• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

A lot of people don't look at the right comparison with the pricing. Yes they are expensive but they are in line with other similar accommodations.
A lot of people commented on ATs facebook page about the high price but looking at the wrong things. It is obvious its not worth paying £800 for two people for a three bedroom accommodation. Other people were saying you can go to Florida for a week £2000 for three people. But you can't book this level of luxury accommodation that will sleep up to eight for that price. If you compare to the treehouses at Disney or the new bungalows on the beach at Disney's Polynesian resort then you will be paying £500+ per night. Additionally AT has a lot more guests staying only one night and therefore rooms require more cleaning and laundry changing, this costs more on staff to clean rooms and do laundry. Most Disney guests stay a week so sheets only need changing weekly not daily.

Will be interesting to see whether AT keep this pricing up or if the demand isn't there and the price has to drop. I would guess that during term time weekdays they won't have a huge demand, but during school holidays it would be different.
Also I don't think they would want big groups of adults (stags, hens etc) due to the possibility of damage and this could also be one of the reasons to keep the price high, to stop the rowdy groups.

Also I don't think they would want big groups of adults (stags, hens etc) due to the possibility of damage and this could also be one of the reasons to keep the price high, to stop the rowdy groups.

What you fail to realise, by the economies of scale, is that you're in fact MORE LIKELY to attract this kind of group with an 8 person, hot tub, games console, big TV treehouse!

They're pricing out ordinary families, so you're FAR more likely to result in big groups of friends who when they've paid that much will want to relax and have a good time, and probably won't take too kindly be being told to shush like little kids if they're paying that kind of cash and it has a hot tub on the deck!

What you fail to realise, by the economies of scale, is that you're in fact MORE LIKELY to attract this kind of group with an 8 person, hot tub, games console, big TV treehouse!

They're pricing out ordinary families, so you're FAR more likely to result in big groups of friends who when they've paid that much will want to relax and have a good time, and probably won't take too kindly be being told to shush like little kids if they're paying that kind of cash and it has a hot tub on the deck!

The hot tubs are on the side of the tree-houses away from the rest of the village and the houses themselves have a bit of a gap from the lodges. I doubt noise will be a huge issue, also the people who buy into a tree house will probably groups of older friends who want to chill rather than party... But likely as not there will also be a few hen/ stag parties.

The advert is great, but this will most likely be way too misleading about the quality of the final product.

The power of trees - and their absence - is again going to be critical in the same sense as it was/is with the Dark Forest. This needs to have the feeling of complete isolation and frankly nothing but the buildings and the village itself should be visible. Trees should block all view of car parks, concrete, hotels etc.

The Dark Forest is such an amazing concept- as is the Enchanted Village - but the former was executed half-arsedly and I cannot see the Enchanted Village being any different. Hope I'm wrong.

True
But I think once groups are paying that sort of money they tend to be a little nicer and more respectful. That's why blackpool was so popular for stag nights, it's cheap!

I doubt they will leave the Enchanted Village like they left Dark Forest. Resort investments usually have far more effort put in to.

I cannot see it looking amazing in its first year, although give it a good 2 years and they should have trees that have grown well and a site that does look very immersive.

Obviously it will look nothing like the advert. Just look at The Smiler's advert and many adverts of the 90s. They never truly represent the final product.

I'm sure the EV will look brilliant though. My main concern is the quality of the interior of the lodges and whether they will get a high volume of bookings. Compared to the hotels in terms of living accommodation there is no difference and not really a unique selling point.

That's a good point actually about stag and hen do's using the tree houses. I think you'll be right there given the number of hen do's in particular seems to have increased over the last year.

And given there's naff all for them to do in the resort after 10.30 no doubt there will be parties in the tree houses.

Which.... I don't have a problem with as long as we are all invited lol

7a696168b772d933d5551ef17a18fe6e.jpg

7b042c830760c425328ecc8b6b5f3f29.jpg

dd3a205337ad095dd8b58bbdb0eb369e.jpg

67bccbc349e763481c48d1d600edc4d2.jpg

Makes me laugh so much at these cheaply constructed cardboard boxes on the back of lorries being dumped on those breeze block foundations and how much Towers are charging to stay in one.

8173069.jpg

here is the new chef of the Crooked spoon and their supplier who is a expert in growing giant vegtables.
10403372_1097154183643876_7730060340870173272_n.jpg

And one of the themed fire that will be used in the village

Media Heavy. Multiple sources:

Tattenhill Aviation FB
10919442_617240398405440_570879663043560000_o.jpg

Towers Times;
20150105_img_5600_hursty.jpg

Be that a TREEEEEEE HOUSE??

20150105_img_6905_hursty.jpg

In fairness, decided to link to the rest:
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2...ain-alton-towers-resort-aerial-update-part-2/

On a couple of other photos, the lodges don't half seem a bit randomly placed, maybe it'll make more sense on the ground. Also seems quite cramped but I suppose space is space ultimately.

Going to be interesting to see it all in full context.

I quite like the look of the treehouses, they look fairly high quality.

The lodges, I'm not too sure about.

This is probably me being really picky but wouldn't the main walkways to the lodges have looked better paved than just black tarmac? A little more attentions to detail maybe? Not very enchanted if you get me.

This is probably me being really picky but wouldn't the main walkways to the lodges have looked better paved than just black tarmac? A little more attentions to detail maybe? Not very enchanted if you get me.

That's the road dude. Not sure what else they could have done really to be fair.