• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Were they actually joining groups up to make it 7 per boat today? Or still sending boats with just groups of 2 like they have been for months?

No max 7 but they put the 3 of us on a boat alone, this was around 12.

We were on twice yesterday and the second time when the queue was longer they batched us with another couple.

Of course they didn't need to spent money on this chill room - but it let's them jump on the "we're helping special needs guests" bandwagon and look good whilst drawing attention away from the many shortcomings in their on-park offering in terms of ride reliability / availability / catering / operations in general this season.

If Alton Towers was operating in the USA, a guest would have had filed a lawsuit against them way earlier in the season based on the "50 rides and attractions" claim. They'd have won in no-time too.

I too hate it when companies help people with special needs rather than tackle the real issues, like replacing lights in the air tunnel

I too hate it when companies help people with special needs rather than tackle the real issues, like replacing lights in the air tunnel

Sorry, but I'm really going to have to speak my mind here! You may be lucky enough to be born in good health. But there are plenty of people out there that are born with medical conditions or through no fault of their own has been involved in life changing accidents. These people may be the minority, but how ignorance of people like you that think that people who have difficulties accessing facilities whilst out and about should not have things put in place, not privileges just basic access to places that able bodied people just simply take for granted. May not be a real issue to you, but one day, something unimaginable may happen to you and you may end up in a wheelchair or with a life changing disability, then you will see things from a whole different perspective. Disable people have enough challenges accessing just the basic things in life without having to deal with the prejudice of other people. :mad:

So are the new signs on the rapids reminders for the dispatch staff? Or can they not count? Or are management telling them not to fill the boats contradicting the new signs they just installed? :confused:

So are the new signs on the rapids reminders for the dispatch staff? Or can they not count? Or are management telling them not to fill the boats contradicting the new signs they just installed? :confused:
I think it is so guests can self-split their groups into the number that is displayed, but didn't they recently install a manned gate at the RAP merge point?

I suspect until recently they haven't quite worked out what the official policy should be, other than telling staff not to fill the boats - we were allowed 6 a couple of weeks ago so clearly things have changed even since then.

Hopefully now there's more clarity and they'll start running the boats closer to capacity rather than sending 3 consecutive boats out with 2 people in each of them.

There's been a merge point on the ride for fastrack for years, not sure if it's ever been used as RAP merge too but I've very rarely seen merge used. If it were up to me I'd suggest it's necessary on busy days as having large numbers of FT/RAP guests blocking the exit and making it difficult for people to get off the turntable seems like a bad idea.

It baffles my mind how they just extend park opening by just half n hour, half a god damn hour to 17:30pm. We should be looking at 7pm even 8pm closing, even by then you'd think it was mid day.
The park is rammed, the sun is up....For sucks sake utilise thisssss!

@Log Flume's Dennis

Would you like to be in my shoes?

A few examples

I need assistance getting on/off mainline trains

I need to use a lift to go up/down more than 1 step

Whenever I need the toilet it’s ether looked or people who are ignorant and are capable of using male/female toilets are in there because there’s more room or its closer than theirs

Do you want me to carry on?

Saw a woman complain that she had bruises from the rapids on the main Alton towers page in the visitor comments. Poor woman said she came off crying and the staff didn't even ask if she was okay.

Jesus we have guys on here crying on a daily basis that The Smiler hurts them.

OK, this may be time to stable those high horses and re-check for sarcasm.

If people had to put disclaimers under every comment not intended to be taken 100% seriously the world would be a much more boring place.

I've nothing against having a laugh or sarcasm. I very much guilty for that on here. If you go through all my post, I've never ever aimed any of my post directly at any specific group of people or what could be deemed as discrimination or as hate crime.

I know that we are targeted with hate crime every day when we are out, not just the once, but contentiously throughout the day. We get it so much that it dose become very predictable. I stood up for the disable on here as the comment made earlier, might have been tongue in cheek, but the comment if taken literally, could have been viewed as inciting hate crime. At the end of the day, if it offends someone how ever small, even if it not meant to, it is an offence. I personally didn't find that post at all funny

Saw a woman complain that she had bruises from the rapids on the main Alton towers page in the visitor comments. Poor woman said she came off crying and the staff didn't even ask if she was okay.

There has been a few reports with bruises from the Rapids on FB recently (and over the past few years) there were also reports and graphic images of a lady that cut her hear open on the rapids a week or two ago. There is also a complaint that a lady had part of the crazy golf themeing fell on her leg/foot causing damage to her foot which ruined her few days stay at the resort.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.