• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yep. It's not like anybody has travel arrangements or plans for their evening, we just make it up as we go along :D

And do the staff just get told they're working an extra hour?

Ps sorry for being so cynical

A lot of parks decide their closing time on the day based on the crowds (including Europa Park). It’s more efficient as there is no point promising a 7pm ride close then there is a huge storm and no one shows up. Few people plan an evening after a trip to a theme park anyway

The staff get a predicted closing time, I assume they then have a limit on how far they can extend the day from the prediction.

You would be suprises how many jobs do not have a fixed finish time. In my line of work we know we aim to finish for 8pm but we often finish a good hour after that.

A guy at Thorpe once told me they're hours are park closing + 1 hour, and sometimes they don't get told about extended opening until a few minutes before the original planned closing time, as he said, they have you over a barrel, as nobody is going to refuse an extra hours pay.

Good to see, I was going to say it’ll be clear water but it’s better than nothing
It's good to see them back, definitely better than nothing! I do wonder though, if there is any way they can use something natural to colour the water that doesn't cause any harm to the environment? Supposing the reason they removed it was definitely due to environmental reasons..?

So I'm just thinking. AT seems to be having a good summer with guest numbers well up. So much so that the queue times are crazy and the rides are having to work full out and VR removed from galactica to improve throughput. All this is a good turnaround from 2015. However what is management and merlin going to do next season to handle this and possibly even more people? With cloud cookoo land retheme not happening and possibly enterprise on its last legs, something is needed to entertain the crowds. A paid for dungeon attraction is not alone going to help. Surely someone upstairs is going to have to think of a flat or two until the next big SW investment to keep the increased visitor number and satisfaction up. Or do they want decreasing visitor numbers going forward?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Surely it's time to resurrect NST and Toadstool as a minimum? Guest numbers are way up so they should bring back some of the rides to help cope.

If they don't plan on getting those open they run the very real risk of completely running out of support rides - Blade's already been given an extra lease of life once following TST's successful #prayforblade campaign but can't have long left and Enterprise is surely running out of time too.

It's time to be proactive and just get a job lot of Zamperla family/thrill rides - they could replace Blade and/or Enterprise if need be and they even have something that looks like a cross between Energiser and Ripsaw if they're really feeling ambitious (on a relatively modest budget).

But surely with guest numbers up, that proves they don't need the extra rides to entice guests back?
But they need something to do apart from wait. That is unless you think they like being kept waiting to ride 4 coasters 6 if they are lucky .

Who cares about people having to wait as long as they keep turning up in large enough numbers to make a good profit? No point in wasting those profits on new rides if people will keep turning up for a few more years anyway. Just bash out a new ride in about 3 more years when the guest numbers drop again. Jobs a good 'un :D

But surely with guest numbers up, that proves they don't need the extra rides to entice guests back?
Err? ......

So wickerman wasn't a new ride for 2018. I think that ( a new attraction ) is what has brought the masses. So much so I really feel other filler attractions are needed. They added ripsaw after success of nemisis and that was a crowd pleaser too!

As long as they are still “right up there” with the KPI feedback nothing will change. Of course those feedback tablets are selective in when you can leave feedback...

Also it’s all well and good having these big queues and extra 30mins added on but how many visitors are spending money.

As I understand it the red dye used in Nemesis was never an environmental danger - it was perfectly safe even if it entered the water course outside the ride.

However the Environment Agency are still not happy with the ‘visible pollution’ caused if the water makes it’s way to local water courses. So the likelihood of it ever returning is slim to none.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.