• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

Have you not discovered the SUPREMIUM Moon Voyager rooms, or maybe one of the resorts fabulous fantastical themed suites? ;-)

That just gets WORSE every time I hear it lololol! :D

That's like the ace card of a debate, all other attempts at context after which are utterly pointless.

I just don't like the planning of it all. The hotels are just surrounded by car parks for one - they're shabby, probably wouldn't go as far as saying they're in a state of disrepair. The route from the monorail to the hotels isn't aesthetically pleasing. The miniature golf has just been placed where there's space. The whole this is sporadic and run down to be honest.

I used to think the Towers was a quality product. It's almost like they've taken a leaf out of Ryanair's book - compromise on the product - it doesn't matter because people will still come.

Really.. I agree with the monorail and some exterior areas although the hotels are far from 'a state of disrepair'. Both hotels have changes and TLC each year. All the bathrooms in Alton Towers Hotel have been refurbished and they are currently undergoing a master plan of refurbishing all hotel rooms and the communal areas.

Reactions: Rob
I totally agree about the point about the 8 people staying in the tree house. Though, given the price seems to be for the actual house as opposed to how many are staying in it, it works out very expensive even if 6 people stay over there. Also, even when breaking the price down between 8 people, it still works out over £100 each per night.

Maybe with all this VIP stuff lately, Alton are aiming these at a "higher caliber of guest" (the ones where the daughter has a pony and they drive a land rover) and not the nerdy theme park enthusiasts ;)

Really.. I agree with the monorail and some exterior areas although the hotels are far from 'a state of disrepair'. Both hotels have changes and TLC each year. All the bathrooms in Alton Towers Hotel have been refurbished and they are currently undergoing a master plan of refurbishing all hotel rooms and the communal areas.

The 'changes'and'TLC' though resulted in them basically ruining the interior of Splash last year though to the point where I would never stay in it again.

It's nice to see them freshening up ATH rooms, bathrooms and corridors but I find the Moon Voyager theme more than a bit tasteless with all the plastic wall vinyl's and purple paint.

Maybe with all this VIP stuff lately, Alton are aiming these at a "higher caliber of guest" (the ones where the daughter has a pony and they drive a land rover) and not the nerdy theme park enthusiasts ;)

Hey, what's wrong with a Land Rover? They're easily worth 100 nights in a tree house!

(Little bit more perspective for you lol!)

The 'changes'and'TLC' though resulted in them basically ruining the interior of Splash last year though to the point where I would never stay in it again.

What's wrong with the interior of Splash?
Only things I felt didn't feel as nice as a few years ago were the fountain by the stairs (Ma Garritas / Flambo's area) not working anymore.
The coffee shop next to Flambo's looked too wedged in.
The new layout of the buffet cabinets in Flambo's didn't feel great and you couldn't see into the kitchen anymore.

It's nice to see them freshening up ATH rooms, bathrooms and corridors but I find the Moon Voyager theme more than a bit tasteless with all the plastic wall vinyl's and purple paint.

The point was though that the hotels are far from in a state of disrepair as was initially suggested.

I agree about the vinyls though, they are just a cheap form of 'theming'. It appears to be Merlin's way when it comes to themed hotel rooms now though.

:)

Yeah, I was just defending the hotels, as they do recieve attention.

Whether or not the quality is there, well that's an altogether different thing.

I agree with the vinyls. Particularly it will be awful the day they get around to refurbishing the Secret Garden restaurant and those lovely hand painted murals are covered with printed vinyls.

Are we still comparing the treehouse price point to a holiday in Barbados?

Treehouse = based on 8 sharing.
Barbados = based on 2 sharing.

I wonder which would be better 'value' ... ;)

What's wrong with the interior of Splash?

Where to start?

-The bright garish repaints in all the public areas which look like they were designed to appeal to three year old and no-one else. The result being a cross between the old farm and CCL and not a Caribbean island...

-Removing all the themed umbrella lights in the foyer and replacing them with Christmas lights (eurgh).

-Turning what seems like half of Ma Garrita's into a Lego pit so there's nowhere to sit.

-The naff coffee shop shoehorned into the bottom of the stairs which is rarely open.

It used to be really nice when it had a washed out Caribbean themebut the current management seem to have confused 'colourful' with 'tacky'.

I hope the Enchanted Village has an element of quality to it and doesn't feel cheap and off-the-shelf like most of Merlin's resort developments. Things like vinyl's just ruin the immersion.

Are we still comparing the treehouse price point to a holiday in Barbados?

Treehouse = based on 8 sharing.
Barbados = based on 2 sharing.

I wonder which would be better 'value' ... ;)

Well.... when you break it down to cost per night, per person, and for what to you get, it aint the treehouse!!!

Also, that's not the most expensive price.

The most expensive I have found thus far is an eye watering £950.

Maybe with all this VIP stuff lately, Alton are aiming these at a "higher calibre of guest" (the ones where the daughter has a pony and they drive a land rover) and not the nerdy theme park enthusiasts ;)

I take it you are not taking about Landrover defenders covered in mud, with dent, lights protectors, a couple of dents and offroading tyres.

Apologies, I should have been clearer. I was referring more to the exterior planning of the areas and specifically in my post the car parks and the state of the roads. My point was highlighting the lack of planning that encompasses the resort as a whole - ensuring the different pieces work cohesively together to create a consistent product where the brand is strong throughout. For me it's all a sporadic mess.

And to clarify in my post i said wouldn't go as far as saying they're in a state of disrepair. I.e. saying they're not in a state of disrepair, but somewhere inbetween.

With the new Alton Towers website there comes more information and pictures on the lodges and treehouses!

Posted the images and story below for those who don't want to search around the website for it all. :)

Woodland Lodges/Enchanted Village Story
At the far corner of Alton Towers, next to the enchanted forest lies a small village… Stay in a fantastical lodge to experience a land full of forest spirits and little fable folk that live amongst the trees. From dawn till dusk the little folk work to keep the lodges neat and tidy, thanks to tiny windows and doors that secretively allow access to the rooms.

New Logos
luxury-treehouses_zps8f0c22bf.png

woodland-lodges_zpsc591ba72.png

Lodges Promotional Image
enchanted-village-lodges_zpse5986534.jpg

Treehouses Layouts and Names
silver-with-bg_zpsc6c8159b.png

willow-and-oak-with-bg_zpse3d4e628.png

Treehouses Interior Gallery
treehouse-1_zps5a87794c.jpg

treehouse-2_zpsc6fd2a7c.jpg

treehouse-4_zps4deaa94b.jpg

treehouse-5_zps49ce0aa9.jpg

treehouse-6_zpsf8c8b0b4.jpg

treehouse-7_zps861c7793.jpg

During the day, immerse yourselves within the village to see if you can spot the little fable folk and their fairy helpers; listen very carefully as they can often be heard but never seen. As dusk falls, there’s a feeling of enchantment in the air as the woodland comes alive with whispering of the little folk hiding amongst the trees. Watch the great oak tree come to life with hundreds of glittering fairy lights.

This sounds great. I did worry they were just going to have the playgrounds and high ropes as the only additional extras to the accommodation, but it's nice to see all these little details too.

Watch the great oak tree come to life

I reckon they'll keep as close to that description as possible. Can't see it being anything other than impressive tbh.

6.5ft%20Height%20Waterproof%20Outdoor%20Usage%20Drop%20Shipping%20Free%20Shipping.jpg

;)