• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've nothing against having a laugh or sarcasm. I very much guilty for that on here. If you go through all my post, I've never ever aimed any of my post directly at any specific group of people or what could be deemed as discrimination or as hate crime.

I know that we are targeted with hate crime every day when we are out, not just the once, but contentiously throughout the day. We get it so much that it dose become very predictable. I stood up for the disable on here as the comment made earlier, might have been tongue in cheek, but the comment if taken literally, could have been viewed as inciting hate crime. At the end of the day, if it offends someone how ever small, even if it not meant to, it is an offence. I personally didn't find that post at all funny

There has been a few reports with bruises from the Rapids on FB recently (and over the past few years) there were also reports and graphic images of a lady that cut her hear open on the rapids a week or two ago. There is also a complaint that a lady had part of the crazy golf themeing fell on her leg/foot causing damage to her foot which ruined her few days stay at the resort.

That's not good at all. Someone mentioned about the low water levels and I wondered if they are shooting themselves in the foot by lowering the water levels.

At this rate we will all be strip searched and have our kids put in cages trump style while the parents ride. No cameras, no waterfalls, no water, no standing, no waterguns, no dark tunnels no viewing areas no people allowed in the boats. It might as well be stationary with a bit of VR and a bucket of water tipped on you.

At this rate we will all be strip searched and have our kids put in cages trump style while the parents ride. No cameras, no waterfalls, no water, no standing, no waterguns, no dark tunnels no viewing areas no people allowed in the boats. It might as well be stationary with a bit of VR and a bucket of water tipped on you.
Or without the bucket of water, as seems to have been the case on my most recent rides which have been more akin to a narrowboat cruise than white water rafting

Thanks. :)

I can't see how Alton's rapids, even before they were neutered, could possibly cause that to someone who was properly seated.
I've had far worse bruises from The Ultimate, or 'Nash.
Only thing I can think of is they may have some condition that makes them extremely prone to bruising.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Complete change of subject, but this has really ignited an inner volcano.
37236274_10215090285043531_1096162300609429504_n.jpg

So for an extra £20/25, you can have a number engraved into the wood.

I'm lost for words. This is just sheer desperation, it's as if they've actually given up on bothering to hide the fact they'll tip you upside down for every loose penny in your pockets.

Fortunately I don't do facebook and refuse to click any link to it, so I'll have to take your word for it. ;)

Here are a couple of screen shots of the lady that cut her head open on the rapids as well as the post of the lady that injured her leg on the golf course. I've blanked out their names and the pic of the head injury was too graphic, so I blanked that out too

S2uFrUD.jpg

ILWxJ42.jpg

Awww, I don't even get to see the gore? :cry:

All seems very suspect to me. If you got injured that badly while on park property, surely the first thing you would do is ask the nearest staff member for help? Or did she just get in the car and go home, then decide to complain on facebook rather than seek medical aid ASAP?

EDIT: Ignore me, the second post says she did actually see a medic on site.

Awww, I don't even get to see the gore? :cry:

All seems very suspect to me. If you got injured that badly while on park property, surely the first thing you would do is ask the nearest staff member for help? Or did she just get in the car and go home, then decide to complain on facebook rather than seek medical aid ASAP?
"I was seen by a medic" think they at least checked she was alright.
It's possible they missed something but I doubt it.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Is it just me who has a feeling the Rapids days may be numbered? In the last few years they have become more of a 'seasonal' attraction across the group, and with staff dotted around the ride course monitoring guests, now we have water levels and guest numbers affecting things, added to the fact the owners appear scared of them.

It would shock me at all to find the ride mothballed soon.

Complete change of subject, but this has really ignited an inner volcano.

So for an extra £20/25, you can have a number engraved into the wood.

I'm lost for words. This is just sheer desperation, it's as if they've actually given up on bothering to hide the fact they'll tip you upside down for every loose penny in your pockets.

Wow, they are still literally selling planks of wood as souvenirs. I’m surprised they aren’t selling their own bottled water yet filled from the hosepipe round the back.
41675594560_00634ed99c_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.