• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

Since when has posting random pictures of trees added anything to a discussion?

Can we keep any posts on a footing that actually contributes to a discussion, be it positive of negative, a bit of silly is fine but this is going on a bit too far. some posts have been removed.

Thanks

Also, that's not the most expensive price.

The most expensive I have found thus far is an eye watering £950.

Sounds about the going rate for these treehouses in other locations. When you fill them it works out around £100 a night.

Comparable to other places that offer that option, I would suggest the whole industry is over priced but I'm not going to hit towers for pricing at the same level as centre parcs

After putting a few random dates in to book for November & December 2015 it does appear that the Enchanted Lodges won't be available out of season, but the treehouses will.

Since when has posting random pictures of trees added anything to a discussion?

Thanks

Since Alton Towers mentioned this:
Watch the great oak tree come to life with hundreds of glittering fairy lights.

Since the posts that followed were of trees that look crap, with poor lights, to me it's a bit obvious why a few people may add their own interpretation of what given Merlin satire on this site that may end up looking like. (Admittedly I don't know how many posts, or what type were posted after mine).

Let's face it, until we see ACTUAL photos of what the places look like, until then, it's all just speculation, digs, jibes, hope, outrage, little surprises, some ooohs, some ahhs, and a bit of endless price discussion.

When the whole lot is revealed and serious conversation can really begin I'd understand, but at this point, it's pretty laboured or repetitive, speculative or just conversational in nature.

Personally I like when threads that get a little samey have a page of silliness it breaks up the monotony.

Comparable to other places that offer that option, I would suggest the whole industry is over priced but I'm not going to hit towers for pricing at the same level as centre parcs

I don't know enough about what CP offer as standard within their prices to comment.

Essentially all it has to do is beat a length of rope to climb across.

67260200c08980a935dd05b28c773248.jpg

Work on the lodges continue after dark with a crane moving stuff around

Also there is a HGV dropping parts off to the site

Since Alton Towers mentioned this:

Since the posts that followed were of trees that look crap, with poor lights, to me it's a bit obvious why a few people may add their own interpretation of what given Merlin satire on this site that may end up looking like. (Admittedly I don't know how many posts, or what type were posted after mine).

Let's face it, until we see ACTUAL photos of what the places look like, until then, it's all just speculation, digs, jibes, hope, outrage, little surprises, some ooohs, some ahhs, and a bit of endless price discussion.

When the whole lot is revealed and serious conversation can really begin I'd understand, but at this point, it's pretty laboured or repetitive, speculative or just conversational in nature.

Personally I like when threads that get a little samey have a page of silliness it breaks up the monotony.

I don't know enough about what CP offer as standard within their prices to comment.

Essentially all it has to do is beat a length of rope to climb across.

As I said, one was funny but it got OTT and makes it hard for people wanting to join in a discussion to see what is going on.

If you have any further questions on this your very welcome to PM me or post in guest services.

Do we know when the next batch of lodges are arriving?

I believe some more got delivered yesterday (or Monday).

Also if I was paying that kind of money to stay in one of the treehouses, I would be sat waiting at the door at 3pm for checking, and I wouldn't leave the treehouse until the cleaners are kicking me out! No point wasting time in the themepark or bars, bring your own alcohol and sit in the hot tub all evening!

I believe some more got delivered yesterday (or Monday).

Also if I was paying that kind of money to stay in one of the treehouses, I would be sat waiting at the door at 3pm for checking, and I wouldn't leave the treehouse until the cleaners are kicking me out! No point wasting time in the themepark or bars, bring your own alcohol and sit in the hot tub all evening!

That sounds a jolly good idea sir!

Exactly, and I'd rather put it towards EP than spend it on a tree house at Towers for one night! Anyway it was merely a joke highlighting how expensive staying at Towers is and how I would not want to pay that for one night.

:)

Again with the pointless posts!

You can get to EP, stay and eat for £100?

Wow, has all sense of humour now left the forum? I apologise for trying to make a light hearted joke.

:)

Ok so this bothered me because i never typed "again with the pointless post" when i replied to you Rob which obviously makes my reply quite rude, as it wasn't a pointless post. Thought i was going mad then worked out what had happened.

As a learning point it seems if you type something in the quick reply box then leave the page it saves what you post. I quoted your post Rob then typed the bit below half tongue in cheek. Not noticing something i was going to post but decided against it days ago (as it was rude) was included in the message.

Moral of the story.. Proof read your posts!

Sorry

In reply to the point though, the tree houses are on par with similar products in the UK in regards to price, unlike the hotels which are way over priced compared to other hotels.

Reactions: Rob
They're pretty. If they turn out looking like that anyway, without too much vinyl nonsense.

One thing I will say, they've cleverly not built many, so they can keep that price and demand high, but I tell you what, they'll need to keep those maintained impeccably for that price.

If I paid full whack for that and they were less than impeccable I'd be absolutely furious.

They've set the price, they've set the bar as luxury - don't deliver it and it will bite.

People who pay top money for quality expect it, and will be VERY vocal if it's not delivered, as right they should.

If you pay top money, you expect top quality, this IS top money - on a par with some top London suites... bits of peeling vinyl, things not working, poor food on resort etc are going to bring vociferous criticism... is the staff training or standard up to these price points? Based on my experiences last season. Absolutely not.