• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

It's not quite as themed as I hoped but we're still really excited to go this may. I think it will look better in the night time.

People may be harsh on the cabins (I personally think they look fine), but considering how much they are charging for them I feel disappointed also.

The Crooked Spoon also looks a little bland, but at least it's a new restaurant on resort. Looking forward to seeing the menu :)

Well what did people expect from a field full of Portacabins?

Ohh I know your not one for balanced opinion Diogo and would rather cut your left ball off then say anything positive about Merlin but these are not portacabins. That's Thorpes speciality.

The lodges themselves look really nice from the outside and the build looks fine. The Tree houses are very good quality. It's the lack of little touches that is the worry here.

Elements do look delightful.

It just isn't all that 'enchanting' at the moment - it's too sparse.

Ohh I know your not one for balanced opinion Diogo and would rather cut your left ball off then say anything positive about Merlin but these are not portacabins. That's Thorpes speciality.
They are big wooden boxes delivered on the back of a truck. Sounds like a Portacabin to me. ;)

They are big wooden boxes delivered on the back of a truck. Sounds like a Portacabin to me. ;)

Your knowledge of modular construction needs some work my friend.

A lot of modern buildings are constructed this way. And if you showed someone the lodges they wouldn't go "ohh look a portacabin"! As said the building (other than Crooked Spoon) look fine, the rooms are fine (but over priced), the tree houses look as good as centreparces who charge the same.

It's just lacking the extra "something" that would make me go "wow".

People may be harsh on the cabins (I personally think they look fine), but considering how much they are charging for them I feel disappointed also.

The Crooked Spoon also looks a little bland, but at least it's a new restaurant on resort. Looking forward to seeing the menu :)
Yeah I agree here the Crooked Spoon doesn't look like anything special and to be honest looks a bit cheap. Who knows maybe it might have a few things added before it fully opens.

From those pictures, the speakers are a little more obvious that I would have hoped. The grass is also a little bare on its own, more toadstools and plants needed. The roofs look quite dark compared to what I've seen, is that the effect of rain or have they been coloured like that?

I agree with that it's good, but lacks the wow factor.

It's just compared to the over the top and immersive themes of the hotel, this looks plain and boring (aside from the exterior style of the lodges and main building.

Alton Towers is the last place I would expect to see something that's just 'OK', 'good', 'fine'... even with Merlin at the helm.

I don't know if anyone else has been to Alnwick Castle but their Treehouse Restaurant is fantastic. It opened in 2004 and reportedly cost somewhere in the region of 4-6 million dollars. It absolutely nails the magical, fairy tale atmosphere that Alton are clearly going for with the Enchanted Village. The restaurant interior in particular really shows up the shortcomings of The Crooked Spoon.

46739957_9e06932ae2.jpg

Alnwick.jpg

the-treehouse-restaurant.jpg

I don't know if anyone else has been to Alnwick Castle but their Treehouse Restaurant is fantastic. It opened in 2004 and reportedly cost somewhere in the region of 4-6 million dollars. It absolutely nails the magical, fairy tale atmosphere that Alton are clearly going for with the Enchanted Village. The restaurant interior in particular really shows up the shortcomings of
The Crooked Spoon.

46739957_9e06932ae2.jpg

Alnwick.jpg

Now that is what should be aimed for!

Now that really shows that the Crooked Spoon is lacking. I'm sure it will be nice but it would have been great to get something that looked like that.