• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

From the look of the photos I think this is going to be a lovely addition. It really fits into the whole escapism idea that a lot of people associate with the park and I can just imagine staying there and kinda forgetting the outside world for a while in such a nice, unique setting. :)

I can just imagine staying there and kinda forgetting the outside world for a while in such a nice, unique setting. :)

Until the staff come knocking down your door, demanding you check out before 10 because you're hardly given an ample amount of time to enjoy the luxuries provided in the treehouses ;)

Until the staff come knocking down your door, demanding you check out before 10 because you're hardly given an ample amount of time to enjoy the luxuries provided in the treehouses ;)

Hm yes I suppose that would detract from the experience haha. :p

Just book two nights? You can spend all day inbetween in the hot tub then!

I had a look around the outside of the site the other week and the lodges right at the end of the site would probably be the best (although you would have further to walk from the park/hotels) but they seem a lot more hidden away, compared to the lodges near to the hotel. Of course the whole site will look even better when the trees have grown more.

By the looks of things all the lodges are now in place, with still over a month to go this should be completed on time with no issues! (Unlike Splash Landings!)

Brilliant news! IMAscore's style will fit this perfectly. I just hope Towers allow them to release the music this time!

:)

Or work with them on offering an official CD with Enchanted Village and The Smiler music *cough* :p

"Our research show that our guests do not want to buy CDs with our music on them, despite the fact that many European parks successfully do this. For that reason we will not be producing CDs and will only allow IMAscore to upload a small segment of the new fantastical Enchanted Village soundtrack to YouTube."

:p

I took a look yesterday and everything looks hideously yellow-anemic. They need some natural wood staning on there!

IMAscore are producing the soundtrack? I dread to think where we'll find @Alastair's corpse as I can only imagine he'll have hung himself after hearing the news :p

I hear he has been admitted to a secure unit, he was found in a dark room gently sobbing whilst humming The Smiler soundtrack to himself whilst repeatedly flogging himself with a Chiapas CD on a piece of string...

... Doctors are hopeful his condition is temporary and have prescribed an intensive course of Europa Park music in a bid to halt the damage.

IMAscore are producing the soundtrack? I dread to think where we'll find @Alastair's corpse as I can only imagine he'll have hung himself after hearing the news :p

I hear he has been admitted to a secure unit, he was found in a dark room gently sobbing whilst humming The Smiler soundtrack to himself whilst repeatedly flogging himself with a Chiapas CD on a piece of string...

... Doctors are hopeful his condition is temporary and have prescribed an intensive course of Europa Park music in a bid to halt the damage.

:(

Just so long they stay well clear of the sine wave and LFOs. I might just be able to manage. ;)

Is it just me or is anyone else not really excited in any way about the Enchanted Forest and having no desire to stay there?

I won't likely stay there because it's expensive, I think it looks a nice addition and I'm glad they thought a bit more about it than the standard "Wild West" theme you usually get with lodge developments.

I can see it expanding to fill that whole area eventually which will look better as at the mo it is a little stranded in a corner.

It also needs more restaurant and bar capacity.

So perfect no but it also doesn't feel half arsed.

Is it just me or is anyone else not really excited in any way about the Enchanted Forest and having no desire to stay there?

You're not alone fella. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm -1 excited about this.

I've got a feeling it will be more background audio and sound effects as opposed to themes or soundtracks.

That's what I think it'll be too, probably just in the play areas and restaurant. It'll be annoying for guests otherwise.

Interestingly, Splash Landings actually has quite a number of its own songs and themes but are no longer played ANYWHERE in the hotel.

Makes me wonder why they're even bothering with IMAscore. It'll last 2-3 years, then some numpty at Towers will decide it's not appropriate, after that it'll be forever lost in history and 10 years from now we'll all be on here saying "remember that amazing soundtrack which used to play around Enchanted Village?".

SSDD.