• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Now, will this mean the waterfalls get turned back on and the boats loaded properly? If so then it's worth it, ugly or not.

I sincerely hope this will mean the ride can be run as intended with all effects including waterfalls once all the boats are modified.

So talk of the rapids
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-45161739

If a case goes ahead against Drayton for the actions of one young girl who was inadequately supervised by school staff then I expect towers to NEVER turn the waterfall back on.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

This is being discussed at length on the DMP thread. It’s the response of the park to the guest entering the water as opposed to the incident itself that is the issue. This shouldn’t impact the waterfalls if AT have taken steps to modify the boats.

This is being discussed at length on the DMP thread. It’s the response of the park to the guest entering the water as opposed to the incident itself that is the issue. This shouldn’t impact the waterfalls if AT have taken steps to modify the boats.
Shouldn't assuming a logical operator of the park...

They are already bright yellow boats in an African themed area, some black bars/doors aren't exactly ruining the aesthetic.

If these safety provisions mean the waterfalls will return, I'm all for it.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Let's be honest, they'll have realised how much they're saving on the waterfalls being off so that'll remain as a cost cutting measure.
I doubt that. To be fair the Wickerman flames are back on, they could have left them off if it was all about saving money

Just a heads up. For those on O2 this week they will be giving customers using the priority app free in park rewards...
  • 2 free ice creams per customer.
  • Free goodie bags with usb fans and sunscreen.
  • On park games to win free nero gift cards and other goodies.
  • Free on park spa massages and treatments.
  • Plus an o2 blue room where you can relax and chill.
All info will be in your o2 app.

Just a heads up. For those on O2 this week they will be giving customers using the priority app free in park rewards...
  • 2 free ice creams per customer.
  • Free goodie bags with usb fans and sunscreen.
  • On park games to win free nero gift cards and other goodies.
  • Free on park spa massages and treatments.
  • Plus an o2 blue room where you can relax and chill.
All info will be in your o2 app.
Oh is that what it is. They were at Thorpe on Saturday but didn’t pay any attention to it o_O
Missed all my freebies. :(

I see they've changed the 'come back later' message to 'currently unavailable' on ride times.

Much better as there's no point telling guests to come back later when the ride may be closed all day.
Attractions.io asks ride hosts when closing a ride to select a reason from a drop down box, they could have it set to show different closed messages depending on the reason.

Very disappointed with my day so far at alton towers compared to thorpe last week. Considering they close at 6 the operations are poor how many coasters do they want you to do 5? Galactica is a joke?! Sending crafts with 3 rows and themeing taken from tunnel walk through what are they doing with the place?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.