• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Maybe they are changing fireworks to the Friday & Saturday? It's a long way away yet, it might just be a mistake. Dropping a tweet normally works ;)

Saturday 25th March...now, that's too far away! Let's hope we get a Febuary half term event.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be an awful shame if the park didn't open on Sunday 5th November, especially as that is bonfire night itself, and is always really popular anyway. :(

Hopefully they are yet to decide on next years fireworks, if they do cut the fireworks all together or close on the park on Sunday 5th November next year, along with the recent river rapids ride closing before dark during the scarefest, I just hope this is not a taste of further cuts to come next year.

My MAP pass runs out just before next year's fireworks, and if these cuts get any worse, it will make the decision easier for me not to renew mine for the first time since owning a MAP.

Last edited:
Maybe they are doing fireworks on Scarefest? A few other parks seem to be combining the events...
So they extend Scarefest by 5ish days instead of opening on the 5th. Seems stupid and would fireworks be on all Scarefest days. Your idea would result in higher costs in a time of cost cutting at Towers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Maybe they are doing fireworks on Scarefest? A few other parks seem to be combining the events...

So they extend Scarefest by 5ish days instead of opening on the 5th. Seems stupid and would fireworks be on all Scarefest days. Your idea would result in higher costs in a time of cost cutting at Towers.

They won't have Fireworks and Scarefest happening at the same time. It would not be logistically possible, surely. They just won't.

:)

They won't have Fireworks and Scarefest happening at the same time. It would not be logistically possible, surely. They just won't.

Of course it won't! It'd involve forgoing at least an hour or so of maze time when the Towers are closed for the display. No way that will be happening when it'd be absolutely rammed and people want to do both.

I think it would be possible but would make the park busier with Scarefest and Fireworks visitors. I agree it is highly unlikely the two events will combine but maybe a lazer show at the end of Scarefest days. Affordable and can be Halloween themed.

Your idea would result in higher costs in a time of cost cutting at Towers.

Just to clarify this is not what I would like to happen but Legoland seem to be having fireworks and a Halloween event so Merlin could do it to us, I know they are very different parks though.

I think it could potentially work but would not want to see it!

The only parks that combine the events are parks like drayton and legoland that don't really do much for Halloween (Drayton's halloween consists of trick or treat doors, seasonal Thomas land shows, and paying £2 to remove the middle of a pumpkin). The parks that combine events tend to have a Halloween event that lasts nearly a month, so it makes sense to do both at the same time.

This will be an error. I see no logical reason to cut the event down to only the Saturday, it can't even be cost cutting as I'm sure it makes a lot more profit to have both days.

Towers at capacity and refusing entry to everyone except prebooked tickets!
MAP holders can't prebook either are they for real?
Makes a mockery of being a MAP holder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Towers at capacity and refusing entry to everyone except prebooked tickets!
MAP holders can't prebook either are they for real?
Makes a mockery of being a MAP holder

Much as it is frustrating I don't see what they can really do about it. for saftey reasons they can't have too many people in park

Much as it is frustrating I don't see what they can really do about it. for saftey reasons they can't have too many people in park
Yes I totally understand about that it's more about the inability to prebook as a MAP holder and then having the risk of being refused

The issue with MAPs booking is that without a deposit being taken many people will book and not show up.

The website and social media pages were clearly advising turn up before 3pm if you aren't pre-booked

The issue with MAPs booking is that without a deposit being taken many people will book and not show up.

The website and social media pages were clearly advising turn up before 3pm if you aren't pre-booked
As I keep saying it's not always possible for everyone to turn up early due to other commitments
I would imagine not many people are gonna go to the effort of prebooking if they have no intention of turning up

If they bring in a pre-booking system for MAP holders then it will be at a small cost to the passholder to ensure that those booking do actually turn up. Of course then people will moan about having to pay to go!

Saying that I've arrived at around 6.30pm on Saturdays of Fireworks in the past and got in just fine. I don't think they ever actually shut the gates this Saturday just gone, more saying that they had to stop people from coming.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.