• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

You're the first person I know who's enjoyed queueing for The Smiler with the length of the queues we were experiencing yesterday. I assume you were using the main queue as oppose to fastrack/single rider/disabled?

People in my group ended up queueing 2+ hours for it, which I believe was the queue length all day. They said that they were going mad by near the end of the wait, and felt well and truly hypnotised.

Single rider, Got on it 3 times and the theming I mentioned before makes it fly by. I dont are who I sit next to, It's a rollercoaster, I never buy pictures and the single rider queue is so much quicker.

Single rider, Got on it 3 times and the theming I mentioned before makes it fly by. I dont are who I sit next to, It's a rollercoaster, I never buy pictures and the single rider queue is so much quicker.
Did you queue SRQ with others in your group or did you go solo?

Yeah with group. I went first time in the morning in main queue and then 3 times in the sr queue.
TBH I should have recommended that to my group. 120+ minute wait that I bailed on, we should've all done SRQ which was to the SRQ sign. I bet it wouldn't have been much longer than 1 hour.

TBH I should have recommended that to my group. 120+ minute wait that I bailed on, we should've all done SRQ which was to the SRQ sign. I bet it wouldn't have been much longer than 1 hour.

SR is a godsend. 40 minutes was the avarage time and at about half 8 it went to about 20 minutes. Not to metion I got front row. We also walked on nemesis SR and sat next to each other.

Ride Rater are reporting a rumour that Spinball is to be removed this closed season for a new family coaster in Cbeebies.

The removal and replacement of a coaster over a single close season? As if.

Ride Rater are reporting a rumour that Spinball is to be removed this closed season for a new family coaster in Cbeebies.
Surely we would've seen plans by now for that though?

I hope this is wrong, because I genuinely like Spinball, and I know a lot of the GP do too. It's a fun ride and felt quite fast and forceful yesterday. No, I wouldn't queue for it if it's past the penultimate game machine, but it's great on wet weather with SRQ!

Expected to happen either next year or 2016. I would say it's only going to be another plinky plonky thing and Spinball would be easy to remove. Timing will not be an issue.

spinball is over due to be removed, its a poor ride with a low throughput taking up space in the wrong place, moved or removed altogether I'd be happy with either! The replacement family coaster won't be big if its being installed over the closed season and very likely most of the remaining land will be fenced off for use in the future.

I don't think Spinball is a bad ride at all, it's pretty forceful at times and fun! I don't like it on wet though, it became a bit too spinny and I don't get on with that. I really didn't enjoy Dragons Fury at Chessie and actually think Spinball is the more balanced ride. It's still very popular, though there is quite a bit of land used up by such a small ride right now - the last thing they need to be doing is removing more rides after Submission went as well.

It is a hard one though, because it's not an easy kind of ride to re theme without it ruining one of the other existing areas, and is it a bit too noisy/high for the free areas?

Again, because of it's quirky nature, it would fit well into X-Sector now that's basically dominated by The Smilers theme. (Which it is, let's be honest, X-Sector isn't X-Sector anymore in anything but name).

It would work well as another supporting "Correctional" device just as Ripsaw would. I'd quite like to see it dolled up in black and yellow with Smiler cars it would be probably the best themed spinner around (if they did it right).

(What am I saying?)

A shame if true. Another loss to the lineup, a kids coaster is not a valid replacement for a thrill coaster like Spinball.

Surely we would've seen plans by now for that though?

Not if it falls completely within the terms of the General Permitted Development Order.

The removal and replacement of a coaster over a single close season? As if.

Spinball isn't the major piece of engineering that the B&Ms are, and there is barely any landscaping, ancillary buildings or theming to contend with. The removal of Spinball and its replacement with a smaller children's rollercoaster could quite easily be done over the closed season.

I hope this rumour isn't true. I quite like Spinball, even though it is ugly as sin.

The site has a reasonable record, but what people tend to overlook is that a rumour is exactly just that - nothing is being reported as fact at this stage.

Dragon's Fury is better than Spinball but I still,wouldn't want to see it go, it has a lower height requirement and is a good family coaster, what they need is an even smaller family coaster and there is still plenty of room for this as well as Spinball.

My knowledge of Ride Rater is mostly from when they stole our news articles in several occasions, not to mention the same with other sites and images too. Plus they were adamant about certain Smiler 'news' that were all incorrect.

There are much more credible fan sites around. The majority of them.

Sounds to me like you have personal issues with the site. If you think that all media, be it newspapers, TV or radio doesn't effectively report what others have reported then you misunderstand the nature of journalism.

With regards to Sonic Spinball's removal, the queues it attracts are a liability and its days should be numbered even if they actually aren't.