• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Merlin like black rides, space is dark, black repaint? Seriously though, if they remove trees for SW8, what're the chances Air would be visible? Repaint to avoid being seen, as well as sticking to the wonderfully creative colours of recent rides :D Also, there is 'no air', does that subtly suggest that there is no longer air due to a new name?

Side note, probably none of this will be true.
VR would probably ruin the ride too, you'd get the same effect in those simulators on a seafront somewhere.

Why does a perfectly good theme need messing with for the sake of a gimmick?

I wish they spent the money building lakes and waterfalls to genuinely improve the experience.

Whatever they do to it will almost definitely not compensate for the loss of the present station loading theatrics and theme music.

Why does a perfectly good theme need messing with for the sake of a gimmick?

I wish they spent the money building lakes and waterfalls to genuinely improve the experience.

Whatever they do to it will almost definitely not compensate for the loss of the present station loading theatrics and theme music.
How do you know they are losing the theme music. It may be wishful thinking, but it could still fit galactica

How do you know they are losing the theme music. It may be wishful thinking, but it could still fit galactica

Well I hope not but it seems likely.

A space theme just doesn't work on an outdoor ride, not unless you're really creative about it which is unlikely given the company we're dealing with.

Changing the name would be a silly move too - everyone knows the ride as Air.

I wonder if the whole area could be getting a re-theme, with ripsaw gone already and possibly blade also going as it was already on borrowed time last season, could Nemesis also be getting a re-theme. We've seen that it is at least getting a new paint job. I know it already kind of has a space theme as it is an alien creature, but I think with SW8 going there also the whole area will probably get a re-theme to make it more consistent. Could get an Area 51 style theme.

I wonder if the whole area could be getting a re-theme, with ripsaw gone already and possibly blade also going as it was already on borrowed time last season, could Nemesis also be getting a re-theme. We've seen that it is at least getting a new paint job. I know it already kind of has a space theme as it is an alien creature, but I think with SW8 going there also the whole area will probably get a re-theme to make it more consistent. Could get an Area 51 style theme.

Ripsaw has gone?

Wonder if this will be a generic space ride, or will actually be themed around nemesis. That advert really doesn't indicate any involvement with nemesis (though it is just the early teaser). Real shame if they don't do a nemesis theme because there are so many ideas you can get from it. Hopefully it will make the whole area work better with nemesis.

Watching the video again (is it sad that I'm watching it over and over for any hidden messages?) - for the first second of it you are flying towards earth. It Reminded me of this:

Watching the video again (is it sad that I'm watching it over and over for any hidden messages?) - for the first second of it you are flying towards earth. It Reminded me of this:

I think you're giving Merlin way too much creative credit.

I'm not sure they will even know the backstory of any of their rides from before they took over.

But I hope I'm wrong :)

yes, apparently it has, and is in pieces in one of the car parks.

I saw piece of the bridge in the car park.

Won't the bridge have just been removed to get machinery in to work on the restaurant and be put back when complete?

Has it been confirmed its gone?

Wonder if this will be a generic space ride, or will actually be themed around nemesis. That advert really doesn't indicate any involvement with nemesis (though it is just the early teaser). Real shame if they don't do a nemesis theme because there are so many ideas you can get from it. Hopefully it will make the whole area work better with nemesis.
I dont know if a full theming around nemesis would work. Although i would love to see a nod to it. like a flypass of planet nemesis.

I think that they could actually use the current theme in a space environment - the current theme always resembled some sort of futuristic flying port in my head with the use of "beeping sounds" in the theme music.

Even better, I feel that it could work even better if IMAScore managed to re-create the theme tune in an epic style to fit to the theme better but it still provides a nostalgic feel to the previous presence of the ride as well as introducing new sound elements to the ride. Just imagine the video below remastered by IMAScore in space theme, especially with what they could do at 1:02 in which I always love in the music:

I saw piece of the bridge in the car park.

Won't the bridge have just been removed to get machinery in to work on the restaurant and be put back when complete?

Has it been confirmed its gone?
I think this pretty much confirms it is leaving, can't see them putting it back in.
Pics from towers times.
CXUqyHSWsAQk0Dt.jpg:large

CXUqyIpWsAYQy8E.jpg:large

SF52g4n.jpg

W5X7Uer.jpg

I think the point that the ripsaw bridge being removed for larger vehicles may be valid? However it's pretty difficult to find any reason for the ride itself to be sat in the car park :( What problems has it been having over the past year?

There's no reason for trucks to go down the path under Ripsaw bridge there's plenty of access through the air carpark service gates.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.