• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

the queues it attracts are a liability and its days should be numbered even if they actually aren't.

Wut?

It attracts queues because it's popular and fun - so, The Smiler with infuriatingly slow 2 hour queues is also a liability then?

No, it attracts queues because of its limited capacity, made worse by rain.

It generates a considerable amount of dissatisfaction from people that are unable or unwilling to ride it, or that have to queue for long periods.

@Tom if no one liked it, it would not have a queue. I am also unwilling to ride it nowadays, and it provides me with great satisfaction knowing people aren't queuing for a ride I like and are in fact, queuing for that instead :D

Refer to the classic "an enthusiast's point-of-view doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things". If and when it is removed it will be because it's a liability in a business sense, there is no other possible explanation.

It would be nice to see the back of it next year. A kiddie coaster would fall within the GDO so I don't think it's too much of a crazy idea. Whether this actually happens or not though, we'll see.

I'm going to put it out there and say that Spinball is not going next year. I have no source, it just seems like a mad thing to do right now. Pretty much everything is pointing to a new kids coaster on the site previously home to the Beastie. There is no need for Spinball to be removed yet.

:)

I agree with Rob. Can't imagine Spinball will be ripped out only for a Beastie replacement next door. I can't imagine that any kiddie coaster would need all that space - so it would be silly to do all that in one closed season.

I understand removing Spinball as a requirement for a future Secret Weapons planning application (since once it goes the height limit in that area of the park will be lowered) but right now? Nope.

Could they not put a kiddie coaster where The Beastie used to be, and go into the space where the little playground is? I rarely see anyone using it. The queue line wouldn't need to be that long tbh, and could weave around and end up adjacent to the Sonic figure.

I would hope they don't get rid of sonic, but will definatley try to get a ride on it on sunday.

As Scott says, Spinball will go as a bargaining tool for the next big planning application. Would be mad not to do that!

I know it's not an ride as such, but is certainly a show / attraction;

I'd love it if Towers installed some permanent fountains on the main lake, install a decent PA system around the lawns / lake area.

They could program different shows to play thoughout the year, it will be fairly cost effective, given the water is already there, and would be a cheap way of adding a new 'show' on park. The programs could be changed throughout the year, perhaps a Scarefest themed one, or something to celebrate the new attraction of any given year.

Most staple parks around the world have some kind of outdoor water show bar Alton Towers, why have they not already embraced this technology?

Aquanura at Efteling cost €17 million! Considering Towers doesn't like to spend anything on anything, I can't see them splashing out on a fountain show. A lot of outlay for not a lot (read: zero) income!

Aquanura at Efteling cost €17 million! Considering Towers doesn't like to spend anything on anything, I can't see them splashing out on a fountain show. A lot of outlay for not a lot (read: zero) income!

Don't forget at Blackpool Pleasure Beach the dancing water show is included in the price of admission! (see they can be used for marketing :p)

Spinball wont be going anywhere for a while. Its an extremely popular ride. As others have said, given the investment being put into the Enchanted Village next year, I dont see anything big coming to the park for a while. A small kiddie coaster sounds about right for next year.

The next "big" attraction at Alton I think will be the removal of the Flume and having it replaced with a new water ride. If they dont do this in the next few years I think the ride will collapse by itself!

The Flume is not in that bad a state. ok it is getting tired, and has been patched in places. It could be standing for another 10 years, however this would be to a negitive affect on mutany bay. unless it had a major update.

I think get rid of the tubs and replace with inhouse IP. namely Sharktooth Jack and Sir Edward England, with a pirate theme. with the story of Sir Edward chasing Jack with boats to match.

I tend to disagree - I think its in a terrible state. Hardly any of the effects work now, the bit around the trees is incredibly rough and the patchwork all over it looks awful.

In what way is it even a Flume anymore? It feels more like a rough toboggan run with the added splashes throughout the ride.

It still proves extremely popular though, especially on hot days (stating the obvious I know.)

I can't see them removing it for at least another 5-6 years when they probably HAVE to.