• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Family Developments

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I can't see Towers ever getting The Simpsons due to Universal already having them, which means Towers has to at least live up to their standards. Also, given the current drama with Fox and The Simpsons I can't see them going out as an IP for a while, personally.

Narnia could be incredible though! It's a really very British thing when you think about the context of it, and would fit in well at the park. That could be a great IP if they could get it :)

Ahhhh, now Narnia, that could potentially be amazing, and much much more suited to the target market of families. There was set to be another Narnia film too, well there still is, but it could be on hold for quite a while, nothing to stop Towers getting the rights to it though!

You could make a fantastic new themed area from it though, with loads of different sub areas within it, such as 'The Western Woods' with the Lamp-Post, 'The Witches Castle' and 'The Stone Table'. I can see it now, the Lamp-Post to replace the book worm, it could be, dare I say it, truly magical!

NarniaMap_fullsize.jpg

Just looking at that map, you really could go all out with it down that entire side of the park really, would be a great new area and unlike all the other IP based areas in the country so far, it would be truly unique and the first to not be based on cartoons and kids TV. Which would mean it was not only serving the target audience, but open it up to the wider park market too! :D

I'm not a fan of Narnia but I can't help but think it would be amazing for the park to have it as an IP for the foreseeable future. It feels British, it is popular and it would allow for very immersive theming. I also think that it would fit fantastically for a tie in with the resort expansion as the plans for the new lodges would tie in very neatly indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Narnia would be a great addition to the park.
It seems to fit into the natural landscape perfectly.

Failing that, what about Fantastic Mr Fox or a similar story of some sort?
It's unique, fits the landscape, is perfect for children and a film was recently made.

There are multiple opportunities, and we could even just see Alton's own fantasy forest!

Narnia really does have potential especially if they plan to merge Adventure Land, Story Book Land and The Farm Yard. Just think about how big that area could be! They could potentially make it like Harry Potter land! Especially if they have some animatronics but they could be quite pricey. Depending if Fox gives them money towards the land it could be really good if it happened!

I'd much prefer an expansion of Storybook Land for 2014, really. They could use the Adventure Land, the Ice Show Tent and take the Dung Heap as well. I think the area could really be stunning if Squirrel Nutty and the theming was done up for 2014 along with a new show in the tent, a new kids coaster for the Dung Heap site, a retheme of Sonic Spinball and a new flat ride or play area where the Beastie was.

Storybook Land could essentially be everything in Shrek anyway, so why fork-out for the IP when you can have the same characters and more for free (I think :p )? They could have a mixture of fairy tales and nursery rhymes merging to create a really beautiful area that younger children will love and their parents will enjoy too.

They could use The Three Little Pigs, Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, Rumpelstiltskin, Three Billy Goats Gruff, Puss in Boots, The Ugly Duckling, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Ugly Duckling and There was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe (purely because they could build a huge shoe :p ) for their attractions, etc...

I'd just be really sad at the loss of the entrance from Towers Street into Storybook Land and the buildings for Squirrel Nutty and the Ice Show tent. It's all really magical and it'd be a shame not to incorporate them into a new area or just expand/improve what's already there.

I like the Narnia idea, but as has already been mentioned, Disney/Fox/whoever already have the rights to that.

Towers2014.jpg

The area really would be huge if they merged them all together, you could fit some great rides and experiences in there!

However, unlike Thomas Land/Nickland/Peppa Pig World, where it is literally just an area filled with small kids filler type flat rides, all be it well themed ones, I would like to see something different from a Narnia themed area. One thing I can see working really well would be something like Europa's 'Enchanted Forest' or Eftelings 'Fairytale Forest'. With lots of small buildings with interactive push button type displays and mini cinema type attractions. But obviously combined with some small rides, a new family coaster and maybe even a dark ride ;)

Okay, I need to stop getting carried away with this now! :p

I would like to see this area to be focused upon a themed Forrest

josht said:
I would like to see this area to be focused upon a themed Forrest

It'd probably be advisable if they made the current "themed forest" actually look even vaguely like a forest before thinking about trying another one ;)

The Psychoaster said:
BigAl said:
Gloomy Wood or Dark Forest? Take your pick! :p

I think we all know to which one I was referring to. And that one doesn't have Duel :p
Sorry, it was a response to Josh but you got yours in first! :p But I quite agree with what you're saying! :L

I've been thinking more about Narnia, and the sheer amount of space they have to fill there if this was to go ahead. I can see so much potential for all of this now.

Heck, there'd even be enough of a tie in to bring back the ice show! Build a new show venue set a bit further back than the current tent, and design it to look like the ice palace. Then have an ice show inside of it. Like Sammy suggested, they could have the lamp post where the bookworm is now. You could even theme one of the archways into the area under Squirrel Nutty to look like a giant wardrobe if you wanted. Build the shell, then hang some tattered black fabric from inside it to slightly obsuce the view. Walk in and you're stood at the lamp post, just like in The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. It'd be an amazing opening for the area, and create a really magical feeling for families.

With all the space, a Mack YoungStar could work great. With some minor alterations the train design would fit perfectly. It's already not a million miles off. Could easily be altered to look like this.
the-chronicles-of-narnia-the-lion-the-witch-and-the-wardrobe-12.jpg

The passageway under Nutty's station could have some new cladding put in to resemble this:
disney's%3A-chronicles-of-narnia_wallpapers_17175_1024x768.jpg

At winter the area would be so huge, that you'd virtually have a quater of the park open! How beautiful would that area be, all covered in snow <3

Riverbank changed to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader:
220px-Dawn_treader.jpg

There's so much potential in this! If Towers can secure the IP from Fox and pipe some serious money into this it'll be incredible :D

Not Narnia, please! I don't think I could cope with so much think veiled Christian preaching in a theme park without going to the Holy Land Experience in Florida!

I think Narnia would be a bit too adult like for a childrens theme. Thomas, Nick and peppa pig are are aimed at young children, and all the current rides in the farm/storybook land are aimed at young children.

If Charlie and the Chocolate Factory wasn't already in the position it is I'd love to see the Adventure Land, Story Book Land and The Farm Yard area combine and become a Roald Dahl area.

To do an area based on a film and make it successful it would cost mega millions. Secondly these areas are children areas apart from Spinball. For me if they are getting rethemed and area based on tree fu tom would be a massive success and fit in with magic

Sammy said:
However, unlike Thomas Land/Nickland/Peppa Pig World, where it is literally just an area filled with small kids filler type flat rides, all be it well themed ones, I would like to see something different from a Narnia themed area. One thing I can see working really well would be something like Europa's 'Enchanted Forest' or Eftelings 'Fairytale Forest'. With lots of small buildings with interactive push button type displays and mini cinema type attractions. But obviously combined with some small rides, a new family coaster and maybe even a dark ride ;)

Okay, I need to stop getting carried away with this now! :p

Erm Sundown already have a Yellow Brick road and Storybook Village with little interactive houses.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.