• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I thought it was because they thought that you were "contaminated" and were trying to either decontaminate you or prevent you escaping.

the infection could of been a defence mechanism to protect the egg / young. By using the threat as a protectors.

I doubt Towers even know what the actors are meant to be, or what they're meant to do. :p

They just needed to fill the void at the end and actors was one of the easier options, even if it makes no sense to the story of the ride.

I really wish the staff wouldn't shout at you, it's utterly unpleasant.

I think this was mentioned earlier, but I believe the guest satisfaction scores for Sub Terra are very low and keep getting lower, to the point where it genuinely might improve people's days if they closed the thing entirely.

I think this was mentioned earlier, but I believe the guest satisfaction scores for Sub Terra are very low and keep getting lower, to the point where it genuinely might improve people's days if they closed the thing entirely.

I completely agree (with the shouting issue) and don't even see a need in the theme for them to be shouting at people in such a way. I have been on it 3 times at most and the staff have always been the worst part of the experience. I have always got the impression that they took great satisfaction in ordering people around and shouting at them, rather than just fulfilling a job requirement. Like Jordan said, utterly unpleasant and definitely doesn't make me want to re-ride.

My daughter can't go on it due to the shouting. I went on it to see if it was suitable for her. And got told to shut up repeatedly, as i was doing coping strategies with my mate(non sen). Who was helping me assess it suitable for Special Educational Need my daughter has.
It was the only time i felt that AT staff did not understand guests needs.

Here's hoping the nail has finally been drilled into the coffin for Sub Terra. It'll be nice to have a SBNO successor to Beastie.

Here's hoping the nail has finally been drilled into the coffin for Sub Terra. It'll be nice to have a SBNO successor to Beastie.

Just because you dislike drop towers!

IMO it's critiqued way too harshly in general by enthusiasts. It's never going to rival the greatest dark rides in existence, but it always seems to get good reactions from other people when I go on.

Just because you dislike drop towers!

IMO it's critiqued way too harshly in general by enthusiasts. It's never going to rival the greatest dark rides in existence, but it always seems to get good reactions from other people when I go on.

I don't dislike them at all, I'd quite happily walk back onto the tallest one in Europe and I'm also eager to ride Falcon's Fury when I return to Busch ;)

It's just such a pointless experience now with no real ending and the additional restraints sound like an unnecessary overkill.

"Merlin don't do dark rides".
... a few years later...
"Oh wow, look at Sub Terra, it'll be great!"
... on opening day...
"Never mind, it sucks."
... a few months later ...
"Wow, Merlin can do dark rides, just look at Sub Terra!"
... a few days later...
"Never mind, it's a nice idea ruined by staff who totally miss the point."
... a few years later...
"Well, Sub Terra was an utter fail."

Yup, got big hopes for Thorpe next year.

I don't dislike them at all, I'd quite happily walk back onto the tallest one in Europe and I'm also eager to ride Falcon's Fury when I return to Busch ;)

It's just such a pointless experience now with no real ending and the additional restraints sound like an unnecessary overkill.

I agree the ending needed to stay as it was after the initial changes, with the actors. I guess we all knew that after a while they would drop the actors though, it was just a matter of how long.

I've never been on Sub-Terra, as a lot of people on here know, and one of the main reasons is that the staff shout at you! As aforementioned, wholely unpleasant and unnecessary.

The staff shouting at you is a little OTT and they can get carried away. I actually don't mind Sub-Terra on the whole, though I may think with these new restraints 'what's the point'? Wouldn't queue more than 10-15 mins for it.

I wouldn't rule that out. Apart from when the park is totally rammed it never has a queue which is quite something for such a new attraction. From the day it opened it has been a complete flop for the park.

It's a shame as I actually think it is a decent ride, ruined totally by unpleasent staff. You are being invited to look at the eggs, they want you to be there. So why on earth do they shout at you as if you shouldn't be there or have signed up for a military job? It just doesn't make sense, you don't shout and 'abuse' visitors. Yes they should be relatively serious but they should also be somewhat welcoming, helpful and informative. They are none of these. I never have and never will understand it.

I can't help but feel some of the staff, especially back in 2012 when it opened, took total advantage of the character they were allowed to portray and went way over the top. It's almost as if they though; "yes I'm working on Sub-Terra, I no longer have to worry about customer service and can shout whatever I want at guests!" Really not on.

:)

The things is with Sub Terra is had they made pretty much a clone of the late ExtraTERRORestrial attraction at WDW rather than with drop towers, it would've perhaps been a success. Yes, it's not the best ride ever, but I did enjoy it and the concept behind it.

Perhaps the good thing about this is that, if Merlin ever decide to give us another dark ride at AT, they would've learned lessons from this...hopefully.

There is a well thought out concept right at the heart of the ride, it just needs a seriously refined introduction and an enjoyable, thoughtful ending. Being herded through a shipping container with some blasts of air is hardly desirable.

Nothing about ST is fun or entertaining. Lets count the displeasures:

1) Getting shouted at and insulted by someone half my age. I can get that any time I want just by walking down the street.
2) Having to watch a video with bad CGI that turns an epic alien menace in to a comical crab.
3) Being crammed in to a "lift" far too small for the number of people in it. Oh joy, it's like the northern line in rush hour.
4) An ABC drop tower. Nuff said.
5) Being stabbed in the kidneys. Ow.
6) Having the back of your calfs whipped. This is considered torture in the civilised world.
7) More being crammed in a small box, and more shouting.
8) Not being able to simply walk off the ride because you can't get past the teenage girls cowering in the middle of the corridoor because they are too scared to walk past...
9) Morons shoving gas masks in your face.

The whole project has been an embarrasment since it was announced. Get rid of it and use the space for a nice flat spin ride. A breakdance would be good... ;)

Scrap No 9, no longer exists. Replace with 9) Having to walk through a corridor covered in cheap black bin bags and rubbing your head against a low bit of fabric everyone else has rubbed their head against covered in nits.

Yeah the staff shouting is very unpleasant. They don't seem as bad as they were a few years ago though. I'm not fond of being randomly insulted for no reason. It makes no absolute sense to the theme of the ride when you're meant to be a guest in a military-like facility.

I quite like Sub-Terra as a whole though. I think for a midway attraction it cost far more than it should have though, and has an unnecessary amount of staff for such a small attraction.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.