• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

I understand the capacity concerns but their aren't many parks that operate two trains on small kids coasters, disney and universal are among very few to actually do that. At Disney Land their vekoma junior coaster only has one train.

Well it could be worse, could be Teenie-Weenie at Tusenfryd, or one of the small Tivoli coasters...

Fills the gap Beastie left years ago... Nothing else...

I went to have a proper look at this thing for myself today - and I'm now suitably convinced that this is a promising investment.
It's no secret that Alton overlooked the young family market for far too long, and ending up paying the inevitable price - a mistake that CBeebiesland went a huge way towards righting. As for Beastie - it was well overdue a replacement - not only was it simply too agressive (for want of a better word!) for younger riders, it was also generic and unoriginal, which has never really been Alton's style - in fact, looking back, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.
It's getting on for twenty years since the park last had a rollercoaster genuinely suited to a young audience, and so this seems the ideal finishing touch to the [surprisingly] impressively executed CBeebies project, as well as being something to give the kids that went last year another reason to pester their long-suffering parents into a return visit, and from that perspective, it's going to hit the nail on the head. And yes - it is a particularly nice shade of blue, and I look forward to seeing the finished theming.

Like many others, few things would make me happier than to see a Mack Youngstar appear on the land that the eyesore that is Spinball still occupies but whilst there's RMT & Thirteen happily satisfying that audience, we'll just have to keep waiting.

One thing DOES concern me though - the queue times in CBeebiesland were particularly bad during its opening season and the new coaster, whilst it will at least disperse the crowds slightly, doesn't exactly look like a throughput machine...

Apparently it will do laps depending on the queue, however I imagine it will always have a big queue, but I can't see them just sending it round once, otherwise they will get a lot of moaning parents!

They really should have added one or two extra flat rides, because this will have atrociously long waits in the summer. Whilst we adults can begrudgingly wait up to two hours for something like The Smiler, even half an hour's wait might be too much for some of the younger guests. I really hope Alton Towers have plans to ensure the area doesn't become unbearable for young children.

A ten second ride?

TEN... SECONDS.

And you just know the queue will hit two hours.

That's the majority of kids coasters, troublesome trucks is only a little longer, especially if you cut out the flat but before the lift hill

Still looks better than I expected from Zamperla when looking at the family coasters they've churned out in years gone by. And the more I look at it, the more I like the colours :)

Prediction - kids will love it, and the short cycle will leave them wanting to go back for more... which means their parents meanwhile, will hate it, as they're forced to attempt to entertain the kids in what looks likely to be an inpenetrable queue line (from a selfish point of view, I'm wondering how much hassle it will be to get the credit on opening weekend!!!). Has any thought been put into some sort of queue line entertainment?

I'm sure there will be some form of queue line entertainment. Even if it's as simple as what's on offer in Get Set Go's queue line or ITNG, it's still better than nothing.

Throughput is going to be a major concern but I suppose that is true of most kids coasters. I dread to think how long the queue will get! Idealy there would be more cheap flats to support the area.

:)

To be honest, i think for a park the size of Alton, but particularly for the popularity of cbeebies land a layout which would result in a 2 train coaster was a must. The fact they went with a cheaper company would have meant they would have got more coaster for their bucks. But it looks like they have gone low scale and I think that will probably course more problems than what’s it worth.

Last edited:
Does it?

Just looks like a running coaster, cameras a bit far away to see any shaking.

And Ashleykel has spot on my one big worry that the throughput on this thing will just be too low.

I was being facetious with regard to the conversation that because it's Zamperla, it's bound to be rough :p

They should move frog hopper to Cbeebies land from CCL.

Off topic CCL isn't going to last much longer imo.