• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Strange that they seem to be adding on ride video to a ride like that, which is rather slow and dull (compared to a big coaster) Wodan had it when it opened, yet this seemed to have been removed on my last visit, with no cameras on the trains and the TV screens had gone in the shop.

Right you are, they do have it on Blue Fire. :)

Strange that they seem to be adding on ride video to a ride like that, which is rather slow and dull (compared to a big coaster)

It's because parents want to buy videos of their little 'uns on the rides. It's a bigger money-spinner than having it on thrill rides. :)

Horror Nights 2014: 3 weeks to go!

The final updated list of attractions for HN 2014 has been released and it's fair to say that nearly every attraction is either new or altered from last year! As usual, mazes are given a scare rating. Here's the final line up:

MAZES

logo-nightmare.jpg

logo-werwolf.jpg

logo-labor.jpg

logo-dead_inside.jpg

logo-the_crypt.jpg

SCARE ZONES

logo-nightgrabber_forest.jpg

logo-end_of_days.jpg

logo_zombie_arrival_platform.jpg

SHOW - Horror on Ice
RIDES - Pegasus, Kassandra, Matterhorn-Blitz

Astounding and wonderful news.

Cedar Point amassed 16% but Europa-Park smashed them with 25% of the best park votes!

Truly - a wonderful achievement this year!

:D

Confirmation from Pierre that Arthur is now running with 7 trains!

Great to see that Mack appear to have got it working properly!

:)

Arthur was running perfectly yesterday. The park was not too busy with 40minutes queueline for both Wodan and bluefire. From what I saw Arthur never had more than 50minutes.
It was running 7 trains, with a good throughput and absolutely all effect working. They also added some theming. Nothing big but still improving the experience.
We rode it in the dark at the end of the day, with 20minutes waiting time and I have to say the outdoor part is amazing by dark.

I'm sure a couple of others will have had these vouchers through the letterbox...

Y7eVtP2.jpg

BKSSIj6.jpg

Anyone care to translate? I'm sure it'll be just very minor savings, as per usual. :p

Yeah, I got one of those today. I would assume it's half price off a film at the cinema, discounted massage at the Colosseo spa, and half price entry to Vampire Club?

Since I won't be able to make it to Horror Nights this year, if anyone wants my vouchers, give me a shout and they are yours. ;)

EDIT: you sure you don't want to edit out your address from that first image, Sam?

Last edited:
The vouchers aren't for anything major

- 50% discount into a gastronomy festival in Freiburg
- 50% off a ticket to the Magic Cinema
- 50% off entry to Horror Nights premier night only
- Discounted massage

:)

Eh, 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering I can't read German. (I saw a word instarting with V, there was a P in it, and it was in red text, so I assumed "vampire") :p

Horror Nights: 2014 map released!

The map for the 2014 event has been revealed by Europa-Park and it has thrown up a few suprises...

- Matterhorn Blitz is now open as a rollercoaster, rather than as the final part to a maze.
- No maze/haunt attraction is located in the Matterhorn Blitz queue line
- An additional maze location will be off park next to the main arena
- A new stage will be set up within the main arena
- The 2014 'Horror on Ice' show goes under the name of 'Hellfire'

map_hn14.jpg

I've just got back from a first visit to the park in over 6 years and thought I'd share a few brief comments, but not enough that warrants a topic.

I can't praise the park enough for how well it is run, obviously you've got the incredibly detailed theming and a vast selection of terrific rides, but the way the park is run makes it that much better. Always always guest satisfaction is the priority and it shows. The staff are fantastic whether it be throughputs or service, the park is spotlessly clean, the food is actually nice and great value, every effect is working (well almost, not the pulse monitors on Blue Fire), and of course the reliability was virtually 100%. My only slight complaint is about the amount of smoking in queue lines, however I think this is a culture thing anyway.

I'm not sure entirely how Europa compares to Disney in terms of prices when it comes to tickets and hotels and the overall package, but I know that the former is much better value.

Onto rides, 2008 was my last visit meaning it was my first time riding Blue Fire, Wodan and Arthur. Blue Fire I had very high hopes for given how much praise it has received. I may have been expecting too much as it didn't blow me away. Whilst it's a terrific ride, I feel as though it just fades slightly towards the end and the final inversion doesn't actually do a lot for me.

Wodan however did take me by surprise. We took advantage of the last hour on park for free and because the queue for it was so short, we were queuing up the single rider entrance meaning I never saw a train actually complete the circuit before going on it. The speed it maintains throughout is absolutely fantastic, I absolutely love the first drop and the section from the drop down into the tunnel before exiting the station. The queue line is themed incredibly as well.

Arthur I was not expecting a huge amount, but as far as family rides go, it is excellent. The detail of the theming blew me away and the technology behind the ride is very exciting.

I will visit Europa Park again, those cocktails in Hotel Colosseo are worth going back for alone, but as someone who prefers thrills and intense rides, I can't put Europa Park as my favourite park however, I can appreciate why people do. If I were a father and was thinking of taking my kids to a European theme park outside of the UK, it would certainly be Europa Park and not Disneyland Paris.

Team Edit: Moved to EP 2014 topic from 2015 topic :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have those ghastly doors been removed yet? I'm concerned though that they'll be left due to worries over crowds on the railway...