• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the point that the ripsaw bridge being removed for larger vehicles may be valid? However it's pretty difficult to find any reason for the ride itself to be sat in the car park :( What problems has it been having over the past year?
Struggling to park, stopping mid cycle, multiple breakdowns, starting the season covered in scaffolding. There are loads of reasons, just check the rip ripsaw thread because I can't remember any more asides just generally being knackered.

Its had problems for years, I'm surprised they kept it operating for so long to be honest.

Given it's not just the ride that has been removed from the park (the bridge, queue and op cabin are all sitting in the car park) it's pretty much confirmed Ripsaw is leaving Towers.

I thought that this soundtrack was very familiar. After Listening to the Nemesis theme (at around 10:50) you can hear the same creepy flute. I think the revamp of Air could definitely share the Nemesis theme. The more I listen to both versions the more i'm convinced it's a sample from Nemesis background music in this video.

Air has a theme?:flushed:

It's been mocked since its inception for complete lack of theme by the enthusiast community and now it's getting a tangible theme the enthusiast community is lamenting the loss of its present state :banghead:

Right I'll defend my stance. Yes it never reached its heady heights of planned theming, and the less said about the mildew-concrete tunnel the better.
However, take it on face value of a family coaster with an amazing unique part (the position) and the way it interacts with the floor levels and sweeping views - its fine. I almost even went for the 'oasis at the end of evil' thing they tried to pull off.

But you're now going from an area, ripped up by an unknown beast, with 3 side rides based on it... wait no sub terra is sbno... 2, wait ripsaw is gone... ok an evil beast and a pirate ship in an allegedly evil, oppressive area and now a ride based on space. With a helmet slapped on so even the landscape doesn't matter to the ride.

I don't care for VR and think its far too gimmicky not to mention will need a huge amount of upkeep, a park/company known for minimal care and upkeep. Then you're just throwing a theme at it with no sense. Nope. It is not the one.

I thought that this soundtrack was very familiar. After Listening to the Nemesis theme (at around 10:50) you can hear the same creepy flute. I think the revamp of Air could definitely share the Nemesis theme. The more I listen to both versions the more i'm convinced it's a sample from Nemesis background music in this video.
Thats not the official video - sorry

VR ... oh lordy Lord McLord, more down time coming
riding round in the dark as the video feed stops just as you leave the lift hill
paper bags at the ready for all the vomit induced from motion sickness as the video de-syncs

It's from Alien

Just imagine the logistical nightmare with giving people VR headsets.

I would like to think that the nausea factor has been exhaustively tested...

@Ben - I follow a lot of what you're saying and agree with a large part of it, but what I really struggle with is the notion of
a park/company known for minimal care and upkeep.
that are completely changing a ride and improving it (time will tell folks - of course, it seems many people have already made up their mind), for its 15th season.

I agree that there are areas of the park that need attention - absolutely, but I am not anti-change and I am willing to see what they're planning and give it a go. The Nemesis monster was always an 'alien creature' - it could easily tie in.

I would like to think that the nausea factor has been exhaustively tested...
Air is probably the worst ride in the park for this already. Adding VR headsets that will inevitably make it worse and it being next to the brand new restaurant can't end well.

Also, reading this topic right now is about as nauseating as air will be tbh.

I'm sure I read why on here, but what was the reason for the VR rumours? Just think about how dire the throughput would be trying to do this. Air currently passes directly overhead meaning that extra time would be needed to make sure these headsets wouldn't come off. Battery in them would be awful, a huge number would be required and just generally I can't see how it would or even could work. Station improvements to change a story line or theming to more a spacey idea would work, VR would not.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.