• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

Same pricing as Splash Landings on the random dates I looked at, which is about what is expect. Similar sleeping arrangements to Chessington's Azteca with a pull out bed under the bunks.
Other thing of note was that the Lodge package only includes continental breakfast.

Interesting that the prices are identical to Splash Landings at the minute - I expected there to be a clear three tiers rather than two the same and ATH above.

Maybe there will be a pricing restructure later in the year. They're probably expecting an initial hype with bookings at the moment so will make changes later on when things have quietened down.

Prices at the moment seem pretty decent for Alton Towers and around the price I expected.

To be honest the lodges do look good and there's going to be a 3 rd hotel bar

Just priced up a 2 night break for 2 adults, Fri - Sun in the middle of June:

ATH : £423 with full breakfast
Splash : £387 with full breakfast
Enchanted : £378 with continental breakfast

Hmm.... not much of an incentive there for me to stay in the Enchanted Village is there.... I wonder if the breakfasts will be the sort of continental breakfast packs in the room like you get in some cheap hotels - and whats to stop me strolling into ATH or Splash for a full cooked breakfast.....

Just priced up a 2 night break for 2 adults, Fri - Sun in the middle of June:

ATH : £423 with full breakfast
Splash : £387 with full breakfast
Enchanted : £378 with continental breakfast

Hmm.... not much of an incentive there for me to stay in the Enchanted Village is there.... I wonder if the breakfasts will be the sort of continental breakfast packs in the room like you get in some cheap hotels - and whats to stop me strolling into ATH or Splash for a full cooked breakfast.....

They usually check you check-in card at the restaurant entrance to be sure that you are entitled to breakfast. I guess if you go over to ATH and you don't have it then you will have to pay extra for breakfast.

As they have a restaurant at the lodges I expect the breakfast to be served in the restaurant. Looking at the plans for the restaurant it doesn't show any buffet cabinets so this could be the reason they aren't offering hot breakfast. Seems odd though, how many guests won't notice and then are surprised when thy don't get a full breakfast?

Not having the option of a full english breakfast seems strange to me. I'm guessing it is to do with the lack of somewhere to serve it in the restaurant but they are still going to need areas to serve the continental breakfast. Poor in my opinion, and a slight put off. No doubt there is a cost saving involved also.

:)

It's obviously cost saving, they have the facilities to offer a cooked breakfast, why not offer it? At the moment you only have to pay a little extra to stay in a hotel and get cooked food. I suppose it depends how much you value cooked food in the morning. Probably won't bother most guests.

They usually check you check-in card at the restaurant entrance to be sure that you are entitled to breakfast. I guess if you go over to ATH and you don't have it then you will have to pay extra for breakfast.

They're very hit or miss with checking cards. I've found it changes every few months and they make it up as they go along. Maybe with the lodges offering a different type of breakfast we will see it more heavily enforced though.

if you want a cooked breakfast and stay in a lodge. Take a Campingas Bistro Camping stove, mess tins with eggs bacon, a bit of oil and bread, then you have a egg and bacon butty breakfast. ( please note this is to be done outside the lodge) ;)

I'm surprised they didnt put Self Catering facilities in the lodges actually to really make it a budget option for staying in the resort. That, coupled with a cheaper accomodation cost would have definately attracted more families to stay there throughout the year.

If the new restaurant is going to be so limited in that it cannot serve up a hot breakfast in the mornings, this will no doubt put extra strain on the existing restaurants as, with most times I have been there, the staff were not checking room cards for breakfast. In addition, if facilities in the new restaurant are this limited, the evening choices may be poor, again resulting in more people heading into the hotels for food.

I hope they do something about the entertainment next year as well. Its average to say the least and at peak times, there are large queues in ATH to get to the bar (since they only open the one) and hardly any seats left.

Food offerings have yet to be confirmed according to the person on the phone. The only reason it says Continental is to show that you get breakfast included. Chances are it'll be fully cooked as they have a restaurant available.

Perhaps they could be offering breakfast the way that Sequoia Lodge did at DLP when I was there? An inclusive continental breakfast (Meats, cheese, bread, pastries, juices, yoghurt, cereals, toast, etc), with the option to have a hot, cooked breakfast for a extra charge. I imagine it would be an easy way to ease the strain on service first thing in the morning, as I imagine there would be some guests who just want cereal, toast, a glass of juice, and then to hit the park.

Perhaps they could be offering breakfast the way that Sequoia Lodge did at DLP when I was there? An inclusive continental breakfast (Meats, cheese, bread, pastries, juices, yoghurt, cereals, toast, etc), with the option to have a hot, cooked breakfast for a extra charge. I imagine it would be an easy way to ease the strain on service first thing in the morning, as I imagine there would be some guests who just want cereal, toast, a glass of juice, and then to hit the park.
Whilst that would work - the issue is that in a British theme park offering breakfast people would expect a hot offering. At DLP the hot 'British' option isn't as commonplace as the hotels are obviously in France thus most won't want it.

(I think I way over complicated saying that point)

Most people I know (outside of our lot) turn their noses up at "cold meats" for breakfast. It's either full fry up, or cup of tea and crack on.

Whilst that would work - the issue is that in a British theme park offering breakfast people would expect a hot offering. At DLP the hot 'British' option isn't as commonplace as the hotels are obviously in France thus most won't want it.

(I think I way over complicated saying that point)

I stayed at the Dream Castle hotel last year at DLP and they attempted a fried breakfast buffet in the mornings. Okay it wasn't brilliant (odd frankthurta type sausages, strange coloured scrambled eggs and wierd tasting baked beans!) but it was eddible non the less.