• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the 200MFV17 was a way of waking us up to the account and get talk going.
The story is FV based may be the code is 200m of tunnels with 17 actors or guests

I think the 200MFV17 was a way of waking us up to the account and get talk going.
The story is FV based may be the code is 200m of tunnels with 17 actors or guests
Orrrrrr it's just an enthusiast making up a code that looks like it means something...

@PhalanxControl is the official account. As it was back when Sub Terra launched.

The 200 probably refers to the amount of minutes the pleb who whipped up the account devoted to scheduling all those Tweets this morning before rocking in a corner basking in self pity.

Don't be fooled by enthusiast hoaxes! They've been around before and they will be again, heck I was part of one for SW6. Maude de Neville anyone, I'm sure @Sam recalls! :p

I wonder why the end game tag is being used, I thought the was a scaretours tag? Is there going to be 2 mazes, one for park times (end game) and one after hours (lockdown) ??

also Phalanxa control has deleted some of it tweets.

OK,

So I'm new here, and I've just spent a few hours reading this thread from start to finish and have a few points to get through.

1. At the beginning everyone was so excited about a 4D coaster..... NO NO NO! Terrible! Uncomfortable! No concept of where you are! Might as well be on a waltzer.

2. Theming for a woodie would be wrong in FV - Lets face it: Nemesis, AIR, Ripsaw, Blade. Any correspondence there? (IMO the only consistently themed part of AT is X-Sector)

3. Someone mentioned that a woodie was about the sheer scale of it and that it would be lost if this was to be such a terrain hugger - i aggree - the grandeur would be lost.

4. Swarm wasn't well received? IMO its so much better than AIR - this gives a better feeling of flying, and is also better than X2.

5. I'm all in favour of a woodie - Terminator Salvation the ride (Apocolaypse) is amazing, and Gwazi was also very cool.

Off topic now, but after reading so much about it - can anyone message me about what the deal was about what went wrong with The Smiler build? design? its great to see other people don't see this as the best coaster at AT either.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. At the beginning everyone was so excited about a 4D coaster..... NO NO NO! Terrible! Uncomfortable! No concept of where you are! Might as well be on a waltzer.
I wouldn't mind a 4d coaster. I like waltzers to.

2. Theming for a woodie would be wrong in FV - Lets face it: Nemesis, AIR, Ripsaw, Blade. Any correspondence there? (IMO the only consistently themed part of AT is X-Sector)
They can give it a correspondence. Nemesis and air have no real correspondence, but they work together. Even ripsaw and blade don't fit together if you think about it. I can explain how they all fit in, John wardley created the story line.

4. Swarm wasn't well received? IMO its so much better than AIR - this gives a better feeling of flying, and is also better than X2.
Have you ever actually been on air or swarm. Yes, I love both, but air feels as though you are gliding over the car park, swarm isn't the same. More of a thrill, but that sacrifices the flying element.

what went wrong with The Smiler build?
They hired T.G cruise to do the ground works.

I'm wouldn't be too concerned about a woodie fitting into FV when you have Air and Nemesis (chalk and cheese) already there.

Whilst Air and Nemesis oppose each other thematically, that's kind of the point - the contrast between the rusty, hostile landscape of Nemesis and the modern, tranquil environment of Air is subliminally pleasing. A wooden coaster wouldn't necessarily ruin this but in my opinion, there'll always be a place for the haunted house (even if not in its current incarnation) at Alton, Gloomy Wood is underdeveloped as it is, and thus it would make more sense to blend the ride in with this area and theme. Having said that, there are equally good cases for linking it to Forbidden Valley, and I personally think that is where it'll end up if it goes ahead, anyway.

I wouldn't mind a 4d coaster. I like waltzers to.

{Just go on Sonic}

Have you ever actually been on air or swarm. Yes, I love both, but air feels as though you are gliding over the car park, swarm isn't the same. More of a thrill, but that sacrifices the flying element.

{yes I've been on both lots of times - AIR feels like a piece of shit when on your back - what a let down ride}

Sonic is very good for its target riders (those who don't like/aren't tall enough for the bigger rides). Apart from the theme, I think it's ok. I can't really complain about it for its target audience.

Air is really good. No real theme (yet), but it delivers what promises - the feeling of flying. It was never advertised as a thrill ride. Air is amazing. It is comfortable. You feel like you are flying.

And yeah, the only ride in AT THAT feels like **** or even comes close is Rita. Submission was less painful.

Sonic is very good for its target riders (those who don't like/aren't tall enough for the bigger rides). Apart from the theme, I think it's ok. I can't really complain about it for its target audience.

Air is really good. No real theme (yet), but it delivers what promises - the feeling of flying. It was never advertised as a thrill ride. Air is amazing. It is comfortable. You feel like you are flying.

And yeah, the only ride in AT THAT feels like **** or even comes close is Rita. Submission was less painful.

we will have to agree to disagree, i don't think AIR feels like flying at all.

And Rita is a much better ride, granted thats gonna get the geeks backs up!

I find it depends where you sit. The back is more intense.

Actually, it's really painful for me. I think being small (5 foot 1) I keep hitting my head of the restraints. I think it would be better if I was taller.
:)

I'm not saying i don't like it because it isn't thrilling enough, I'm just perhaps old and sensitive :) as soon as you "assume the position" i get neck ache, i find it too slow, granted yes the back is better. i just think a ride which is supposed to simulate flying needed to be grander. the back end of the ride is the better part.

END OF ;)

what was wrong with Gwazi? Granted it was the year it opened i went on it, but remembered it being great!
Ha - might have been then! Before it closed it was horrendously rough and had been for quite a few years.

-------------

@Leah no planning applications for a 2017 ride have actually been made. All we have had so far is some sort of document outlining a possible plan to check whether certain environmental assessments would need to be made. The finished ride (and actual planning documents) could be different to what this stated.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.