• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Eurosat Can Can Coaster / Madame Freudenreich Curiosités

I hope it opens before then. 4 years ago we missed Arthur by 2 weeks all because of the massive delays. We didn’t take chances this time by booking September... now it looks like we might miss the new ride by 2 weeks once again!
I wouldn’t mind but EuroSat is an EP essential, and the rest of my group haven’t been before.

Parkerlebnis.de are reporting that a spokeperson for Europa-Park has said that the opening of Sat "will be sooner" than the end of September.

:)

Reactions: Tim
Euosat CanCan Coaster will open on Wednesday 12th September!

EDIT: It is thought that this could be the date of the press event, however an official opening should be around the same time.

Last edited:
I’m at Europa until the 11th. I’m guessing soft or any other kind of opening prior to that above date is unlikely?

I’m wondering why it’s opening so late to be honest, considering most attractions that don’t open at the start tend to open around July/July time. Maybe the fire has delayed this?

Reactions: Tim
I’m at Europa until the 11th. I’m guessing soft or any other kind of opening prior to that above date is unlikely?

I’m wondering why it’s opening so late to be honest, considering most attractions that don’t open at the start tend to open around July/July time. Maybe the fire has delayed this?

You've got a chance of a soft opening if things go well. But I wouldn't get any hopes up just incase!

The fire has not delayed them. It's late simply because it has been such a complex project. They could not start work until the last season has ended and then the old coaster track had to be taken down in three phases with new track being installed at the same time. All in an incredibly tight space with poor access. When they started they did not really know how long it was going to take, and there was a lot of scope for things going wrong and therefore making it take even longer to complete.

The fire has not delayed them. It's late simply because it has been such a complex project. They could not start work until the last season has ended and then the old coaster track had to be taken down in three phases with new track being installed at the same time. All in an incredibly tight space with poor access. When they started they did not really know how long it was going to take, and there was a lot of scope for things going wrong and therefore making it take even longer to complete

Given the above, I feel they could have been clearer with guests on when this was likely to open. If they really didn’t know how long it might take it’s slightly misleading that they have advertised this as opening ‘summer 2018’ since the start of the year.

I appreciate it’s a complex and bespoke project, but perhaps for that reason they should have set guest expectations better. The new for 2018 attractions opening in September isn’t great but it’s made worse by the way it has been advertised.

I think that they hoped that it would be summer (probably July) and there will have been setbacks. And I do agree that things could have been communicated better than they have been.

EP have something of a split personality when it comes to progress. They’re great with getting some things done (think Piraten demolition).

Any time they promise an opening of a new attraction though and it seems to be missed.

To be honest, I think it's slightly easier to forgive Europa for opening the ride slightly later than they had originally planned when they put their all into creating the best quality attractions they possibly can. I think after the fire, an attraction opening slightly later in the year is just what they need really – for anyone who might have been put off from visiting until Europa have rebuilt all that was destroyed in the fire, the opening of Eurosat is something to draw them back to the Park earlier than they might have considered.

Also, just found out that today's announcement coincides with Europa Parks 43rd anniversary! :)

The 12th is our final day. Let’s hope it isn’t just a press event otherwise I’m going to have to find a way in... ;)

The 12th is our final day. Let’s hope it isn’t just a press event otherwise I’m going to have to find a way in... ;)

I've seen them say to someone on Twitter that they're working really hard to get it open before the press event, so fingers crossed for you!

EP seem to be updating the Eurosat CanCan Coaster website with what they are calling Secret Sneak Peaks. First up is some artwork for parts of the queue:

slid2-01.jpg

slid2-02.jpg

The next Secret Sneak Peak will be available on Monday at 11am.

Also the weekends midnight opening gave the first chance to see the lighting on the new fountains in France:

37052802_2091815411082723_4633744863085461504_n.jpg

Saw those pieces of concept art yesterday. The theming looks like it's going to be absolutely fantastic – not that I didn't expect it to be, this is Europa Park after all! The red windmill they've installed recently looks amazing too. I'll be looking forward to the next sneak peak on Monday. :)

I saw that new fountain 'show' three mornings in a row while I had a coffee and croissant breakfast. It's completely pointless. If it wasn't announced over the PA you wouldn't know it was actually supposed to be a thing. ;)