• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

Makes me wonder why they're even bothering with IMAscore. It'll last 2-3 years, then some numpty at Towers will decide it's not appropriate, after that it'll be forever lost in history and 10 years from now we'll all be on here saying "remember that amazing soundtrack which used to play around Enchanted Village?".

Yeah! Just like that amazing Nemesis music was was removed afte--oh it's still there two decades later. Baffling post.

And the custom announcements are still used in the water park to announce closing time etc.
Not sure if custom music has ever really been used at Splash / Cariba Creek.

I think for Enchanted Village the music is more important as it sets the theme of the area.

You're not alone fella. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm -1 excited about this.

That's what I think it'll be too, probably just in the play areas and restaurant. It'll be annoying for guests otherwise.

Interestingly, Splash Landings actually has quite a number of its own songs and themes but are no longer played ANYWHERE in the hotel.

Makes me wonder why they're even bothering with IMAscore. It'll last 2-3 years, then some numpty at Towers will decide it's not appropriate, after that it'll be forever lost in history and 10 years from now we'll all be on here saying "remember that amazing soundtrack which used to play around Enchanted Village?".

SSDD.

The Splash Landings elevators used to have custom announcements on each floor, different soundtracks and MaGarrita's had custom music but it all slowly faded away. Its a shame because it was very quirky and added to the hotel.

Splash Landings custom music is still played, it's just on a longer mix with some newer stuff. The only thing that has gone is the origional lift music.

Unsure if anyone has posted this already yet?

11078167_655001021296044_812420933926226517_n.jpg

Copyright Tatenhill Aviation Ltd

Initial thoughts on that photo.... amazing how quickly they get the grass to grow!

Not very enchanted and not much of a forest either is it (whats in the middle of each group of rooms?). They need to fill that grass area in the foreground with a shed load of trees , and plant some along the side of ATH, so that this development is enclosed in trees, then it may feel a bit more like an "enchanted forest". Think the tarmac spoils the appearance of the place as well.

One thing that really does puzzle me is why group all the expensive VIP luxury tree houses together so close? They are literally on top of each other. Hardly any privacy if you are sat out on the balcony or in the hot tub, and will be noisy if groups of 8 are having late night parties outside in the summer on the deck. I think they should have spread them out a bit more and got some trees up between each one.

Will be interesting to hear from people staying there what the soundproofing it like between the actual lodge rooms given they are essentially boxes placed on a hollow foundation!

Now get the trees in, and non of this stupid plantig and waiting for them to grow bull - they said that about Thirteen and we all know how barren that looks and will remain.

I think there will be low-level ambient audio within the village itself played at fairly low volume, but you're talking bird noises and dare I say fairy-like magical sounds also.

So you want them to plant instant growing trees?

When you look at the ground level images you can see quite a lot of planting of tree saplings, i do think the marketing has focused too heavily on the "forest" idea though (it's called "Enchanted Village" so they had no need to bring in the forest imagery).

The Tarmac looks naff, I believe there is play equipment in the centre of each lodge group.

Last edited:
I'm sure they've still got some Christmas trees knocking about from winter.

Afterall, our research shows that our guests fail to notice sparkly Christmas lights that we simply couldn't be bothered to remove on Towers Street, and they will only enhance the 'enchanted' theme.

No but you can buy trees which are partly already grown.

I would check with our professional Gardner (@Sammy) but tree transplantation used to be expensive with a high failure rate. They have put in semi grown saplins around the site, I assume something fast growing.

I did think that all the tarmac was being removed in place of trails but I may be wrong as that could end up with incredible footpath erosion.

Once the trees grow then the landscape will be completely changed. It is very expensive for full trees to be placed in instead of partial trees.

@GaryH I do believe they're small play areas

There will be okay areas in the centre of each group.
I agree the tree houses are too close, I assume this is for lazy maintenance / cleaning reasons, less to travel between them

Tarmac looks awful. Would like to see it covered over at least so it looks a little more 'magical'.

Plants will take a while to grow, although I doubt this will turn out like Th13teen, this is resort accommodation, generally the resort side of things get far more money, care and attention put into them.

The closeness of the lodges looks fine to me, just as expected. It's still a very large site on the whole and no doubt that field will also be an extension to the village so it will be even larger in a few years time.

My main concern about this development is the lack of new facilities. One small main building that serves as a reception, restaurant and evening entertainment venue... they should have really had a restaurant in one building and a bar/entertainment venue in another building. But who knows, if there's a phase two in the planning maybe they will add more when that comes.

Tarmac has the best grip coefficient, so i can see why they have used it. However they could of used it with a colour agent, maybe green or brown to make it look like a dirt track or grassland walk.

I would have thought paving slabs would have been better, like they ones they use on park, they can then be layer in patterns and more random like compared to Tarmac.

Not really adding much, but ideally, the lodges would have been spaced further apart for more privacy and those tarmac roads wouldn't have happened as I don't believe they fit in with the scheme very well.