• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Woo for Smiler T-shirt. That's now appeared in europa and PA official videos!

Wonder where else it'll appear ;).

Good video though - looking forward to my visit!

So, Arthur - where to begin! To sum it up, I'd say it was a decent dark ride. Not stunning, but in no means terrible. Unlike Rob, I'd say the POVs do do the ride justice, as I don't think the actual experience is too far away from it in all honesty.

Now my first ride had no onboard audio at all, which made for a beyond disappointing ride. Fortunately I managed to get a good 3 or 4 rides following this complete with audio. As most will have seen, all three rows move at different times throughout the ride, meaning each row gives you a slightly different experience. Although great in theory, there are some positions where because of this you'll miss out on some of the more substantial elements of theming, or they'll pass you by all too quickly. Paradise Alley is an example where I found a lot of the theming was missed on certain seats on the ride, along with the final scene before heading outside for one last time.

Speaking of the outdoor section, this ride system is brilliant for both this and the fly around the atrium area. A decent amount of speed, which varies along the track means its fairly thrilling considering the type of ride that it is. The station is stunning too, with the nice touches from the symbols that have been mentioned by others. The indoor section of the queue line is a little tedious though, but I guess that's personal preference more than anything as I find the same with Wodan's indoor areas and Winjas. Indoor queues are great to walk through, but not to stand around in for lengthy periods of time.

At the moment, I just feel the ride is lacking in some parts. It's good fun, and still re-rideable so I don't want to put anyone off, but I left feeling like there was something missing. The scenes in general are great, but parts still need a little extra for me really. Also, the mist effects which are heavily used in the first part of the ride seemed to be working less and less throughout the 4 days that we were on park, so I hope this issue is fixed too. Ride system aside, maybe I built the actual scenes inside the ride to be a little more advanced than what they are. Perhaps we'll see some further work on it in the coming years once the issues with the ride system are hammered out.

Overall, it's a solid 7 for me at the moment, we'll see what the coming months and years bring in way of potential improvements.

If you look back at the older video blogs, you can see Frederic visibly age during the construction of this cursed ride.

I'll post my views too, then!

I think it's fair to say that after my first experience of Arthur, I was somewhat downbeat as a 2 hour queue and frequent breakdowns, along with an empty atrium when flying over mid-ride left me feeling a little cold - however having now experienced it 7 or 8 times, I have warmed to it quite nicely.

First, the immediate impressions. The exterior is very pleasant and, although parts of the building aren't yet covered by greenery, the benches, flower arrangements and theming works well.

Inside, although perhaps smaller than I had imagined, the atrium is beautiful with wonderful audio. The carousel and tower rides lie to the left and the deli is in front. Slides, a mini cinema and play area offer things to do for younger guests. Toilets and a boutique round off the experience.

The entrance to Arthur is fairly understated off to the right. The queue line has around 30 minutes inside plus up to an additional 60 outside. It's well themed mostly with accompanying music. Video screens introduce you to Arthur's world. Throughput at the moment is under theoretical with only around 800pph passing through on 6 trains. Hopefully this will rise to around 1100pph long term which, in truth, will probably be sufficient. Single Rider works very well.

The station is lovely. Nicely decorated with detailed touches. Staff are uniformed and professional.

The ride theming is solid if a little less "wow" than perhaps we'd have liked. Paradise Alley, the Rat and atrium flyover were my highlights. Some scenes rush you and feel as though you've not time to properly appreciate the theming. On board audio links everything together nicely. The ride hardware is second to none. Mack have yet again developed a comfortable, innovative and technically impressive system which has no end of tricks up its sleeve.

The whole project has come in at £15.6m. Let's be blunt here - that's not a lot for such a massive project and I actually think they've made their money go a long way. It's cost less than 2 Charlie's...

I would hope Europa-Park seek to improve some parts of the ride (first section between house/video and taxi corridor) and the Malthazard scene which feels rushed.

Overall 7/10 with hope that this could rise in future.

Last edited:
1546361_718936811505109_4074332119231752106_n.jpg

The Magic Cinema 4D has new screens outside advertising the evening's showings. :)

10487388_779888222032834_4807415506810775324_n.jpg

The park have built a (temporary) sand sculpture to commemorate Arthur. (epfans.ch)

Horror Nights 2014: 26th September to 1st November

Shockingly, it's almost that time of year again! And infact... preparation has already started - with both marquees already set up behind Poseidon (I saw them last week whilst atop Euro-Mir).

Ticket prices for 2014 are similar to last year, with €14 (£11.20), €21 (£16.80) and €25 (£20) the rates depending on your choice of date. The event runs every Friday and Saturday with additional openings on 24th September (preview night), 2nd October and daily from 27th to 30th October during "Hell Week". Vampire Club remains on selected evenings and is priced at an additional €7 (£5.60) per person, running from 11pm until the early hours. Further information on the parks wider Halloween event, including the return of DJ Bobo is due in a few weeks time.

