• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Do you mean the large bolt sticking out the side of the support under the flange? I believe that is where they filled the hollow tubes with sand.

Nope (but that is fun to know nonetheless!) If you look at the support on the left it is different to the few on the right which have ridges around the bolts. It seems to be something on most tri track coasters but cant figure out why some supports have it and some dont. I guessed it could be where there may be extra stress on the track/supports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still can't believe Rita is now over 12 years old.

Seems like only yesterday when it was the newest (and still crappest) coaster on park which everybody raved about just because it was a launch coaster.

That's getting old for you mate.

It feels like only a couple of years ago since Air opened. The latest, most modern, and most tehnologically advanced coaster ever built. New century, new millemium, the future is finally here.

That was 15 years ago. Most people were still on dial-up internet. Those lucky enough to own a mobile phone could enjoy the simple pleasures of Snake. Children born around that time are now nearly grown ups. Scary!

The original iphone is now in the national computing museum in Milton Keynes :eek:

Rita looks like it was never fully finished and they got to about 85% and went.. yeahhh that will do

Nope (but that is fun to know nonetheless!) If you look at the support on the left it is different to the few on the right which have ridges around the bolts. It seems to be something on most tri track coasters but cant figure out why some supports have it and some dont. I guessed it could be where there may be extra stress on the track/supports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In a nutshell, yes. From your image, the support on the left the track is straightening out, the ones on the right are on a corner.

It looks like the park has been busy this week, probably the busiest it has been during non-event season since The Smiler incident. What amuses me though is that Oblivion has consistently had the second longest queue on park, despite it having the best throughput on park. I'd love to know if it was on one or two station operations!

Good to see that the park does seem to be busy. You can tell that it is the school trip season because the Rapids has held a 0 minute queue for most of the week so far!

:)

What amuses me though is that Oblivion has consistently had the second longest queue on park, despite it having the best throughput on park. I'd love to know if it was on one or two station operations! :)

As a complete geek I have ride times on my bookmarks bar at work and it's been like that for two weeks now, it is on 1 station operation at the moment as well.

Reactions: Rob
It was one station last Saturday, then on the Sunday went to full capacity, yet Saturday was the busier day :lol:

Back to the question about the state of Rita's supports, I'm i the only one who thinks it actually suites the area its in? If it was all clean and shiny their would be moans of how it doesnt fit in (even more so lol)

When does school trip season end? I know the majority of Derbyshire and Staffordshire breaks up next Friday but there are a few schools not finishing till the week after? Anyone got any guesses as to how busy it will be in two weeks? Thanks :)

When does school trip season end? I know the majority of Derbyshire and Staffordshire breaks up next Friday but there are a few schools not finishing till the week after? Anyone got any guesses as to how busy it will be in two weeks? Thanks :)
I would assume there will be schools but not to extent of Staffordshire's last week(Next week) as I'd assume not as many schools would travel to Towers in a longer distance of time, I'd imagine Towers will still be pretty busy espically at the start of the summer holidays.

Back to the question about the state of Rita's supports, I'm i the only one who thinks it actually suites the area its in?
Dirtyland isnt entertaining or compelling though. If it does suit the theme then this theme needs to go.

'Dark Forest' sounds like an awesome concept on paper, but in reality (after the tiny budget and weird planning of Rita & Thirteen) it's some grey featureless buildings with a red coaster on top.

I thought Ug Land (before Rita) rocked as a self contained kids area, was funny in an oddbeat way and looked the part. It knew it was just a bit of fun and had stuff to do. Really should have been replaced with something better than this, I can't wait for a big redesign to this area.

Maybe even keep the gothic theme but make it actually enjoyable and Gothic, more than just a decorated pavement

Last edited:
Back to the question about the state of Rita's supports, I'm i the only one who thinks it actually suites the area its in? If it was all clean and shiny their would be moans of how it doesnt fit in (even more so lol)
There's a difference between something that's made to look rundown and neglected to something that actually is. Take Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris or the Tower of Terror. Both look old and decrepeted but in a very appealing way.

The reason I made my original comment was because I looked at that picture for at least a minute before even realising it was Rita! I genuinely thought the picture was of an abandoned ride at another park.

There's a difference between something that's made to look rundown and neglected to something that actually is. Take Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris or the Tower of Terror. Both look old and decrepeted but in a very appealing way.

The reason I made my original comment was because I looked at that picture for at least a minute before even realising it was Rita! I genuinely thought the picture was of an abandoned ride at another park.

Same goes with Nemesis. I hate the way it looks now, and the rest of FV.

Take a look at the area fresh in 1994 and it looks incredible.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.