• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

Not very. Early season is never rammed.

You know me though... quite happy with a medium busy EP! Atmosphere, more entertainment, extended opening and better operations.

I'd really not agonise.

I'm not a huge TripAdvisor fan but in their 2015 Travellers' Choice awards they have a ranking of the top 25 hotels in Germany for families. Here are where EP's rank:

Hotel El Andaluz: #1
Hotel Bell Rock: #2
Hotel Colosseo: #3
Hotel Santa Isabel: #6
Hotel Castillo Alcazar: #7

That is pretty good going!

:)

8a6c59b4d0027ddf8108e9dd67ca48ad.jpg

Nothing to do with 2015 but this is amazing

Europa Park have released a new promo image for the new 4D film, confirming the name; Das Zeitkarussell

1962651_10152600176726440_4123753653466146705_n.jpg

Possibly the most exciting theme park 'addition' in Europe this year! :p

I like it. It looks high quality.

You might not have noticed but the globe/wagon standing on top of the carousel is the Mack company logo from way back when!

:)

Europa yet again prove why they're at the top of the industry! :)
Is the remodelled entrance in the same spot as the old hotel one (when you're coming from the direction of Bell Rock?)

That promotional image is absolutely stunning!

Is the remodelled entrance in the same spot as the old hotel one (when you're coming from the direction of Bell Rock?)

Nope, it's new because the old one was too small. It's going to be in the area between Columbus Jolly and Feria Swing I think, or near there anyway. Where the playground with the yellow canvas is.

Will this be open for the start of the season?

Yes, it will open on March 28th.

Everything aside from the redeveloped Whale Adventures should be open from the start of the season. Whale Adventures re-opens in June as they are changing part of it to a dark ride.

Also, the image below is of further digging in the car parks. Are they adding some kind of improved pathway between the travelator and the Camp Resort?

1503316_787036748039109_2109843144188771729_n.jpg

Looks too narrow to be a path. At that odd angle, it's probably a trench for some kind of utility feed.

Family video from a 1991 trip to Europa-Park.

- Old park entrance shown (start of film, you may notice that this building is still there but at the top of Deutsch Allee)
- Fair portion of Geisterschloss POV footage (ride looks massively different but it gives an indication as to what Wicked Witches Haunt may have been like at Thorpe Park)
- Lots of park footage (the changes... wow)
- Piraten in Batavia footage
- Fjord Rafting footage (looks so bare in places!)
- Dolphin show footage + Charle Chaplin warm up (his tricks never get old)

You may wish to skip some of the Dolphin show as it is quite long.

10911483_10152938096325862_6333578739347403006_o.jpg

Not sure where it's from originally, but that's just grant. Indoor queue!

Much nicer than the current queue.

I actually like the Euro-Tower, so in a way I'm looking forward to this upgrade :)