• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Lots of people on the lawns today. Who the hell pays £50 to go and sunbathe? Completely against the idea of escapism.
I think this is linked to the whole 'football is evil and should only be shown in pubs' mentality exhibited rather miserably in this thread. The number of different reasons that people visit the parks are vast - some people want coasters, some people want a day out where they can chill out and do not very much in pleasant surroundings - sometimes members of a family group will want a hybrid of these things which makes Alton wonderful.

The prevalence of MAP and the whole voucher culture means almost no one is paying £50, as we have discussed a million times. If you do want to lounge around all day, the lawns at Alton are not a terrible choice and if you can do so whilst your kids head off and enjoy themselves in a safe* environment, why not...

The whole "OMG we need to go on every ride and we don't have enough time to do it" mentality is not in everyone.

*If they avoided the tear gas wafting over from the football riots :rolleyes:

It amuses me that some people can gladly accept that not everyone wants to go on rides, yet cannot aply that same logic to football.

Hmmmm Easter weekend .... hmmmm
DgdeQ3JX0AAnrc3.jpg

Never seen this before, whereabouts was it? And would Alton Towers not have CCTV... although, I don't know if I can imagine this being stolen during park hours to be honest.

I think this is linked to the whole 'football is evil and should only be shown in pubs' mentality exhibited rather miserably in this thread. The number of different reasons that people visit the parks are vast - some people want coasters, some people want a day out where they can chill out and do not very much in pleasant surroundings - sometimes members of a family group will want a hybrid of these things which makes Alton wonderful.

The prevalence of MAP and the whole voucher culture means almost no one is paying £50, as we have discussed a million times. If you do want to lounge around all day, the lawns at Alton are not a terrible choice and if you can do so whilst your kids head off and enjoy themselves in a safe* environment, why not...

The whole "OMG we need to go on every ride and we don't have enough time to do it" mentality is not in everyone.

*If they avoided the tear gas wafting over from the football riots :rolleyes:

Your very good at putting words in people’s mouths, football isn’t evil it just doesn’t need to be everywhere and someone relaxing on some grass is not comparable.

You can tell the debate is starting to struggle when Straws start getting grasped.

@Dave No straws here, only those used by fellow fans supping their beverages in the courtyard this afternoon. A fine time was had and those uninterested carried on without having to be subjected to the game.

cheers-we-win.jpg

I'm not a fan of football, I don't think it's evil or people should be told that they can't watch/enjoy it.

When the football was being shown at Thorpe a few weeks back on my visit, it did not have ruin or have any adverse effect on our day, we didn't even know that it was being shown apart from when we came to leave the park and it was frustrating that we had to negotiate through a crowd of people watching it upon leaving.

By all means, show football at Alton to those that would like to watch it, but please ensure that it's all tucked out of the way of the main guest.

Showing the footie today at the park don't affect me as I've stayed here at home.

Lots of people on the lawns today. Who the hell pays £50 to go and sunbathe? Completely against the idea of escapism.

I don't get it either. Even if a football stadium was to build a large rollercoaster within the grounds, it wouldn't be enough to get me visiting the stadium to watch football.

I visited the park today and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised, I had a great time.

Positives:
-Wicker Man's downtime seems to be being resolved much quicker now.
-Operations, particularly on Th13teen and Galactica (whilst not perfect) seem to be much better than at the start of the season.
-The weather was amazing
-Ride close was extended until 6pm
-Not being a football fan, I was concerned about the effect that the football atmosphere would have on the park, but the game was shown in an area that was very easy to avoid and I didn't feel like it impacted the day of anyone not wanting to be a part of it all

Negatives:
-The 11am openings are still causing guest dispersal issues at the start of the day, I feel like at least Dark Forest & CCL should also be opening at 10am.
-No fire on Wicker Man, again. What is going on?
-Duel is still in a bad state, I do like the new audio though

Wouldn't we be better suggesting people who are frustrated with staggered openings and poor operations direct their complaints directly to merlin hq rather than box office . Would they get the message then how people feel rather than just analysing those customer survey i pads.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.