• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think SW8 should be a human sling-shot that shoots people from Dark Forest to Forbidden Valley.

And put in the terms and conditions
"Merlin or any of its affiliates may not be held responsible for any loss of life which may occur in the duration of your experience" ;)

And put in the terms and conditions
"Merlin or any of its affiliates may not be held responsible for any loss of life which may occur in the duration of your experience" ;)

They could charge for any medical care as well :p

Look to lightning rod announced at Dollywood in the last 24 hours, the worlds first RMC woodie to feature a launch. No inversions, plenty to overbanking and terrain hugging. It looks marvelous.

Dolly F*****g Parton is ahead of the game on this one.

Wardley is talking with AT. I get the feeling he is the type of guy that never truly retires.
I do hope that if it is a woody then Wardley has a hand in it.

Reactions: Tom
The Dollywood coaster looks very cool. It would be such an addition if we got one like that at AT.

Wardley is talking with AT. I get the feeling he is the type of guy that never truly retires.
I do hope that if it is a woody then Wardley has a hand in it.
I think he said that a woody at AT is the only thing that can tempt him back. Anything else i don't think he would unless it was really good.

Given how many problems The Smiler had it would be right for Wardley to come back, moreso for a woodie. His final work being a woodie at Towers would be a very befitting end to his career.

I think he'll only be invloved if they build something fantastic, which aint gonna happen, why come back for an half assed poor woodie which will never resemble what he wanted to build

I think he'll only be invloved if they build something fantastic, which aint gonna happen, why come back for an half assed poor woodie which will never resemble what he wanted to build
Because if he did come back it would be his track design that was built?

Have to agree with this. Think our problem is that we've been banging on about for so long that we want a woodie, however we haven't said that wanted a good woodie.

But wasnt his plans always for a cross valley woodie, like thats gonna happen ! :(
That was a plan... A long time ago. But if he was involved in any future ride project it would still be of his own design, just perhaps not as adventurous as a cross valley ride.

Which is why he wont be back, it woukd be a compromise on he wanted to do. Plus if it is a wood thats built us geeks will still compare it to what could have been.
Its gonna be a disaster whatever o_O

Which is why he wont be back, it woukd be a compromise on he wanted to do. Plus if it is a wood thats built us geeks will still compare it to what could have been.
Its gonna be a disaster whatever o_O

It wouldn't necessarily be a compromise. I think in hindsight Wardley might have negative opinions of his cross-valley design. It was largely garbage aside from the massive initial drop. He could no doubt come up with something more exciting throughout if he was to have another shot.

If he did come back it would only be if he thought he could design another great ride... Wood or not.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.