• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
[QUOTE="Mi-Nigle, post: 230848, member: 74]"Then again it could just be a speaker in there with an angle grinder playlist.[/QUOTE]

So they may be playing a cd called 'Now that what i call power tools 83 '
:D :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Looks like the 18 restrictions has returned on the rapids in time for the school trip season, pic taken from TT site

panja6r.jpg

Gw5uJ62.jpg

I couldn't see that this has been posted here, sorry if it has already. Looks like NST having a second floor and stairs fitted
as reported by TS on FB

0mkS2G3.jpg

I can't recall the last time I saw so many coaches at Alton post-Smiler, spread across multiple car parks.

You've got to think that the hardship they suffered in that market in 2015 - 2017 is pretty much/entirely gone.
And, rather awkwardly, they're many rides and food outlets down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When did the Oblivion Rehydrator last open? I think it's terrible that this is closed, it is what people look at when they are on Oblivion, and I think it is essentially "built in" to the structure of Oblivion, especially with it's architectural features. I feel like with that closed, and the area around it empty due to this, Oblivion almost seems incomplete - let alone the fact it is missing the ride shop.

Seems a shame that this is closed, the only Food and Drink offering in X-Sector is The Fried Chicken Company.

Closed at present:

- TS Bar & Grill
- Spinball Noodles
- Rehydrator Nachos/Beers
- Wobble World Cafe
- Burger Kitchen FV
- Refresh@Ripsaw
- Katanga Cabin
- Courtyard Tavern

Removed and not replaced:

- Mexican Cantina

Removed and replaced:

- Fish & Chips to Coffee Lounge
- Ben & Jerry's to Coffee Bar

Added:

- Rollercoaster Restaurant

I was under the impression outlets would reopen if Alton picks up... hmm.

In short when they look at the reduced year on year food and drink sales they have only themselves to blame! No its the terrorist threat or Russians using nerve toxins risk.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Call me crazy, but what if Merlin paid staff more than the minimum legal obligation? I've seen long queues of frustrated guests at Chessington and some of the staff could give less of a toss about serving the static queue. People walk away unhappy and potential sales are lost.

Call me crazy, but what if Merlin paid staff more than the minimum legal obligation? I've seen long queues of frustrated guests at Chessington and some of the staff could give less of a toss about serving the static queue. People walk away unhappy and potential sales are lost.
Given Varney has publicly criticised the increase in the minimum wage before, I’d highly doubt they’d even consider paying more, at least not.. voluntarily :eek:

Last edited:
With the closed food and beverage outlets, are people of the opinion that Alton/Merlin are leaving money on the table, or do you think that people gravitate to the outlets that are open and there is no real impact in terms of revenue, just an increase in margin?

Specifically, are the park doing the same trade over a smaller number out of outlets with a reduced cost base.

Yesterday we got drinks on Towers Street, donuts from Nemices (both without any wait) and got dinner in Flambo's - which was really good in terms of quality and value - I like the Italian options, but if that's not your bag I can understand that you may miss the previous offering.

In fact, I'd be hard pressed to eat at Rollercoaster Restaurant as much as we have done in the past if I was driving and wasn't looking to get loaded up on alcohol. Two of us spent £80 or so at RCR last month, four of us was around £115 or so. At Flambo's yesterday, we ate more and it was £15 + change after MAP discount.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.