• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
However much it is costing to show the England game, that money will not be coming from the park's operating budget. So if the money was not being spent on some sort of screen, it would not have been available to open a ride for a little longer. Plus I doubt it costs that much in the grand scheme of things to hire in a screen.

:)
This is a company who won't have 1 extra member of staff at the bottom of The Smiler's stairs to do a proper rap merge

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

This is a company who won't have 1 extra member of staff at the bottom of The Smiler's stairs to do a proper rap merge

I don't get how that relates to the point I was making? Again, that staff member would come form a different budget.

I don't get how that relates to the point I was making? Again, that staff member would come form a different budget.

I'm leading to the fact that they won't pay anything they consider an unnecessary expense.

I'm leading to the fact that they won't pay anything they consider an unnecessary expense.

But a member of staff at a merge point across a season is a big difference to a screen for football over a relatively short period of time. Staff at a merge point have no direct effect on revenue, a screen has the potential to increase visitors, encourage them to stay for longer and spend more on F+B.

I think his point is the cost of hiring a big screen may well dwarf that of the cost of putting a single staff member on minimum wage at the bottom of the smiler stairs for six months... Not everything should be about returns, maybe if they cared a bit more about their customers, the like of me would have renewed our maps.

I think his point is the cost of hiring a big screen may well dwarf that of the cost of putting a single staff member on minimum wage at the bottom of the smiler stairs for six months...

A big screen can be hired on Sunday for a cost of £1,250 plus VAT. I believe Towers pay at least minumum wage, so the staff member would cost significantly more.

A big screen can be hired on Sunday for a cost of £1,250 plus VAT. I believe Towers pay at least minumum wage, so the staff member would cost significantly more.

But if they even had manned merge when its busy and not otherwise the staff bills drops.

I have no idea what sort of screen they are getting in but as far as I am aware it is only for the England game on Sunday.

The soap label is designed to hang around...it is meant to become a little stand to sit the soap on...stops it getting all slimy.
Well I never knew that!

But who uses a bar of soap these days? "Hmmm, I think I'll wash my face with this thing that's been sitting here for weeks, festering in a damp environment, and has been rubbed against an unknown number of body parts from all the people that have passed through here."
This is the twenty first century. Liquid soap exists now. ;)

Changing the topic a little bit...

IMG_1382.PNG

Seriously. This is getting rediculous now, it is unacceptable, and it has to stop. Whatever is going on behind the scenes needs to stop right now. It's not professional. I mean, are they literally watching YouTube videos while they're supposed to be working? :banghead:

Changing the topic a little bit...

IMG_1382.PNG

Seriously. This is getting rediculous now, it is unacceptable, and it has to stop. Whatever is going on behind the scenes needs to stop right now. It's not professional. I mean, are they literally watching YouTube videos while they're supposed to be working? :banghead:
It is the year of “it’s better than nothing” at Towers, they just following on the trend to let people know they can’t be bothered with actual work.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes needs to stop right now. It's not professional. I mean, are they literally watching YouTube videos while they're supposed to be working? :banghead:

I don't think watching Youtube videos during working hours is a trait particularly prevalent at Alton Towers versus absolutely any other workplace, and in this case, it is part-and-parcel with performing social media and staying 'on trend'.

They are bad at this, though.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.