• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Thorpe Park have just increased their car parking to £7, how long till Towers follow . just in time for the school holidays and peak season :rolleyes:

Lets just hope the rides are all working to spend all that money to get in it better be worth it. But then again people London way seem to have money to burn. So. legoland will be next and chessington

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Surprised it took this long. Odd that a park in an area of the country far more used to paying for parking was cheaper than Towers for so long is beyond me.

Given that I've just renewed my premium MAP for £119 I'd easily have paid that in parking alone this year, how much profit do you think merlin make from sales of these passes and how long until parking is removed as a benefit and a separate annual parking permit is for sale?

Given that I've just renewed my premium MAP for £119 I'd easily have paid that in parking alone this year, how much profit do you think merlin make from sales of these passes and how long until parking is removed as a benefit and a separate annual parking permit is for sale?

Please don't give them any more money making ideas.

An annual parking permit wouldn't be that bad of an idea, depending on the pricing. At least it would be on offer to all pass holders/guests.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

An annual parking permit wouldn't be that bad of an idea, depending on the pricing. At least it would be on offer to all pass holders/guests.
Surely that muddies the water if you can buy a standard MAP + a parking pass etc.

Are you sure thats Wallibi Holland? as the last time I was there they used rapids boats hthat were split into segments, like this
hqdefault.jpg

very different ride system to that at Alton towers, as the boats are split into four and each segment flexes independantly, plus instead of a turntable to board you get on on a conveyor
video here

New for 2018.
The rapids will have Galacticas VR headsets, and the rafts will be converted to run on wheels. Guests will each be given a plant sprayer to wet themselves as they gently slide down the dry concrete channel, covered in bubble wrap as they see a 3D representation of a raging river.

Are you sure thats Wallibi Holland? as the last time I was there they used rapids boats hthat were split into segments, like this
hqdefault.jpg

very different ride system to that at Alton towers, as the boats are split into four and each segment flexes independantly, plus instead of a turntable to board you get on on a conveyor
video here

Walibi Holland got new boats for their rapids this year.

:)

They could do with getting a long handle cobweb brush. Magical cobwebs in box office and over the monorail monitors.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Wasn't sure where to put this so apologies if it's not in the appropriate place.

Bit of a geeky question but while queuing for Rita me and a friend were trying to work out why some supports have the extra bits on the joins whereas others dont? Does anyone know?

3ddf41329f742a9155e41d58f7f19181.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean the large bolt sticking out the side of the support under the flange? I believe that is where they filled the hollow tubes with sand.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.