• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I can imagine that whilst you are waiting on the break run, you will be bombarded with adverts through your head sets for your on ride photo and various other up selling including fast track tickets, hotel stays etc...:p

"Thank you for riding Galactica. Now why not buy a Merlin Annual Pass and enjoy 32 worlds of fun!"

Reactions: T
wouldnt that be cool if they flash your on ride photo to you on the break run with a buy in now price and code to claim on your way out :)

You all seem to be forgetting: the on ride photo will most likely be switched off. Not much point having a picture where your face is covered by a bumbag. There will be the queue line green screen picture though.
... Woo.

I can imagine that whilst you are waiting on the break run, you will be bombarded with adverts through your head sets for your on ride photo and various other up selling including fast track tickets, hotel stays etc...:p
Fictional adverts could be fun. " why not book a short break on the planet altonnia. With over 50 attractions, fun is never far away. Save credits with a 30% off for a limited time "
:D

The portal is looking good and even has lights!

Capture%201_zpsfr4hkhqw.png

Capture_zpsfatotc10.png

Source TS Facebook

Hahahahahaha!!

By the way.

The argos bag strapped to the front isn't actually for your lunch as a I first suggested.

It is, in fact, a vomit receptacle.

Everybody likes a bit of bants chaps, but please.. Let's try and stay on topic without being morosely ridiculous

I will of course eat humble pie and utilise any such Argos lunch bag should there be one attached to my Galactica restraint when it opens...

Me and a few friends went to an arcade that had an occolus rift VR headset yesterday. On the demo was a roller-coaster set in a skyrim style world. To be honest it was a lot better than I expected, the novelty factor was great and I didnt get nauseas from the display at all. (although I was stationary)

The negatives I found were that rapid movement caused the image to blur in the corners and after full days use, it was stinking. I know Alton Towers have stated they will be cleaning the devices in some way but it would be great if we could buy our own headsets and holders if this takes off (pardon the pun). Nothing ruins the immersion more than a combo 30+ people's head sweat... Unless space smells like cheesy socks.

As for the portal, it looks great. Although the track and support colours don't seem to match for me.

Been playing the old Abe's Exodus game the past few weeks and I saw this today and he imagery just reminded me of the shot they released of the roller coaster restaurant.

Sorry if this is off topic or nobody cares, just thought I'd share.

d4a483fd18082aa349c311675042d9f3.jpg
27342bbb33ff9ba0c239c284006ffc46.jpg

That portal thing looks.....awful.

Do they really think that they can get away with classing this as new by just adding a couple of tacky theming elements? At least repaint the track ffs, that's the minimum requirement of a retheme/rebrand.

Because all they are doing is adding a couple of "tacky theming elements"...!

I don't see how repainting the track would suddenly make a big difference to the theme of the ride. I'm glad they're not as I really like the track colour.

:)

It's not a case of a change of colour will make a difference to the theme, it's a case of a change of colour will make it look like a differenf/new ride, which is what they're classing this as.

It might well be different when you're on it, but as it is, people walking towards this will just see exactly what they have done for the past 13 years.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.