• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

I think they're going to keep hold of the flume for as long as they can, and when they get rid of it I can honestly see them going with something other than a water ride. Mainly because new water rides have to have proper water cleaning equipment installed, instead of just using the lake water!

I think it need another major revamp soon though. The theme doesn't fit very well and the ride is seriously outdated. As for a new ride, as much as I'd love to see a Mack youngstar, I think a Gerts junior coaster would fit well in the area around Cbeebies

Also, the majority of water rides are crap. The only ones I have ever enjoyed are Journey to Atlantis and Grizzly Rapids. Especially in this country, when you can only ride them without freezing to death on about 6 days a year.

Also, the majority of water rides are crap. The only ones I have ever enjoyed are Journey to Atlantis and Grizzly Rapids. Especially in this country, when you can only ride them without freezing to death on about 6 days a year.

In your opinion. I wouldn't say that the majority are crap at all, I often find they can be some of the more fun rides in a theme park. Can't beat a good rapids!

:)

In your opinion. I wouldn't say that the majority are crap at all, I often find they can be some of the more fun rides in a theme park. Can't beat a good rapids!

:)

Yeah Rapids are somewhat of an exception, but even those are all essentially the same thing. I suppose I just don't enjoy getting wet unless it's incredibly hot and therefore you dry very quickly. In the UK that's hardly ever the case, which is why I don't get why we have stuff like Valhalla, and Thorpe with its thousand water rides.

Thorpe has lots of water rides as before Tussaud's took over the main theme was water with the lake around the park and water ski shows etc. Tussaud's continued with this by adding Tidal Wave and then decided to go for thrills rather than water, but many of the old rides remain of course.

I think Battle Galleons looks fun but is more suited to a water park where you are in swimming costumes. I also find it strange that Legoland added a water play area with a tipping bucket outdoors. But then small children seem to enjoy playing in water without thinking about the consequences of being cold and wet.

Get rid of Flume, replace with Chiapas...

The only true option...

Also get rid of Spinball, cos it's crap, and it's popularity is purely because of it's location rather than people seeking it out (a la Air or Rita)...

Because Mutiny Bay is the best themed area at Towers since Merlin's arrival? And to say nobody cares about the area as a whole is frankly ludicrous, unless you single out Battle Galleons.

Battle Galleons is a quality addition thematically but Merlin's efforts with Mutiny Bay overall were average at best.

The makeover of the area consisted mostly of brown paint and skull and crossbones prints. They didn't demonstrate a whole lot of thought or creativity in an area which lacks a headline ride and should be heavily themed and immersive instead.

The area in its previous form as Merrie England was poor (especially with those atrocious pay-2-play Splash Karts) but at least it was more interesting than a bunch of monotonous brown painted buildings and cheap pirate props.

I would like to see Mutiny Bay given a full revamp when the Flume is (eventually) replaced.

Battle Galleons is a quality addition thematically but Merlin's efforts with Mutiny Bay overall were average at best.

Absolutely, there's no question the theming of BG is incredible. But the ride offering itself? Keep the theming but use any other hardware and I'd be satisfied.

As for Mutiny Bay on the whole, all you need to do is look at Dark Forest to see it was a great start for Merlin.

Mutiny Bay has become an area to walk through, bypass some games stands, maybe have a toilet break, on the way to somewhere decent.

Always think Battle Galleons looks great, why did they waste their bit of creativity on that ride?

Erm, Tavern! I rarely just walk through MB. I love the atmosphere in the courtyard and it always looks busy.

Mutiny Bay certainly contains more HB stalls (Basket ball, racers game, 4 stalls in the middle, an arcade, various grabber machines all the way round the area, the remote boats and 3 stalls facing the Flume) and Food outlets (Courtyard BB1, Tavern, Eastern Express, Donuts, Burger Kitchen, Ben & Jerry's, Mexican, hot dogs and sausage rolls) than rides!

When you think about it there is so much space taken up by game stalls and food outlets.

I've no problem with MB as such, though yes I do just walk through it, I do see a lot of families in this area. There is Heave Ho, the ladder climbing game, the gunbarrels, Sea Life centre etc. Plus then there is the courtyard for a decent bite to eat with the pirate show.

Battle Galleons while good, is not suited to a UK theme park. Its fanatic on a hot summers day, but this is few and far between. I always thought out of everything they put there, the Swan Boats is still the best ride for that area.

As for water rides in general, I disagree they are not popular, but again, depends on the weather. Any glimpse of sunshine and we see long queues for the Flume and Rapids. I honestly think if Alton did remove the Flume it would be replaced with a water coaster. I cant see them totally removing the water element to any ride placed here.

Thorpe has lots of water rides as before Tussaud's took over the main theme was water with the lake around the park and water ski shows etc. Tussaud's continued with this by adding Tidal Wave and then decided to go for thrills rather than water, but many of the old rides remain of course.

I might be wrong, but I believe the order had already been agreed for Tidal Wave when Tussauds finally managed to purchase Thorpe, as they had been attempting to do for some years.

Reactions: Sam
Just while we are discussing water rides I noticed this odd but fun looking Zamperla creation

I also love the description. Slightly off topic but had to post :D

The new Hydro Lift - "Exstreme Rafting" - represents the next generation of family water rides. Rides of all ages are sure to love the wet, wilf, and unpredictable spinnig nature of the rafts, offering a unique ride experience each and every time.

I mean come on!! Who doesn't love a Wet Wilf!!!!

Hmm, I dunno about that - I actually think it looks a bit boring! Especially when compared to the rapids in Alton where each ride is unpredictable, you can move more across the water etc. That ride looks very "pre-set" in what it does.

However, the wet wilf does sound very appealing indeed!

It's like a less sh*t version of Storm Surge, similar ride experience with spinning down a spiral track, just nicer looking. If the lift element was combined with a decent rapids ride then it could make a short rapids (such as Legolands) much more interesting by increasing the ride length.

Just while we are discussing water rides I noticed this odd but fun looking Zamperla creation

I also love the description. Slightly off topic but had to post :D

I mean come on!! Who doesn't love a Wet Wilf!!!!

water looks far too clean, clearly not going to catch any river water deseases off that!