• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

I hope they plant some more trees around and in between the lodges, it looks too bare for me at the moment. Make it more look like an Enchanted Forest than an Enchanted Lawn.

Landscaping work has clearly only recently started. With 3 months to go there's plenty of time to plant some trees (which will then need to be given time to grow).

:)

Looks like they're working at a good pace. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing a repeat of Splash Landings opening disaster!

They Look lovely!!
1526762_10152727971620003_5133526592574505558_n.jpg

They do look cute, just wish there was a touch more variation with roof/chimney shapes or even door colours rather than the same thing copied and pasted everywhere.

Just a thought but do these lodges have air con in them? Was thinking last night that in the summer, in a little wooden hut, with no windows apart from the front door and all on ground level so its not like you can leave it open, they are gonna be hot!!!!

Just a thought but do these lodges have air con in them? Was thinking last night that in the summer, in a little wooden hut, with no windows apart from the front door and all on ground level so its not like you can leave it open, they are gonna be hot!!!!

Rumours suggest that there will be members of staff on hand outside the lodges, to blow down a straw inside the lodges providing air conditioning.. There will be a slot in the wall where you can insert 10p per minute to continue the flow of 'refreshing air'.

Don't have an answer although at the very least I would expect to see a pedestal fan provided in each lodge. Looking at the lodges on the outside it doesn't look like they will have air con since there seem to be no vents around for that, but maybe someone knows for fact.

It wouldn't be particularly authentic if it did have air-con though. How many enchanted villages do you see with a whopping great metal vent sticking out of the back of every house? ;)

And please don't add cheap white plastic desk fans like we had in Splash Landings. If you are going to provide fans, get themed ones that look right!

Gonna be hot hot hot in there in the summer then! And I bet any money they will have the cheap white plastic fans on the pedestals in there!

The short break brochure for 2015 has been released. It contains a map of the accommodation side of the resort including the Enchanted Village and Tree Top Quest.

Not sure if this was already known but the names of the different blocks of lodges are shown such as 'Snapdragon Ridge' and 'Buckthorn Nook'. Also there is a shop on site but not in the same building as the resturant it is over by the treehouses which I guess makes sense as they will have some self catering facilities.

Map is on page 2 - http://view.digitalissue.co.uk/00000082/00008126/00090867/

Looking at the site yesterday, I would say most of the lodges are now in place, there was only one left on the car park, and as far as you can see from the outside there aren't any more foundations around. I know today a few more roofs were delivered, but no buildings.

There was also a wooden lodge shaped building with just a door, so no idea what that could be, but it was the same size as a lodge, it could be the shop or maybe bins or something.

Love the map of the resort site. Although why no flying ship shown for ATH!? The little group of lodges having different names is a nice touch. Interesting to see the shop is at the opposite end of the main building. The plans for the main building originally show the shop to be in there, unless that space is being used for something else now. The Towers in the background of the maps with rollercoaster track is a nice touch too.

Love the map of the resort site. Although why no flying ship shown for ATH!? The little group of lodges having different names is a nice touch. Interesting to see the shop is at the opposite end of the main building. The plans for the main building originally show the shop to be in there, unless that space is being used for something else now. The Towers in the background of the maps with rollercoaster track is a nice touch too.

There's no Flying Machine for ATH because they've put the roofs on the Hotels unlike the previous map ;)

Splash Landings has a car floating above it though, don't see why ATH cannot have its ship floating above the building. :p

Anyone notice on the 2 night stay for the tree house - it says "why not book your own chef to cook you something". Sounds like another exclusive VIP option just for treehouses.

Gotta laugh though, they are charging £900 a night, yet it says arrive and check in at 6pm. Erm, no, if i'm paying that much, I want to arrive and check in at midday!!!!!

Gotta laugh though, they are charging £900 a night, yet it says arrive and check in at 6pm. Erm, no, if i'm paying that much, I want to arrive and check in at midday!!!!!

I think getting the treehouses and lodges clean and ready for the next set of guests is going to be the hardest logistical issue for AT. Most people only stay one night so almost every room needs the sheets changed everyday and vacuuming etc. Compared to Disney, Center Parcs etc where most people stay a week or so and therefore they only need to change sheets weekly the housekeeping team at AT need to do a lot more work!

I hear what your saying, but given the price, that's not my problem. I dont mind waiting around for a later check in when the price of the accomodation is cheaper, but when its nearly a grand a night, I want to make the most of it!