• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Calm down its only a fence :rolleyes: IF it was deemed dangerous they WOULD have done something, stop getting your knickers in a twist Mr T

ihaveaspergers said:
are thorpe park visitors really like people make out they are?

In a word, yes.
Like most things it's probably just a minority, but it seems far more dumb shit happens at Thorpe than anywhere else.

For instance last year I saw someone scaling the fence on the Inferno loop to retrieve his phone he'd dropped while on the ride, luckily a member of security was nearby and swiftly dealt with them. As I've said before, I'd rather endure a four hour drive to Alton than I would a 40 minute one to Thorpe due to people's attitudes, soooo much nicer as so as you get north of Oxford.

Haven't posted for a while but just wanted to ask something about MAPs. Have had one for a good six or seven years but let it expire in May as I wasn't impressed with the cuts/new attractions for 2017 - I have only been once this year! However with Scarefest/Fireworks and SW8 looming I am looking to get one to make it to my advantage as I visit a few times at this time of year.

Obviously I know you have 8 weeks from renewal to get the renewal price, however my pass expired 19th May and even putting my annual pass number in on the website tonight it didn't seem to be stopping me from buying one at the cheaper renewal price! Has anyone had an experience of getting away with this or would I just be made to cough up the extra upon collection?!

I can't speak for that exact scenario but if the system let's you renew still, you won't know unless you try. When we picked up our passes from Chessie earlier this year, which were renewed 8 weeks to the day after they expired, the only thing they were interested in was seeing the card used to make the renewal, not when it was done.

if the site is allowing you to renew at a cheaper price then really they should honour it because their site has allowed it - its their fault that their system is broken

if the site is allowing you to renew at a cheaper price then really they should honour it because their site has allowed it - its their fault that their system is broken

Depends on their T&C's. Most of these things are discretionary and are covered so that can be cancelled without rebuttal. Most of the time to save the negative press people/companies will just relent. We had this when we booked a hotel at £1 just cancelled our booking highlighting the terms that they could cancel that I had accepted when paying.

Personally I would risk it and if they try to make you pay just point out the price online, take a screenshot as evidence and keep your email receipt handy. I am sure it will be fine

It's a bit of a grey area, if the mistake price is someting it has previously been sold at, i.e. sale item has wrong price on it that hasn't been removed, then the guidance is the retailer should honor the reduced price, or withdraw the item from sale nationwide for the remainder of the day, but if it's an obvious mistake, such as a hotel room for £1 and that room has never been sold for £1 before, then they don't have honor it, a company can stick whatever terms they want into a contract, but if it doesn't comply with the law it doesn't mean squat.

Boots have a 2for1 promotion on Pampers newborn size 1 or 2 nappies at the moment, it's plastered all over the store, but it doesn't come up on the tills and the staff at my local store wouldn't honour it until I asked for the Manager who promptly told them they had to. (Don't ask, I was buying them for my sister but even though it wasn't my money, I wasn't letting them get away with it).

If you can renew at the lower price, do, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Thanks for your replies folks. Just purchased it at the renewal price online - went straight through! Not sure when I am next at Alton but will hope to get there soon and let you know how I get on!

What's your opinion on the FnB on park, this year (excluding woodcutters)

Also, is there any movement at the empty bit of tarmac where toadstool used to be? Think its coming back at all?

Also also, can anyone take a pick of inside HoMs entrance (the covered bit where you met the vlogger, currently being blocked off with some benches)
I want to compare it with the pictures I took on opening day!

It's a bit of a grey area, if the mistake price is someting it has previously been sold at, i.e. sale item has wrong price on it that hasn't been removed, then the guidance is the retailer should honor the reduced price, or withdraw the item from sale nationwide for the remainder of the day, but if it's an obvious mistake, such as a hotel room for £1 and that room has never been sold for £1 before, then they don't have honor it, a company can stick whatever terms they want into a contract, but if it doesn't comply with the law it doesn't mean squat.

Boots have a 2for1 promotion on Pampers newborn size 1 or 2 nappies at the moment, it's plastered all over the store, but it doesn't come up on the tills and the staff at my local store wouldn't honour it until I asked for the Manager who promptly told them they had to. (Don't ask, I was buying them for my sister but even though it wasn't my money, I wasn't letting them get away with it).

If you can renew at the lower price, do, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Just as a follow up, collected my pass without a single issue on the 15th September - cheers Merlin!!

Is it just me or is back row blocked off on Nemesis every day now? I've been trying to get on the back row for 2 years now without success, last time I got it was 2015!

They use the back row for fast track line, however if there is no one in the fast track just go sit on the back row I guess.

Is it just me or is back row blocked off on Nemesis every day now? I've been trying to get on the back row for 2 years now without success, last time I got it was 2015!
It exclusively for disabled guests now, you will be very lucky to get back row rides.

there was a time the use to only put the chain on the back row bay when disabled guests were queuing, I notice they generally just keep it on now, too much trouble to keep taking it off

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.