• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: CBeebies Land Hotel

Personally I think theyve missed a trick here, the idea of a CBoobies hotel is actually a very good one.

But the rooms... no. Sure it looks 'ok' - but once the kids are in bed, find me a parent who isn't going to be fed up of seeing the stuff. The kids are in bed in their area of the room, and your left with the more heavily themed area and characters on the walls around the bed.

It would have been much better to leave the parent area more toned down.

Just rang up to enquire, standard room for 1 night 2 x adults 1 x 3 year old with MAP discount was £277!! Price online is £302. Some discount. Disgusting

Just rang up to enquire, standard room for 1 night 2 x adults 1 x 3 year old with MAP discount was £277!! Price online is £302. Some discount. Disgusting

That is roughly 10%. Online prices are already discounted from the standard price (which is the price you are quoted when you phone up). MAP is usually around 20% discount on full price (i.e. 10% discount on online price).

:)

Last edited:
Just for comparison, legolands new hotel is £570 a night next July, and that's including two adult tickets. I know it's overpriced at that time of the year anyway, but I could get to europa cheaper.

I find it amazing that people pay these prices. Personally, I like to choose Splash as it's rooms are the only ones that are reasonably priced for theme park accommodation. As long as it's got a reasonable bog, sink, shower and comfortable bed I'm happy as you spend most time in there sleeping (after a skinfull in my case). The general hotel atmosphere and restaurants are where ypu spend the time and you get access to all of them anyway.

I'd be happy for people to keep on paying these outrageous prices if all the proceeds where plowed into the park.

Think Towers could make a lot of money with a budget hotel, got a premier inn for £35 last week, when we arrived it was brand new and spotless. If they can do it and make money I'm sure towers could do something like £50 for a room.

Think Towers could make a lot of money with a budget hotel, got a premier inn for £35 last week, when we arrived it was brand new and spotless. If they can do it and make money I'm sure towers could do something like £50 for a room.
But then why do that when they can charge 10x that and still fill the room?

I do see your point but if the pound continues to get weaker then they may not to be able to fill all these rooms at high prices. It would be good for the general public but not for towers!

Merlin don't give a fig for the local B&B's though, they don't build low cost accommodation because there isn't a decent profit in it.
I'd be happy for people to keep on paying these outrageous prices if all the proceeds where plowed into the park.
So would I...but the proceeds aren't going to future development, they are going to the shareholders as dividends.

Cheap onsite accommodation will never happen because they need to keep the locals sweet in order to continue development at the park/resort.

That's not to say however the prices they charge are acceptable, at least for the quality and level of service provided it's an absolute bloody disgrace!

I still have receipts and welcome packs from when I was booking Splash Landings for 2 nights the year it opened in 2003, spending £500-£600 just on the accomodation. Had no issue with that back then and for a couple of years that followed. But now, with under Merlin's ownership and the quality taking a huge nose dive, not a chance. Ever!

£250-300 a night including park tickets for duration of stay and access to waterpark would give such a better value for money...

I detest any park that doesn't include park tickets in an on-site hotel stay... One of Europa's few flaws in my view...

£250-300 a night including park tickets for duration of stay and access to waterpark would give such a better value for money...

I detest any park that doesn't include park tickets in an on-site hotel stay... One of Europa's few flaws in my view...

Many parks don't, to be fair. If they did, they would just whack the price up anyhow.

Shame you detest Europa, though.

;) :p

Merlin don't give a fig for the local B&B's though, they don't build low cost accommodation because there isn't a decent profit in it.

They do give a fig as it's the locals in the area who gain financially from the park that support the planning applications. Without their support an important local ally would be lost. The reason Chessington struggle in this regard is because few locals fates are tied up in the park.

Also on prices, comparing to foreign hotels is not a sensible idea, the U.K. hotel industry is more expensive than continental Europe across the board.

Still stupidly expensive compared to uk hotels but they will sell them based on demand. The price will fluctuate until they get sales.

Also on prices, comparing to foreign hotels is not a sensible idea, the U.K. hotel industry is more expensive than continental Europe across the board.

See, you often say this - but I am not so sure. Is there any tangible evidence?

I only ask because French hotels are quite pricey. Indeed, equally or more so.

They do give a fig as it's the locals in the area who gain financially from the park that support the planning applications. Without their support an important local ally would be lost.

Having spoken to many of the owners / staff at B&Bs and hotels near Alton Towers over the years, the general feeling towards the park is becoming increasingly negative recently.

The fact there is so much on site accommodation combined with the false promises regarding the relief road, has turned many locals against the park.