• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Eurosat Can Can Coaster / Madame Freudenreich Curiosités

A lot of these points raise the question of why bother with a refurb of this nature?

I understand and applaud the improvements to the external aesthetics, these were badly needed. Even a retheme internally I can understand. Why though, would you retrack the coaster if it weren’t required? The original always ran well and clearly in some people’s view, was actually better than the new track.

Was it to incorporate VR as they have, because of some major maintenance issue or just because they could? I can’t help but feel the budget and effort to retrack would have been better utilised elsewhere.

The thing is though that it absolutely was required. Eurosat needed major work because of the condition it was in and I would imagine there were various H&S risks with the old ride as well. It cost far more than it was worth to carry out the re-track and it is not something that they would have done if it was not needed.

Re-tracking it with the same layout was always going to lead to a more boring ride, this has been known for years. And that is why they did make three changes to the track profile. Could more significant changes have been made using the existing supporting structure? I've no idea, we all know how tight it is inside of their with not much of a gap between the track and supports. But I think Roland in particular was very keen on maintaining the same general layout.

They certainly did not spend an absolute fortune just to incorporate VR! Although how they have ended up incorporating it works very well indeed.

The old ride required extensive work.

Also - they did add kinks to the new layout on purpose (e.g. final bend).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Have to say - I adore can-can coaster - rode for the first time a couple of weeks ago! so glad they kept and modified the lift soundtrack! Just so so much fun! and the theming in the queue and station is just equisite - another Success by Europa in my books!

New VR would be welcome. The experience on Valerian far exceeds other VR offerings and a full retheme would be greatas Valerian has done its time.

Agreed that this is likely to be new VR, which as Dan says would be welcome. Valerian is a really good experience but now that I’ve done it two or three times it’s not something I’m willing to pay to do again. However, I would likely pay for a new VR experience.

I’m sure I heard somewhere earlier in the year that the contract for Valerian was up as well.

Valerian was poor, looking forward to seeing if they can come up with something better. I would imagine it will be a MackMedia IP?

Valerian was poor, looking forward to seeing if they can come up with something better. I would imagine it will be a MackMedia IP?
Are you sure you didn’t visit a worse version of Europa-Park that’s in a parallel universe? 🤣

I’m not a fan of VR on coasters but I thought Valerian did it pretty well, it was certainly a complete experience.

Are you sure you didn’t visit a worse version of Europa-Park that’s in a parallel universe? 🤣

I’m not a fan of VR on coasters but I thought Valerian did it pretty well, it was certainly a complete experience.

Huge amounts of lag after the lift, not really much compelling going on on the headset as far as I can tell through said lag (maybe I missed the interesting bits?) The avatars and virtual station at the start were great, the build up on the lift decent, the mess after less so. Genuinely the best VR coaster I've done for working was Galactica VR. The bar is low to say the least :p

Wodan and Mir are absolutely excellent, if I visited a worse version do they get even better? I hope so. Roll on next year I guess?

I guess VR has moved on a lot since it opened, so they could definitely get a better film now.

I’ve never really liked the theme as it’s always felt very basic and bare with the queue and shop, even the outside of the building is basic.

I didn’t come off valerian impressed but then my binocular vision isn’t great so VR is always a bit limited for me. I was impressed with the tech though and walking with the headset (except the time it went wrong and nearly sat me on someone’s knee until a host grabbed me).

A new theme is probably due and as VR tech has improved I’m sure it will step up a notch again, and of all the VR coasters in the world this is the best implemented.

The VR station is receiving a new look for the new experience this season
426261369_895371009034670_636468763880422400_n.jpg

Source