• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As I understand it the red dye used in Nemesis was never an environmental danger - it was perfectly safe even if it entered the water course outside the ride.

However the Environment Agency are still not happy with the ‘visible pollution’ caused if the water makes it’s way to local water courses. So the likelihood of it ever returning is slim to none.
I guess the key word there is "if". Did it ever enter the local water course?

The Frog Hopper has a 40 minute queue. The Frog Hopper!

If that doesn’t prove the woeful lack of ride capacity at Towers these days nothing will. I think it’s time to build some support rides, add some shows, bring back the SBNO attractions. Anything.

Last edited:
The Frog Hopper has a 40 minute queue. The Frog Hopper!

If that doesn’t prove the woeful lack of ride capacity at Towers these days nothing will. I think it’s time to build some support rides, add some shows, bring back the SBNO attractions. Anything.
But Duel, which has had the “TLC” treatment can’t get above 0min.

Ok I thought it may have, hence the removal but I wasn't sure. Thought it could have just been the Environment Agency (or whoever) just being overly cautious in telling AT to remove it "just in case".

Nope they had a couple of incidents where local farmers land was turned red. The only way they would get the water back is if the park invested in a filter system for the water outflow but that isn’t ever going to happen.

But Duel, which has had the “TLC” treatment can’t get above 0min.
The Frog Hopper will only pull through like 90pph though... Not a patch on Duel’s 1600pph...

But yes, the park’s biggest dark ride failing to attract any sort of queue at all on a super busy day is a very bad sign. If only it had a name that actually told you what the attraction was... Nobody sees “Duel” on the queue time boards, mobile app or whatever, and thinks ‘ghost train’. If they did I’m sure it would be more popular.

My daughter starts school in September so this is my last year visiting outside of school holidays, not impressed with the state the park is in!

Apart from the power issues :rolleyes: Still amazed they haven’t just plonked Dodgems in place of Ripsaw. Something everyone young or old enjoys

Funny you should mention the power issue and I know there's another thread about it but they had the generator in the substation under forbidden valley skyride running mid morning when we walked past two Saturdays ago. The exhaust comes out level with the ground floor roof just between the vending machines and the toilets and was making a hell of a racket and stink. I was thinking that maybe they were running the generator in parallel with the mains during peak load. They could have been just doing a test run though. It was off again when I came out of the toilets.

The Frog Hopper will only pull through like 90pph though... Not a patch on Duel’s 1600pph...

But yes, the park’s biggest dark ride failing to attract any sort of queue at all on a super busy day is a very bad sign. If only it had a name that actually told you what the attraction was... Nobody sees “Duel” on the queue time boards, mobile app or whatever, and thinks ‘ghost train’. If they did I’m sure it would be more popular.

Duel never gets a queue it’s a throughput machine

It seems they hardly ever update the Duel queue time as there's just no point - here's the queue-times data. For the past week the time has been changed twice and then left the same until the end of the day, the rest of the week they never touched it at all.

I walked to a zero minute duel queue the other week and when we got there the queue was out the door coming down the steps. I do remember walking through the outside queue last year though

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.