• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

The doors where there on sunday. As the ride is to be officialy opened this Thursday I expect them to be gone for my next visit.

Exceptional 30 minute documentary following the construction of Arthur - from the trains to the animatronics to the scenery to the track. As much as the ride may not be the best in Europe (which we were all secretly hoping for!!), it's amazing when the lead architect (Francois) stands in the station near the start of the programme and you consider how it looks now... just wow!

The video is in German, but to be honest - it's the images and video that do the talking here. There's plenty of footage from the construction site, Mack Rides themselves and much more! I particularly love the tea cups which are sitting at Mack Rides factory, the shells of the Mack Mega Coaster train being put into production (note the Sochi Park label!) and more!

It's also something to see how delayed they were... the first train goes round and its March! Oops!

A must for any Europa-Park, Mack rides, rollercoaster or dark ride fan! Genuinely, amazing video!

A couple of things I understood
- He talks about the compromises needed in terms of scenery/design because the park haven't got €50m to spend.
- They state that 7 ride vehicles can run at once, but 9 are seen on the tracking system all moving at once.

:)

Last edited:
Winter Season: Prices 2014/15

Europa-Park
have confirmed the winter season ticket prices. The park is open daily from 22nd November 2014 until 11th January 2015 from 11:00am until 7:00pm at the earliest.

Ticket prices as follows:

Adult 1 day: €35 (£28)
Adult 2 day: €60 (£48)

Child/senior 1 day: €30 (£24)
Child/senior 2 day: €51 (£40.80)

Annual Pass adult: €165 (£132)
Annual Pass senior: €147 (£119)
Annual Pass child: €141 (£113)

Parking: €5 (£4)

I know it's winter season but it's got most rides open and two days at Europa is cheaper than one day at towers

Brilliant video there. Scary to think what they might have been able to do with a bigger budget.

It's amazing seeing the whole site just as bare concrete, you would never guess it was all there hidden away.

This was my favourite bit.

oy6ncqy.jpg

Maybe they need to spend less time looking at scantily-clad women and more time making better animatronics! :p

The video makes you appreciate just how much goes into a dark ride of this scale...

The craftsmanship, technical achievements, designers - everything. It's quite something.

Another thing that the video made me think, can you ever imagine Merlin undertaking a similar project? Sadly the answer is no.

Even though I couldn't understnad exactly what people were saying you got the impression that the crafts men and women really had a passion and took great care and pride in what they were creating.

Euro Mir somehow made it to number 42 on the list of the top 50 steel coasters! Erm!?

The GTA coaster lists are irrelevant and it annoys me that forums (TPR especially) spend more time debating their worthlessness whilst ignoring the other categories..

The coaster lists have been absurd for years. The fact the voting system is so unfair in the way that panel members actually choose coasters and the fact that the vast majority are American leads to such inaccuracies.

Its a Swiss tv Sam. ;-)
I just watched the interview. Roland didn't say anything special but here are a few points I noticed.

As we all know he grew up with mack rides, and he says as a child he was what you would describe today as a Parkfan. For example He mentions that he had rollercoaster posters in his bedroom.

He also says that Arthur opening was due only to technical difficulties, when the theming was finished. If I understood correctly he says that Arthur is designed to run with 8 trains, but that they are only 7 at the moment. Also a train weights 12 tons, and if I'm correct that is more than a bluefire train!

It's actually way less glitzy than usual, presumably a bit more low key due to the various events and glitches the ride has seen. At least it's now 'officially' open (even though it's been open since June).

Nice to see Luc Besson flashing an Illuminati eye triangle at the start there.

.... Sorry, wrong topic...

The number of tracks gets less and less each year; although I must say they do now have the back catalogue going back to 2007 so they don't need as many new tracks.