As usual, some attractions are renewed fully whilst some stay. So far, the park have confirmed only some of the final attractions with 4 now having logo's and a brief plot outline. If you haven't seen the first promo trailer either, then check it out:

NIGHTGRABBER FOREST (Scare Zone)
10297551_648577015220301_6653188350471656196_n.jpg

They are everywhere and can be everything. The Nightgrabber. Time they stumble loud rustling and rumbling through the jungle, sometimes they sneak quietly and unnoticed until they can hunt their prey. An escape is impossible here.

LABOR (Maze)
10401397_646673962077273_4453098733093178634_n.jpg

Can zombies be made manageable? In the laboratory, scientists are trying to find out exactly that. An army should be created that is unparalleled. But the theory is implemented in practice? Find out!

NIGHTMARE (Maze)
10520673_651766121568057_2946475209753645937_n.jpg

In "Nightmare" the potential victims through a nightmare in which them is always the Nightgrabber on his heels. Behind every being the hellish demon can hide. This nightmare never ends. He begins 2014 only!

END OF DAYS (Scare Zone)
10556338_655426437868692_751520706224970149_n.jpg

Apocalyptic mood. Dark silhouettes toddle awkward between cars and scrap in the purest destruction. Each spark can mean the end. This path leads straight to hell.

The second official Horror Nights trailer:

This is looking very good! Can't wait to experience it for the first time later this year!

:)

Good news for media collectors: the soundtrack for the Europa-Park Historama has just been released on iTunes. You can get it here for £3.49. I'm sure AstroDan will be rushing to download this - it's his favourite attraction in the park! :)

I've bought a copy because I'm a sucker and I'd jump off a cliff if Roland told me to.

Loving the prospect of being able to re-live the Historama at home! :D

Reactions: Sam
Wow!! On a week day as well (albeit holidays), quite incredible.

Wow!! On a week day as well (albeit holidays), quite incredible.

During the holidays most Theme Parks have there busiest days on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's because most guests assume the weekends will be rammed so try and pick the two supposedly quite days of the week, as such they end up being the busiest :p

Still nearly 50K is quite an achievement.

Excellent and timely article in the Zeitung criticising EP for their partnership with evil state-owned Russian energy giant Gazprom, who have been linked to some of the recent atrocities committed in Ukraine.

Since 2007, Gazprom, the Russian state-controlled world's largest gas companies and with 40 percent market share of Germany's largest supplier, main and shirt sponsor of Schalke 04 Since 2009, Europa-Park is sponsored. The contract ends this year, but will probably be extended. We have a reliable, trustworthy and constructive partnership, sharing both sides. From the Berlin headquarters of Gazprom Germania is talk of "excellent discussions" in terms of contract extension. On Saturday rose in Rust once again the Gazprom-adventure. "We want visitors to give pleasure and not a political statement set," it says on the part of the Europa Park.

Sadly, it sounds like the contract between Gazprom and EP will be extended. Apparently idealogical values are not always as important as tangible ones.

In surprising but not exactly shocking news, Looopings reports that Frederic, the French architect behind Wodan and Arthur, has been fired.

Whereas the problems that have beset Arthur might not be too unusual at other parks, they are pretty much unprecedented at EP. It's sad, but the Macks must have had their reasons.

The Macks obviously are not happy to have taken this action. I do think that article is rather harsh on Arthur though.

Edit: think I misinterpreted this, he's actually just painting a mural on this wall. :)

ppZLvty.jpg

Last edited:
It has been a while since this video was posted and I suspect some have never seen it, so here:

Europa-Park have confirmed that both Wodan and Arthur will be open this winter season!

Fantastic news.

A few little bits and pieces from Rust.

gHktFJ2.jpg

Work continues on the mural near EuroSat.

XvEr1E2.jpg

iYlE9zt.jpg

vrOWWKp.jpg

Work continues on the addition of cameras to Pegasus, in preparation for the launch of an on-ride video service for the ride. This will be the third ride at EP to offer this service, after EuroMir and the Wichtelhausen ride in the Enchanted Forest.

MUug0cR.jpg

7A0gKaQ.jpg

New theming has been added to the RC boats in England.

If you're at the park during September, be sure to enter this selfie competition to win a holiday for four people staying in Bell Rock, or free tickets to the park.

The park have also apparently added a new digital queue time display to the entrance of the Arthur area at the railway crossing. This will save guests having to cross the bridge from the entrance to check out the queue time.

Last but not least, the park have become the first entity in the Baden-Württemberg area to receive the Sustainability Seal from the German Ministry of Rural Affairs and Consumer Protection, in recognition of their use of locally sourced produce in their eateries. :)