride.

250px-Arthurtv_logo.png

I had never seen or heard of 'Arthur and the Invisibles' until I googled it just now.

Now I'm off to hide under a rock for the rest of the evening. :(

The day they build a ride based on that Arthur will be a wonderful kind of day.

On the picture are some nice informations:

We start on the right side with scene 3 "Inside the Caterpillar".
This is followed by scene 4 "The coaster 1".
Then it is scene 6 "Paradise Allee".
The name of scene 7 is unreadable but it looks like a stump.
The name of scene 8 is called "The village".
The name of scene 9 is unreadable.
Then we have scene 10 "The coaster2".

On the left side we can see the freefalltowers.
The restaurant will be near scene 8 "The village".

The following was revealed on a German TV show - it gives more details on the 2014 project!

arthur.jpg

Note:
- Paradise Alley section
- Inside the Caterpillar section
- Village section

The small drop towers are located bottom left, too.

I have to say I am surprised they are using such a strange IP, but it would fit in with the land that they want to create. I personally would travel all the way to Europa Park to experience it because I know how much care and attention they put into their rides!

Is this ride going to be two-story? Or is what we see on that map all we're going to get? Seems a bit short. Where's the station, that straight bit of track on the left there?

Ramius said:
Didn't you look at the last three posts? :eek:

They're different images...? The one Dan posted is much clearer.

I think it looks quite a decent length to be honest. Don't forget that the lines at the bottom extend off the page.

The length of the ride is 650 meters.

The complete hall is not visible on the plan.
On the right side of the caterpillar there will be the station and the scenes one and two.

Ramius said:
The length of the ride is 650 meters.

To put that in simpler terms, it's going to be precisely the length of Rita's almost-clone, Desert Race.

an33h1g00a8ane5i1t2cs4.jpg

If that helps visualise it for anyone. :)

Hmmm. Suddenly it seems rather small. Though I guess at slower speeds it will obviously be a longer ride. I would almost expect the length of the coaster section to be that, without counting the dark ride part.

Well, this will be one part coaster and one park darkride...and because it won`t be that fast ( dont`forget it`s meant to be a "kiddie/family" coaster & darkride mix) how can one say it will be short ?

The average speed won`t be high...so I don`t see a sense in comparing it to something like Desert Race !

I really think 650 meters is a lot of track for that kind of ride.

Greeds George T

Maybe we can compare it with the haunted mansion ride ( "Geisterschloss" ).
That ride is 192 meters long.

The Alpenexpress has a length of 250 meters.