• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

It seems like a lot of people have ridden Arthur yet we really don't know anything. EP really are doing a good job at making sure everyone stays quiet as I'm sure a review could have popped up by now.

:)

I'm wondering exactly when this bleeding thing will open.

No leaked pictures.
No leaked video and/or POV.
No leaked rider reports/details.

The end of spring is this Saturday.

I'm expecting it to open by June 30th now.

Here's hoping...I'm there from 27th -1st July

I'm shocked how much later the ride is opening but the theming looks immense!

Just got back from EP, staff were standing outside in themed uniforms, a private security guy was behind the construction hoarding, by the miniature railway presumably so people couldn't jump off the railway? There was also a member of staff behind the hoarding dropping pretend spiders and objects of the sort from the top of the peepholes, making anyone who was going to look through them jump! A cherry picker was parked just beside the hoarding, indicating they were doing some work high up? Whilst we were on the miniature railway, we did see them testing the ride with water dummies, however.

Forgetting all the delays and everything surrounding this project, it is astounding that almost nothing is known about the bloody ride itself! It's a masterful act of PR to keep people this quiet.

Like the idea of the inside area changing from night to day too.

It's soft opening today!

You either get a ticket in advance via email or from a ticket point in the enchanted forest on the day of your visit.

Today ride open 3-6.30pm.

Brilliant news! Glad to see that they've finally got to a stage where it an be opened. I'd imagine they're hoping for an official opening towards the end of the month. Really can't wait to ride it come the end of July!

EDIT:

From EP's Facebook page:

Europa Park said:
A "public dress rehearsal" for our new attraction ARTHUR is now in the offing – a good sign that you won't have long to wait for the official opening! Please note that we are unable to provide any advance information on the times of these short rehearsals, which will be held over a brief period. There is hence no guarantee that any of you can actually get a ride. But we will inform you as soon as ARTHUR, the most elaborate indoor attraction in the history of Europa-Park, opens to the general public. It won't be long now – we can hardly wait, either!!

10473172_10152149538001440_988264027168619994_n.jpg

Is that photo from today? As if so it would mean that they've taken down the banner on the wall without the vertical garden and left it as a metal wall which would be slightly disappointing considering the high standards that they set.

Last edited:
Oh come on....don`t you guys think it makes sense to wait a littlebit how the outside turns out ? Some things will have to grow, may be changed or some things (deko) may be added....who knows. But I guess we all know that sooner or later that it will be fine, right ? I mean this is Europa Park...

Oh come on....don`t you guys think it makes sense to wait a littlebit how the outside turns out ? Some things will have to grow, may be changed or some things (deko) may be added....who knows. But I guess we all know that sooner or later that it will be fine, right ? I mean this is Europa Park...

All Rob asked was if the banner had been taken down, as that was what the picture suggested. Though as Dan said it's an older picture.

That music jus makes me think of the inevitable "final jouney" from the park entrance back to the hotels on the EP Express, which always makes me feel... *sniff* emotional...

All Rob asked was if the banner had been taken down, as that was what the picture suggested. Though as Dan said it's an older picture.

Indeed. If the banner is still up then that's fine as I'm sure they will come back and do something more permanent with the wall next year. It would have been conerning if they'd left what would effectively be a metal warehouse wall that is on full display completely bare, and if any other park had done it, especially a Merlin park, there would be uproar. But it doesn't seem like this is the case so all is fine!

Based on the POV, which I haven't the link for I would say that Arthur can be summarised as "a step up from other German dark rides whilst remaining, due to vastly inferior budgets, behind the levels of Disney and Universal".

There's elements of Wuze Town in there and the use of lighting and music is magic.

The train passes some scenes a little quickly, but the outdoor coaster elements look a little quicker than I had expected.

Overall, looking like a solid and magical addition to EP whilst not competing with the behemoths.

Looking forward to riding and visiting the area for real!

Last edited:
I think they're in the process of cladding parts of the exterior with a brown wood effect finish. Looks like it anyway.

It looks alright, but I think it's going to suffer from a case of people thinking it's a new coaster instead of the family dark ride it is.

Saying that, some of the scenes do look a bit off, with the walls of the warehouse showing through. Time will tell though.

Are EP aware that twice during the Paradise Alley scene, the n-word is loudly heard during a clip of Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre's 'Still D.R.E.'? :eek:

Haha!

I think the wider themed area looks fantastic - the lighting!

I want to sit at Jack's Deli and watch the world go by.

It looks amazing in places, the outside sections look to have a decent thrill element and inside over the atrium area too!

I just find myself judging this against what I hear about Disney/Universal dark rides - and I am not sure it lives up to that standard. The transit system is pretty clever though and looks really cool. I found myself confused and disappointed by some of it, and other points thinking WOW and smiling.

I think the comparisons in my mind that I am making though is more a credit to the standards Europa set, rather than a criticism because if they built this at Towers we all know our jaws would hit the floor!