• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Can someone please tell the Twitter team to stop spamming the RCR tweets to random “celebrities”. It’s not great marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the award for the least innovative and most annoying marketing campaign of 2018 goes to....... Alton Towers for their spamming of everyone's Twitter feeds.

God knows what they were thinking.

:)

My thoughts exactly... Completely lost the plot...

They must have tweeted 50 - 60 people? Not sure what the strategy is... I want every single person they messaged to tweet back, turn up at the restaurant and see how they fit the entire Man United, Chelsea and Cardiff City teams as well as the England cricket team and the 50+ others invited!

They must have tweeted 50 - 60 people? Not sure what the strategy is... I want every single person they messaged to tweet back, turn up at the restaurant and see how they fit the entire Man United, Chelsea and Cardiff City teams as well as the England cricket team and the 50+ others invited!

One of the best replies...

"Alton Towers... you ok hun?"

You could literally write a how not to do social media guide using just Alton Towers as a case study this year.

Better than nothing...
Tut tut tut...

And now this nonsense!

Somebody's last day on the twitter team maybe? :D

Had they done this properly (and yes, I think they could have, if they'd put more effort into it and not done like 50 invitations in the space of a few hours!), this could have been a pretty entertaining campaign. But all the messages were bland copy + paste rubbish. And I doubt half of them will even turn up either. Pointless. Absolutely pointless nonsense. Get a bloody grip, Alton Towers! :mad:

Oh they were "celebrities"? I thought it was people who'd come 2nd in the year's worth of "retweet for free ticket" competitions or something! Only saw the first 4 though.

Their social media has left a lot to be desired recently, why would we expect anything less? At least they're not being belligerent anymore which is something I suppose

I doubt even Alton Towers are stupid enough to expect any of these celebs to show up - they just wanted some free advertising to the millions of followers they have so came up with a far fetched excuse to tweet them.

Highlighting said people were 2nd best whilst spamming their own followers in the process might not have been the best way to go about it mind you.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.