• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

Read page 5 of topic - get all excited over EP being open for 24 hours and decide that you are 100% going.

Click to view page 6 - hopes drained immediately!

:)

For the record, I emailed the main info at EP, they didn't seem to know and passed me to another department lol!!

This was before so many of our hopes were so epically dashed.

I still say that Nick Varney took over translation duties as retribution for our constant rebukes - here's the exact phrasing copied from the EP site (bear in mind, none of us translated from German to UK, it's how it appears ON THE WEBSITE)

11/07/2015 (Saturday): The magnificent anniversary party with 24-hour opening, a fantastic fireworks show and live bands.

As does this lol:

This event is free for all visitors!

Europa don't seem to do English translations very well, to the point where it's like they just stick it in Google translate and hope for the best. I suppose it isn't much of an issue as most of their guests speak French or German.

Europa don't seem to do English translations very well, to the point where it's like they just stick it in Google translate and hope for the best. I suppose it isn't much of an issue as most of their guests speak French or German.

In contrast to when you actually visit the hotels, and some of the staff members speak more fluent English than the majority of English people! ;)

They can't do a 24-hour opening, even if they wanted to (which I doubt they would). They have an agreement with the residents of Rust to close by a certain time each night (9:30 max) with one midnight allowed per year.

They can't do a 24-hour opening, even if they wanted to (which I doubt they would). They have an agreement with the residents of Rust to close by a certain time each night (9:30 max) with one midnight allowed per year.

They wont notice, they'll all be asleep!

Its quite funny that everyone was looking forward to 24 hour opening and then when its Midnight opening most people seem a bit upset. Imagine if we had a midnight opening of a theme park in the UK, we would be amazed!

Would love to do the midnight opening at Europa, as I am yet to visit the park during the summer, but would depend how easy and cheap it is to get to EP for the weekend only, otherwise its using up holiday for me.

Midnight opening at EP last year was incredible, I would recommend it to anyone. It's worth going just because Santa Marian is open, lovely sitting in there having a couple of drinks!

:)

Just a to let people know, you can currently do a trip to the midnight opening really cheap - there are still majorly affordable accommodation options available in Rust (for example, I've booked a four person apartment for £385, which works out as less than £100 pp for five nights), and the flights are also diet cheap to Basel. If you already have the AP, or are planning on getting one for Horror Nights/New Year, I can recommend this to be an amazingly cheap trip for what is probably one of the best times of year to visit. The atmosphere on park that day is incredible (even if the weather wasn't last year) and I highly advise doing it!

If people are looking to do Midnight opening, I'd suggest chucking a topic up in the trip planning for too. Saves this topic getting clogged up, and would be handy to have a dedicated place for people to see who's going :).

I also worry I'll miss certain things I didn't even know were there lol! Hopefully I should be bit more familiarised by day 3.