• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ah, their usual "from only £xx" ploy. I need to stop falling for that one, not a bad deal at any rate, though for me any pass not valid at scarefest/fireworks is basically worthless
Only £50 extra to go pmap!

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

A 5pm close just isn't good enough on a busy Saturday, despite efficient ride operations yesterday there just wasn't enough time and we therefore missed out on Galactica, Spinball, Runaway Train, Rapids and a fair few other rides purely due to lack of time.

Also it felt like we were being hurried out yesterday due to hundreds of scout groups arriving just as the park closed; I think it's terrible that they arranged this knowing full well it meant they wouldn't be able to extend if the park was busy, as IMO the customers who are visiting a theme park for its primary purpose should be the number 1 priority.

Disappointing.

I was with one of those scout groups, taking a group in.
We used to go in a back entrance, coming in by the aquarium avoiding the main public entrance, avoiding the crowds. although I think the change to the main entrance was a Merlin decision.

As for the hurried out, I've noticed this on normal days.

A 5pm close just isn't good enough on a busy Saturday, despite efficient ride operations yesterday there just wasn't enough time and we therefore missed out on Galactica, Spinball, Runaway Train, Rapids and a fair few other rides purely due to lack of time.

Also it felt like we were being hurried out yesterday due to hundreds of scout groups arriving just as the park closed; I think it's terrible that they arranged this knowing full well it meant they wouldn't be able to extend if the park was busy, as IMO the customers who are visiting a theme park for its primary purpose should be the number 1 priority.

Disappointing.
Should have got a fasttrack Jamie!
To think I got six rides in on the Beach this morning in an hour and a half, including three rides on Icon.

I love RideTimes because it means 20-30 times a day I can look to see how long people I've never met are waiting to go on rides. If it ever went down I don't know what I'd do. Probably go to Alton Towers, which is my second favourite thing to do after checking RideTimes.
I think it's time we had a new topic just for ride times screenshots. Maybe even a whole subforum.
Right. Perhaps its time for a large alert that takes up almost the entire screen to be placed on this very forum, that repeats approximately every 5-20 seconds, reminding every single member, willingly or not, of the two words that describe the most important pieces of data to ever grace this good earth. Ride-Times. Clicking on this alert would bring up one of the biggest information hubs ever seen on a theme park fansite, displaying not only the approximate queue times (guessed down to the last second), but also a visual GIS map of the queue showing every single person within the queue-line, the average speed at which they are moving at (in knots or mph) and also data on how the length and width of the queue might alter the average queue-time as well.

Right. Perhaps its time for a large alert that takes up almost the entire screen to be placed on this very forum, that repeats approximately every 5-20 seconds, reminding every single member, willingly or not, of the two words that describe the most important pieces of data to ever grace this good earth. Ride-Times. Clicking on this alert would bring up one of the biggest information hubs ever seen on a theme park fansite, displaying not only the approximate queue times (guessed down to the last second), but also a visual GIS map of the queue showing every single person within the queue-line, the average speed at which they are moving at (in knots or mph) and also data on how the length and width of the queue might alter the average queue-time as well.
I may have to put something together ;)

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Turn push notifications on for RideTimes for the ultimate virtual queuing experience. You might think that's daft but I knew how long my uncle's accountant queued for RMT on Sunday in realtime, so...

Seriously though, we should all organise a ride times only meet up. We can have a WhattsApp group and by monitoring RideTimes, role-play an entire day at Alton Towers from the comfort of our beds.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.